Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Yeah, the book is definitely superior (I've only read the first) as books generally are. But it doesn't retract from the fact that seeing the spaceship go to Improbability Drive is really awesome.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

27Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Maybe a HGTTG topic? This was meant to be a full on deep-ass topic.

28Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:10 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
But a deep and full on topic about what? you directly quoted HGTTG Razz

Could you put us on a more steadfast track of what to talk about please?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

29Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:11 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
What are your views on how the universe was created, how the things in it function, how it is possible for them to function, things like that lol

30Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:41 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Ahh ok Smile,

Well for one, i believe that the universe is constantly expanding. (if it started with a bang, things must have spread out right?)

But it must have been a huge fluke to have our planet out of billions, (as far as we know) be the only one that has has life... There just has to be something out there.

31Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Coindidences DO happen... although the odds for this one are pretty high.

32Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:55 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
You say god created the big bang... Who/what created god?
Is there another planet out there holding civilization similar to ours?? is the big bang fake?
Could we have a Matthew Reilly predicted epic on our hands?
And i have never seen the HHGTTG.

33Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
If someone told you that there was a toaster in space between the earth and the moon. Would you believe them?
If someone told you that there was a toaster in space between the earth and the moon, that no one could see or find. Would you believe them?
If someone told you that there was a toaster in space between the earth and the moon, that no one could see or find and has been there since before time. Would you believe them?

Then do you believe in God?

34Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Thats a good one. You come up with it/paraphrase it?

35Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Sorry, i should have said: "I heard this from a friend at TAFE the other day". It really is food for thought, don't you think?

36Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:37 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Indeed. My mind is metaphorically watering at the mouth.

37Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:26 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Thats a good one, go tell that to the pope lol...
but do you really have a reason not to believe them?

38Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Despite the fact that logic and religion are two seperate things?

39Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I wouldn't say that logic and religion are totally separate, they are both interconnected. Our logic affects whether we believe in religion and allows us to form our opinions of religion.

What mijy said about the toaster in space is very true to a point, thats why I believe in the possibility of a God or "higher power", whether it created the big bang or not.

I believe that there would be intelligent life somewhere else out there in the universe, because the way I see it, the size of the universe is said to be infinite, so there must be an infinite number of possibilities of what is out there in the universe, therefore, there must be intelligent life somewhere else out there in the universe. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but meh, it makes sense to me lol.

40Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
No you were talking sense, it was well spoken. I see what you mean about logic and religion being interconnected, but how often would you use logic to explain and support the idea of god?

41Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
That is true, you can't really use logic to explain or support the existence of a God. The idea of a God, is mainly just that, an idea or belief. The existence of a God can't be proven or disproven and that is why every religion is equally valid.

42Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Seriously, all I have to say, IS Richard Dawkins. I look up to him, seriously, he is so good at proving evolution and the like. He is completely science minded, and if nothing else, look him up, his videos, his books, his documentaries. I absolutely recommend him to everyone.

43Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:18 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I definitely believe in evolution over the "adam and eve story", but that doesn't mean that a God doesn't exist, everything had to start from somewhere...

44Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Richard Dawkins. Simple.

45Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yes yes, we get it, you have wet dreams about Richard Dawkins.

46Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:28 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
If adam is eve is true, we would all be related to each other Shocked
Tbh idk what to believe, ATHEIST FTW!@

47Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yeah atheism is great, it's really quite fun not having your thoughts and actions confined by a book.

48Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:29 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Yeah, or some man watching you...
o.o

49Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:05 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Hahaha God the pervert.

50Life, the Universe, and Everything - Page 2 Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Why do you think the pagans had so many gods? They had a god of the sun, god of the rain etc. It is because they couldn't explain how these things were happening. They thought there was a higher being making the sun come out everyday or the rain falling. It is because people are naturally curious and need a reason for everything to be. It gives them piece of mind for things that are out of their control. Science explains a lot of it now, but for the rest which can't be explained, we say god made it be?

No one likes the idea of pure coincidence. Pure being. What is the meaning of life? Again, trying to find a reason for something that is out of our control.

We are here. It doesn't need an explanation. It just happened. There is no higher being in control of my life. I'm in control of my life.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum