Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Avatar Empty Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Doesn't this just look awesome? Discuss.

2Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Is that the blue things?If so, it does look resonanley good... Not awsome though....

3Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:23 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
It IS the blue things and it IS awesome! Have you seen the reviews? And the GUY WHO STARS IN IT COMES FROM ROCKINGHAM!!

4Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:09 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Orly?
hmm, idk, ive seen the ad.. its looks like starwars a bitt

5Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:14 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Its nothing like star wars, the humans are attacking this planet, and the home race are defending it. No droids involved! XD

6Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:16 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I saw the trailer recently and I think it looks awesome. It reminded me of Fern Gully, like a modern retelling of it. Of course it's probably going to be very different, but Fern Gully was a good kids movie anyways lol.

I'm definitely going to watch Avatar when it comes out in theatres.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

7Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:18 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yeah I can't wait eh Very Happy

8Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:29 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
I didnt know about the rockingham part, but i really like this anime/cartoon as well. I have seen up to book 3/4 but my book 4 videos were corrupt and missing episodes.

The show has a really good plot and, although childish, is a good watch.

I would recommend everyone to watch it.

The Movie however. i cant really say, it has the same text for the title, but the small part of the preview i got to watch looked nothing like the series... I will go see it anyways to check it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

9Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:58 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post

10Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:05 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I think he means the last airbender one...

and i rememebr fern gully!! Very Happy

11Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:08 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Yeah Avatar the Last Airbender has nothing to do with the film lol. They just happen to have the same name.

12Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:11 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Oh rofl, i didnt notice that this was in the movie section, but yes there is an anime called avatar.

Ang, the last air bender has to fight the fire nation and become the... (damnit ive forgotten the name of what he becomes (pretty much the guy who balances everything))

but i dont think the movie is anything like the anime, sadly...

Are you able to give me a slight over view of what this one is about?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

13Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:12 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yeah I got really excited when I saw the name on the screen in an add lol.

14Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:15 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Humans from the future are invading this planet in order to get the resources, which they need to mine for. But they get resistance from the natives (who live in the forest and live off the land). So the humans come up with 'avatars', which look like the soldiers but also the same as the natives. They do this to try and come up with a diplomatic solution instead of it resorting to war between the two species.

That's the gist I got from the trailer.

15Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:35 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
You must be seeing more than I am lol

16Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
But, of course, it resorts to war.

Firstly, there is an Avatar movie coming out, based on the anime series. But it's different as you have already established.

Secondly, it seems a bit like star wars because it's made by the same people - giving it a star wars feel.

Thirdly, the technology that this movie uses is absolutely INSANE!!
The film was waiting to be made while the director waited for the technology to catch up with the idea - they couldn't make the film because computers weren't good enough. BUT NOW!!
The conventional way of making an animated film is to make a scene, from one camera angle, and then let it play out while recording. This film however, does it differently. It's like a game. They create a scene, the director chooses what's going to happen, they but it all in place, and 'press play'. They can then go anywhere in the scene with the camera, like you would with a game, or just a normal 'real life' movie. So really, this is all 'in game' footage you could say.

And of course, the movie will = awesome.

17Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Holy crap that sounds awesome. I wouldn't mind spectating in a scene Razz

18Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I watched the extended theatrical trailer - it was on in the ads before New Moon. The TV spot was probably a lot more short.

19Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Wash your mouth out! Never say the forbidden words again!

20Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
New Moon? I like Twilight, not as good as other fantasy series, but good nonetheless *cringes against potential backlash*

21Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
No no, I'm just going to take a long ride at the edge of a cliff until a solution presents itself to cure my annoyance with that godforsaken movie.

22Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
You don't hate the movie, you hate the twi-hard fangirls, and to be honest, I don't blame you.

23Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
No. I'm pretty sure Fade agrees with me on this one, but the movies are bad as well. It's simple, they are nothing but. THEY ARE HORRIBLE! All it does is create a lame fantasy for teenage girls to imagine being fought over by a vampire and a freaking werewolf. There is nothing good about it.

24Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:02 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
There's 2 trailers for Avatar, a short one and a long one. The short trailer doesn't really tell you anything about the actual story of the movie, it just looks really awesome and spectacular, whereas the long trailer actually tells you what the story is going to be about.

Random's basically said what Avatar is going to be about, but I wouldn't say that the humans created the avatars to reach a "diplomatic solution" with the native race of the planet called the Navi. The humans created the avatars so that soldiers could look like Navi and infiltrate their society without being caught, thus finding a weakness which the human army can exploit to win the war and take control of the planet, so that they can mine the very valuable resources. Its not for a "diplomatic solution", the humans would've already tried that.

25Avatar Empty Re: Avatar Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
The first one, my friend and I went to, and in the middle of the fil I went to the toilets, not cos I needed to, but so I wouldn't have to watch it for a little bit. I contemplated just ditching the cinema altogether, but figured I can't trash it If I have never seen it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next