Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 6:51 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Martin awakens on a grassy plain, with hills rolling in all directions. The sun shines down with warmness from a blue sky.

2Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 6:58 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"Shit, what the hell, where am I?" Martin says as he slowly gets up and looks at the view around him, he decides to climb the closest hill to the top to see if he can get a better view of the world around him and to see if he can see anything distinguishable from the top of the hill...

3Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:07 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
At the top of the hill, the plains stretch away as far as he can see.

4Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:10 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"Where the hell am I?" Martin says, he opens up his laptop and boots it up, to see if he can get a connection to the satellites and find out where he is, using gps technology

5Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:27 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
The laptop malfunctions and shuts off, and something similar happens with his ear piece.

6Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:33 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"What the hell, this laptop is brand new" Martin says pissed off. He then takes his toolbox out of his pack and uses his tools to open the laptop and diagnose the problem as to why it is malfunctioning by first inspecting the laptop's battery and power supply and then proceeding to inspect the rest of the laptop...

7Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:39 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Nothing appears to be wrong with the laptop on the inside or out. It simply won't work.

8Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:42 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Annoyed and confused, Martin sits on the grass on the top of the hill, wondering what he should do next

9Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:51 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
After resting for a bit and having a drink from his water bottle, Martin decides to get up and start walking as anywhere has got to be better than here and he thinks that he is bound to find something eventually, so he puts everything away in his pack and walks north carrying his assault rifle, using the position of the sun as a guide to make sure that he is always traveling north and he stops at every hilltop that he passes to scan the view around him with his binoculars to see if he can find anything distinguishable...

10Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
In the distance, very faintly, is a dust cloud heading toward him.

11Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 7:55 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Martin stops to see if he can tell what the dust cloud is more clearly or what is causing it...

12Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:00 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
There appears to be several vehicles tied together, and they are approaching Martin very fast.

13Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Relieved, Martin waves to them, "Hey, I need help"

14Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:07 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
The vehicles draw closer, and they stop next to Martin. They are several buses with metal plates welding them together. On top there are small shacks and little houses. It is a village on wheels. A man steps out of the drivers seat of one of the buses and walks up to Martin.
"Who the hell are you?" he spits.

15Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Surprised by the strange array of buses that he sees before him, Martin says to the driver, "I'm Martin and I'm lost, can you help me?"

16Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:38 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
"How can you be lost in this place, man? Don't you know where you are?" he speaks like a hillbilly.

17Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"No I don't, where am I?"

18Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
He shakes his head in disbelief.
"I can't believe this. Listen, if yer hitch-hiking, then get up top."
A rope ladder drops down from the edge of the platform the village is resting on.

19Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"meh, ok then", Martin climbs the rope ladder...

20Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Waiting for him at the top is a smiling young woman with blonde hair. She helps him up onto the platform and pulls the ladder up. Several young men stand a few metres away. They hold an assortment of weaponry, ranging from hunting rifles to AK-47's. One of them steps forward.
"Listen here and you listen good. My boys and I ain't got a problem with you if you really are a hitch-hiker, but if I find out you is a Westman then I will shoot you and leave you for the vultures. You hear me?"

21Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Martin looks at the guns a bit surprised, "Don't worry, I mean no harm, I'm just a hitchhiker. Where are we going?"

22Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 11:26 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
The men lower and sling their weapons over their backs, then move off into the village. The man who talked stays there.
"I'm glad to hear it, son." He puts his arm around Martin and leads him into the village, pointing out different houses.
"Those ones over there are where some people sleep. Mainly the womenfolk, somehow they don't see the fun in sleeping on the roof like the rest of us. He leads Martin to a large building that appears to be the biggest building up there.
"This here is the town hall. That's the main building. Up top is the Spotters. They make sure we don't get surprised. Inside is the mayor and a big table where we all eat."
He leads Martin to a small hovel on one edge of the large platform the village sits on.
"This is where the Seer is. Our town has managed to survive thanks to her."
After that, he takes Martin through several buildings until they reach a circular raised platform.
"This here is where you will be stayin'. I hope you didn't expect any soft fuzzy beds like the women get." He spits in disgust.
"Up here you get the nice solid feel of the village floor underneath ya. Nothin' better."

23Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 11:44 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Taking it all in, Martin says to the guy, "Ok, so where are we going? You haven't told me yet"

24Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 11:56 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
He shrugs.
"Nowhere really that interesting left. Mind you, that tour took a lot longer than you might think."
He points to the horizon where Martin can see the sun setting.
"Might as well curl up now, while the heat is good. Only gonna get colder, but nothin' keeps ya on your toes than cold night on the roof." He winks and hops down from the circular raised platform onto a different roof, then moves out of sight.

25Martin - "The Dirtfight" Empty Re: Martin - "The Dirtfight" Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Not in the mood to sleep, Martin decides to go to the small hovel that the guy said was where the Seer is, to see if he can get some answers as to where he is or what is going on...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum