Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Greatest Games Empty The Greatest Games Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Make a list of games that have been the greatest gaming experience for you.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
This game was and still is a fantastic adventure game. The story and gameplay, including the dungeons, puzzles, enemies and items were simply amazing. It stands as one of my favorite games of all time.

2. Gears of War 2 (X-Box 360)
When I unwrapped that for chrissy, it was incredible, I just flew to the 360 and began playing straight away. The story took you to many different locations and heaps of varied scenarios. It was action packed, and a great game.

3. Halo (X-Box)
My American cousin was over for Christmas, and I was very young. So young, in fact, that I had to stop playing when we saw the Flood cutscene I had to leave to room I was so scared. You will know what cutscene I mean if you have played it.

4. Halo 2 (X-Box)
For a week after christmas there was a photo on our fridge of my ear to ear grin as I held this game. After being taunted by Pickles as he got the game first, it was awesome finally getting it.

5. The Orange Box (X-Box 360)
Now THATS worth the 100 bucks you have to fork out for 360 games! 5 games in one...it was the second time I had played the Half Life 2 game, and playing through it and its subsequent episodes was the subject of many days of obsession. Portal was also great fun, a whole new way to play a game.

Maybe add more later.
Have a go and write your own.

2The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
I have to agree, this was my favorite game on 64, but i always struggled.

2. Super Smash Brothers (Nintendo 64)
The best multi-player game created. Nothing can stand up to the sheer awesomeness of the game since it required no training of combos and complicated positioning.

3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Ps3)
This game is quite recent, and the online fps is so fun. They have added in some stratergy by adding riot shields, but people are normally able to hold their own if good enough. It also has a really good single player story imo.

I know i shouldnt post this one, but:
4. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne: Defence of the Ancients (DotA) (PC)
It is a minigame apart of the multiplayer battlenet games on wc3. Its a rpg, but doesnt continue once you finish a game. You win and thats it. Its fun with friends and can consume alot of time without the user knowing it.

*lol, im not including this... its just wrong*

5. TBA - ive got to get back to work Razz (ill edit it when i get home)

*EDIT*

4. Counter Strike: Source (PC)
Just a pure and pwnage fps. The variety of maps you can play on keep the game ever interesting. I mainly like Gun Game (gg) and have no strategy but CHARGE!!! - still fun all the same

5. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (PC)
To be honest, the graphics aren't greatest, and the overall game is quite repetitive... But when you get into the depth of the game, and understand how (without cheats) to dominate and get really good items, it can be addictive more than cocaine Smile, but in a good way....
Killing bosses and doing runs of certain areas in a team, making sure u support each other and beat the crap through demons and stuff.
+for a game of its age and graphics, its quite gory Very Happy

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

3The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:15 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Diablo, eh? Whats that like?

4The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:50 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
So ok, like i said the graphics ain't the best:
The Greatest Games 350px-Diabloscreen
(Diablo)

The Greatest Games 64b43fb3ac576a775449c178de5fd045
(Diablo 2: LoD)

And it can be slightly confusing to new players...

But in a quick over view: Diablo 2, is a third person RPG (that can turn into a MMORPG if you have the net), consisting of dungeons and open spaces where you click to attack or cast spells.

In the original Diablo, there were three classes: Warrior being able to use swords and axes proficiently, Rouge that was best with a bow and a Sorcerer using a staff (all classes could cast spells and stuff, but they had to be learnt via tombs you find)

Diablo 2 expanded on these classes, making them: the Barbarian, Amazon, Sorceress, Paladin and Necromancer. The expansion added the Druid and the Assassin.
The Greatest Games 350px-ClassesindiabloII

Each class has 3 skill trees. There are about 20 skill in each tree and u can level each one to level 20. However the max level is 99, you get 1 skill point each level and about 9 from missions, so you have to choose your skills carefully, ensuring they benefit each other.
You get 5 stat points each level as well as from missions. And they can each be put into Strength, Dexterity, Vitality and Energy (again - also needing to be assigned carefully).

Diablo 2, is a sequel to the first (who would have thought) and is about the demon: Diablo (Lord of Terror) (middle brother) and his brothers; Mephisto (Lord of Hate) (youngest brother) and Baal (Lord of Destruction) (Big bad bro).

You pretty much have to work your way through 4(expanded to 5) Acts of levels, each increasing in difficulty.

Once you defeat the end boss, you are able to go to a next level in hardness. This happens three times, but the last time you just get a title and can go to and difficulty. As it increases in difficulty, better items are dropped.

Thats all i can say for now, but yeah. Awesome game, pretty much the father of WoW.

5The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:53 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
So where do you get it? Steam, or game store?

6The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
You can buy it from EB games and GAME or game traders, but since its quite old you will only have a chance of finding it, and it normally comes in the Battle Chest (you get D, D2, D2:Lod and a strategy guide for D2).
EB tends to be quite expensive still, going up to around 70 if ur not careful, but you are able to find it for about 40-50.

Your best bet is to go to a JB Hi-Fi. When i have gone in there, they have always had a really good price and normally still have a copy or 2.

If you are going to get the game, i suggest getting the expansion as well, since the original is obsolete and the best part of the game is being online.

Spoiler-ish (Story of D2 from Wiki)
Spoiler:

7The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:00 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
How active is the online mode? Anyone still there?

8The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
There are hundreds of people still playing, if not thousands. HOWEVER, Diablo 3 should be coming out soon, and is very much anticipated.
If anything, you could download it (maybe) and just play offline until D3 comes out.

9The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:03 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Well how long would that be?

10The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Next year some time. Lol, its blizzard. they keep setting the date back further and further.

I can say, if u spend the 50$, its a 50$ well spent.

11The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:09 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
5. Need For Speed Underground 2[PS2].
I love the racing component of this game, how simple it is.
But Mainly the Customization component. Ive always loved it just the depth of it. The Variety of it and the choice.
Nuff Said...

4. Farcry. [PC]
I just love this game because of the complex missions and its reality of it. Its like you've just stepped into a movie, the plot is that complex.
This was my first ever 1st person shooter, its what got me hooked on them.
The game isnt one of those things that you can clock in one day either, you have to keep at it. I personally havnt finished it yet... [ coz i discovered css >.<]

3. Left 4 Dead [PC]
its my escape from Counter Strike. I love this game because of the guns, the masses of zombies that are so easy to kill, And the masses^2 in the end.
While being a massive shoot em up, its also a strategic game which i enjoy. Positioning yourself to take on the last horde of the little Buggers >.<
Really the Guns, Realism and the depth of Graphics is what draws it to me.

2. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.[PC]
Pure Awsomeness. The incredible graphics and realism of the shooting, you actually have to aim and shoot, Otherwise the bullets aren't going to go no where.
Once again, I love First person Shooters and this is one of the best.
Also the Customisation factor is a big appeal.

1. Counter Strike: Source.
The best First person Shooter. So much variety in the maps and skill level.
I love the fact that you can play with friends and make so many.
Once again Realism and graphics are a big factor.
But Mainly the variety and friendship you gain in this game.
Heck, thats how i found this forum because of a friend made from Counter Strike:Source.

- i jsut copy n pasted from mo XD -

12The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:59 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
In no particular order...

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

Half-Life 1 & 2 (plus the half-life 2 episodes)

All the Call of Duty games, mainly Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare for me, haven't gotten modern warfare 2 yet.

Starcraft (I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 a lot, coming out sometime next year)

Final Fantasy VII

Super Mario 64

13The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
am i the only one that has never experienced N64????
Im thinking i should of lol...

14The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yes you should have. It coined the term 'win'.

15The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
3.Garry's Mod
Simple, if you can think of something, you can do it. Want an AK-47 that shoots babies? Done. Want a giant robot that can fly through the air and crush small children? Done. Want a nuke (and I made this one) that, at the press of a button, tele-ports to the person of your choice and detonates in a gigantically epic explosion? Done. You can, and will; make, and do anything, and everything.

2.Dragon Age: Origins
A new game to very recently to come out, but simply brilliant. I personally didn't like RPG's at all, but when i played this, I simply couldn't stop. I even get cravings while at school to run home and continue on my journey. The interface is simple, yet in depth. There is so much love poured into this game. One great thing i love about it is that there is no right and wrong, no moral choice system, yet you can do whatever you like. Every conversation can be handled a hundred different ways. Each having a different effect on what happens to your character, whether you try to get people to join you, or kill them for being a minor inconvenience. It's your journey.

1. Halo 2
No other game have I spent so much time on. I spent hours upon hours playing campaign, and absolutely pwning everybody in my street, and those who weren't (Fade). I have had so many good memories from that game. Spending the whole day playing 4 player split screen, and winning every game. I even won so much people started to punch me every time I killed them, they got so annoyed. I simply laughed and continued the carnage.

Those are my top 3, there are many more worth mentioning, but too many to talk about.

16The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Should have punched harder.

17The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I really wanna play Dragon Age Origins, I'm planning to get that game. It looks really good.

18The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Its really starting to sound like wow lol...
But it soudns like something i would enjoy...

19The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
The interface looks a bit like wow, and I guess it is slightly similar. But that's only because it is fantasy, most fantasy things are similar in some way, that's why they are all in the same genre.

And martin, Definitely worth it. Hundreds of hours of game play available, its really, really good.

20The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:41 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah I know, I've read reviews of the game and from what I've read, very good things have been said about the game.

21The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:50 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Is it one pay only?
no subcriptions?

22The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
dragon age origins is not an online rpg miniman, its a normal rpg game, but from what I've read about it, a very good one. It looks very similar to the Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights games if you have played any of those.

23The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:23 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
oh ok.. Thats what i thought it was when pickles mentioned it to me at school, first thing i said was... Is it a version of runescape?
sounds like it is...

24The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:37 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol no its nothing like runescape.

25The Greatest Games Empty Re: The Greatest Games Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Praise allah for that. I was responsible for introducing my primary school to rs. Now when I think back I'm like "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum