Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Empty News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:03 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Hello everyone!

As you can see, the forum has had a little bit of a make over. I have taken on your suggestions as best as I could to make Spectrum the best it can be (for the time being).

You will notice that previously seen links will now be turned from yellow to grey, unlike the previous version of yellow to purple. This was never an issue before as my laptop displays colours a lot differently to newer screens. When it comes to colours and graphics now, I work on my second screen, which is newer, so I can see the colours you see.

The font of the forum has changed to Arial and I think it gives the forum a bit of sophistication, however, from the "You" thread, where I asked you to bold your responses, the bold of this font does not come up very defined. I think the best way to work around this is the use of colour. Do not be afraid to use colour in your responses.

However, keep in mind that some colours are given for use by admins and moderators when they edit threads.

Emilia - Yellow
Mijy - Orange
All Moderators - Green

If you would like to write your entire reply to threads in a colour, please avoid the use of these colours. You may use them for highlights however.

The Members' Lounge has done a little bit of a mix around. The ShoutBox is now in the left hand column. I have also extended the Latest Posts from 10 to 20 threads.
When I want to write a quick update for something on the forum, it will now be written on Twitter. The Twitter box is located under the ShoutBox.
Please check out the Members' Lounge occasionally to see these updates.

On my to do list is write the official rules of the forum. I am planning to do this on my study break, so they should be up by the 29th April 2011.

The forum still needs a few little tweaks here and there, including the changing of some of the buttons, etc, so I will try to do them during my study week also.

Any comments about this update can be written here or you may make a new thread in the Suggestion Box.

Thank you

Emilia

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Empty Re: News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
Regardless of what anyone says.. I think you do a terrific job, so don't stress yourself out too much if you can't always meet the deadlines of the forum

+ Thumbs Up to Emilia - Kevlar

3News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Empty Re: News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Thank you very much. I am giving myself deadlines because I put things off a lot Razz

And it wasn't just me, James and I worked on this together. Smile

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Empty Re: News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:16 pm

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
+ Thumbs up to Mijy - Kevlar

Seriously, I don't think i could've done this much for a forum, I mean I can be patient with my art and drawings etc. but trying to get things to run on the net ;D haha.. Nooo Thank You!

5News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Empty Re: News: Forum Update: 18th April 2011 Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:35 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah congrats on making an awesome forum Emilia, people don't say it enough

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum