Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Also, discuss.

2Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Your mother is my universe.

3Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol

4Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Come on now, this is in DnM.

5Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
True, your mother is the size of the universe?

6Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
DnM?

7Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Deep 'N' Meaningful

8Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Yuki

Yuki
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
What exactly are you trying to discuss/achieve with this post beyond spam and banter/postcount?

Last edited by Yuki on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Nothing Overly. It's the grand opening, everyones a little drunk and off-ball. It'll get there.

10Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
You know, the universe could have been created yesterday, and we came into it complete with memories, houses and holes in our socks. That would suck.

11Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol why don't you stop drinking pickles.

That is one view on things fade, but if that were to be true, it would make no difference if the things in our memory really happened or not. Its not going to change anything right now, except for the fact of if the past ever existed, which can't ever be proven.

12Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Yuki

Yuki
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
There's many theory's and principles to the universe. and that makes it very complicated as to who we are and why we are, or we just "are"

Frankly i find it hard to believe we were created by one being, or an all-mighty god. with everything that goes on with this universe or more reasonable for me to believe that the world is the way it is simply because human's decided that we would see it that way

The world and universe in my eye's is a product of imagination and belief's we've built up over time and energy within us and around us

13Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Well said Yuki, but I believe in the possibility of some form of god or "higher power". I mean the big bang is said to originate from one point.

14Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Thats a new one. God creating the big bang. (not sarcasm)

15Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:37 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
No one has ever said that to you before fade!!?? that god may have created the big bang

16Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Nope thats the first time I have heard that. Normally, theres the Big bang people, and the God created everything with adam and eve and all that.

17Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
It is just one step in religion having to be right. I'm not saying there ISN'T anything out there, but one way or another, i don't think we have it right. Science has proven so much to us, but religion has held people together. In a way, it is all interconnected.

So even saying that the answer to the meaning of life is 42, it is as valid as saying that god exists.

Not sure i have made myself clear, since my views are as clear as mud, but theres my 2cents

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

18Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
The answer is 42, but we still don't know what the question is. No doubt we'll ever know, because then the universe is meant to blow up.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

19Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:24 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
We all know what the question is randomchick - What is the meaning of life? as in... What is the reason for us being alive? Why are we alive if we are just going to die?

It's definitely a question that makes sense, but its just a stupid rhetorical one that little kiddies say to their parents/teachers when they talk about God/religion and all the crap that goes with that.

20Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I was just making a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Razz

21Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol, I've never seen or read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, I don't know if its a movie or book or both, but meh, this number 42 must just be a very corny joke, that I'm not finding funny at all, it just seems totally and utterly stupid, but I guess that is what is supposed to be funny, the stupidity of saying that a number is the meaning of life.

22Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
It was originally a radio drama, then it got turned into a series of novels and eventually movies and things. I have the newest movie on DVD if you ever want to watch it Martin.

23Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:48 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
is it a good movie?

24Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Its...odd. But the book is odd too. Odd in a good, crazy kind of way. I enjoyed it, but I like weird.

25Life, the Universe, and Everything Empty Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
The books are Better, though you cant read them when sleepy or even slightly distracted - you loose what he is talking about, even at the best of times. But it is funny, and a good read (there are i think 4 books in the 3 book series)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum