Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bioshock Infinite Empty Bioshock Infinite Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:07 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
2K Games are making a 3rd Bioshock game due to be released in 2012. This game will be set in a city up in the sky. A 10 minute gameplay video of the game has been recently released and it looks like that its going to be awesome...

2Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
Wow, that looks soo amazing, why is it going to take until 2012 to release?! it seems pretty polished.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

3Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah it looks like that its going to be epic.

I'm not sure why its not going to be released until 2012, but it was only announced like 2 months ago that they are making this game. That's obviously only going to be a small part of the game and they probably want to make sure that the game will be fully ready and polished.

4Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:49 am

MaJoR

MaJoR
Double Century
Personally, I really dislikes these overly scripted games... Let me choose how to play. Sure give me a option for a way to go, but allow multiple ways.

The game looks good, and I'm sure is fun. However from a technical stand, its pretty un-fun. I have one thing to do, and one way to do it. You get that pop up with "Hey, when are you going to walk through this door so I can load the next dialog and cut scene?"

Now take a game like Crysis. Sure a pretty **** story. None the less, it simply gave you a mission and thats it. No way really to complete it. You could go and kill everyone, or cloak and ninja past everyone and move to next part. Two people never play the same way, allowing two completely different experiences.

http://davelm.com

5Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The Bioshock games are linear in the sense of where you need to go in each level, but the way that you fight the enemies in the game is quite open-ended. In case you didn't notice, in the Bioshock games you use powers along with your normal weapons such as electricity, fire, freeze, tornade traps and many more and all throughout the games you have to collect a drug called adam and then spend it on upgrades to your abilities and weapons. You can't get every possible upgrade in one play-through of the game, so what you choose to focus on is up to you, which affects your play-style.

There are many ways to get through many situations in the Bioshock games, such as going in guns blazing and shooting everyone, sneaking around and using the environment to set traps and pick off your enemies one by one or hack into computers to take control of robots and stuff etc. There are many different ways to handle a situation in the Bioshock games. The games also have a karma system because to collect adam you have to find the little sisters carrying the big syringes and either kill and harvest them or help them, what you do will affect what happens later on, so I wouldn't call the games scripted.

Bioshock doesn't give you a big area where you can go wherever the hell you want like in Crysis, but the game is still quite open-ended and Bioshock Infinite will most likely follow the same thing. I mean in Bioshock Infinite it showed one of the powers to be controlling the crows, but there will probably be many more. That video would only show a very small part of the game.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum