Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Speed Cameras Empty Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:11 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Whats your opinion on speed cameras?

I believe that they are more of a nuisance than a good thing for our community, because the government has just put them in as a stingy way to collect money. The speeders and maniac drivers out there don't care about the speed cameras, they just ignore them and continue to speed, causing accidents whereas the rest of us good drivers have to watch out for them and we don't even have any warning about them. I think that all speed cameras need to be taken off the roads or at least give out an adequate warning to drivers that they are on the road. What the government needs to do is place stricter rules on hoon drivers...

discuss

2Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Im yes and no on this topic..
yes, its jsut another money collection thingo..
No, They dont need to give warning, because thast the point, catch you by surpries.
And if the people are going fast enough, action can get taken further... i.e court, prosecutions..

3Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
But if they don't put a warning, people are going to speed through and that is the point! People who speed deserved to be fined, because they make the roads dangerous. If you are a person who sticks to the speed limit, you have nothing to worry about!

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:27 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
*nods to emilia.*
Thats what i was trying to say...
jsut couldnt type it :S

5Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:33 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I still think that speed cameras are useless as they are now because even though people are taken to court, the law does not punish them enough, all they do is give out fines, which is all about the money. They are not taking away their cars stopping them from causing accidents and killing people. If the government wanted people to slow down, giving fair warning would do so, because people would be scared into slowing down, noone will speed if they know that there is a speed camera down the road that will cause them to pay a great fine, only an idiot would do that. This shows why it is all about the money.

6Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
What would be a good idea, is put up signs warning of having a speed camera up ahead, but don't actually put one there, and don't tell anyone the camera is missing.

And I do have to point out that I remember seeing warning signs in NSW when I lived on the Vic/NSW border. So it might just be a WA thing where the police refuse to warn people.

Overall though, I'm with Emilia. Though of course, I can't drive properly yet, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

7Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
You should think about it like this: on every corner, there is a speed camera.

Yes, people slow down when there is a warning, but as soon as they pass the camera, they speed up again!

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

8Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:42 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I think they work on the principal of it scares you enough to not do it again..
But yeah repeated offenders do get something done to them eventually..

9Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Pearly

Pearly
In NSW we have warnings for the fixed cameras, but none for the cop cars that hide behind bushes with their little radar guns.

http://selectstartmedia.net

10Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:31 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
We ahev some fixed cameras around, like disguised as light poles etc..
But you should have a warning, you should be doing the right thing, you shouldnt be speeding in teh first place Very Happy

Who ahs actually been caught for speeding?my mummy has, its funny to watch her GO 1!@#!#@%@%$#^@%^%^@^
when she sees it and slamms the brakes on lol.. or gets caught, den she like OMFGBBQ@!$#@^%#&5&@%&@

11Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:15 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yeah that sounds fun...
Anyway, I can't drive yet and don't see enough signs when I'm driven places to really know how annoying it is.

12Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 am

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
they should hide the speed cameras really well like over-east, then yu dont get speeding idiots STANDING on the brakes as they see on, that causes more accidents (rear enders) than what it saves (been there, done that)

13Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Annoying? A nuisance?

Don't speed, Don't get caught? If you're stupid enough to speed, you deserve to get caught.

14Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Amen, Sistah!

15Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:32 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
yeah, they are onyl a pain to the dumb people of society who think their actions will have no consequences...

16Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
dont forget that stress can cause people to forget their sense, like if a man has to get to a meeting that will decide whether he can support his family, he might be a little anxious and speed up without realising.

17Speed Cameras Empty Re: Speed Cameras Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
No excuse.
I would understand if your sitting in the back seat with a severed femeral artery, and your speeding.
But here is no real excuse for speeding, cops n ambos can cause they have training.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum