Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mijy - Backstory Empty Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The Briefing - set in between the times when the other two groups had left...

Mijy is called into the office of Mr Hanson, he opens the door to see a small office with a desk in the middle with two chairs on the opposite sides of it. The desk has a computer and papers on it. There is a bookshelf on the side wall and one window looking out the opposite wall. Mr Hanson is standing with his back turned to Mijy, looking out of the window smoking a cigar.

"Sit down"

2Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Mijy walks over to the chair, takes one glance at what is on the desk, and sits down.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

3Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Spread out over the desk are multiple case files of missions that the Spectrum organisation are currently undertaking. Mr Hanson turns around and sits down on the opposite chair, he looks tired as if he has been working too hard.
"Its good to see that you came on time... Are you fine if I smoke"

4Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:53 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"Some day, sooner or later I'm going to die. Why not make it that little bit sooner...."

"So what have you got me here for?"

5Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"Hahaha, straight to the point mijy, that's what I like about you, very well. I need you to do a mission for me, are you aware of what happened in the Whitedove incident in Antarctica?"

6Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"Not a clue. Do I really need to know all the details? Who is the enemy, how do I get to him and how long is this going to take?"

7Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"Hmm, no you don't really need to know all of the details, but it is recommended that you do." Hanson reaches for one of the case files on his desk and hands it to Mijy, "Here, that is everything that you need to know about what happened in Antarctica. Read up on it if you can, but it doesn't really matter."

"Anyway, 48 hours ago a team of 4 mercernaries was sent into Africa to investigate another Whitedove base and they have not returned. We have tried to contact them to see what is happening, but we have received no reply. I'm going to send in another team after them soon, but there is something else that I need you to do. It appears that some information got leaked and an African militia force has taken it to be their interest to take over this base for whatever reason. These militia are nothing more than ruthless criminals, fighting for a meaningless cause. We can't allow them to enter that base."

"I want you to lead a team of 20 men to that area and kill these militia, don't let one of them survive. We can't risk any more knowledge of that bases presence to be leaked out. After they are dead, I want you secure the area surrounding the base by making a perimeter with your men, but do not enter the base. I will be sending in a second team of 3 men to go after the first missing team. If you receive no contact from either team after 24 hours of them entering the base. I want you to send your men in there and do a full sweep of the installation. Kill anyone who opposes you and blow up the base with explosives. You'll have 24 hours to do that."

"After that, whether you are still in the base or not we will be bombing the area from the sky. Either way, we can't leave any trace of that installation. We are under a strict time limit because our presence in Africa hasn't gone unnoticed. The African government have threatened to send their armies in to deal with that themselves. We can't allow that to happen. So, do you have any questions?"

8Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"None whatsoever. Can I go now?"

9Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"One other thing, if after 24 hrs you get no contact of the teams that have entered the base, I want you to make sure that a full sweep is conducted. Collect as much data in the base that you can, case files, hard drives, whatever and get out of there. Because once we send in the planes to bomb the place you will want to be well far away. Now, get out of here."

Mijy is sitting in the cargo hold of the plane as it flies through the air towards Africa. He is sitting with all of the Spectrum soldiers that have been chosen to be a part of his team. The team comprises of 16 men and 4 women, they all appear to be decently strong and have each fought in previous battles. They all wield a standard assault rifle and are fully equipped with standard equipment, everybody also has a parachute for dropping when they pass over Africa and has a radio for communication.

One of the soldiers speaks up to Mijy, "Sir, all we know is that we are heading to Africa... Can you brief us on the details of the mission?"

10Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"You know about as much as i do. We need to search for the previous team and any valuable info. destroy anyone opposing us. Once finished we need to level it and remove any trace of us being here."

Mijy checks his equipment without thinking.

11Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:08 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
"Ok then sir, in what locations around the base would you like us to drop? Would you like us to split up or all drop to the same location?"

Mijy knows from intel that the Whitedove base is actually situated underground, there is a platform that goes underground as an elevator. The platform is in the middle of a large clearing surrounded by jungle. It is known from satellite imagery that the African militia have taken over this area and have adequately fortified themselves, there is a decent sized force and they have vehicles. They have not yet worked out how to get into the Whitedove base, so they are all currently above the ground.

The team can be airdropped anywhere around this clearing in a 10km radius.

12Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"We dont want them to know we are here. So I will have us all dropped 5km away and have us spread out in a semi circle around the south of the base."

"I want 4 of you (points at at the men at the back of the plane) to swap your M16 with a Barretta .50 cal and stay at least 2km's away and watch for any movements. You will be our eyes."

He turns and looks at everyone else

"For the rest of us. As soon as we reach the target I want a simultaneous strike and entry. From there all hell could break loose so everyone will go in groups of 4."

"Good luck guys, lets make this this a walk in the park."

"Does everyone understand what is about to happen?"

13Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:35 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The team all nod at Mijy's orders and lock and load their weapons to get ready for the air drop. 4 of them swapping their M16 assault rifles with Barretta .50 cal sniper rifles.

"Mijy, we are flying over the location now, you can drop when you're ready," the pilot says to Mijy over the radio before the cargo hold opens, Mijy can now feel the cold air billowing through the cargo hold.

14Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Mijy stands up silently, looking around as he does.

He runs for the open space, leading the way. One foot pushing down on the hard deck, he launches himself into the freezing free fall.

15Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:13 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Mijy flies through the air, followed by the rest of his team who all start dropping out of the cargo hold one by one. The free-fall is extremely fast as the team drops towards the ground. The wind tosses them about as the ground draws closer. Once he reaches the designated altitude, Mijy opens the parachute and guides it down into position, 5km away from the base followed by the rest of the team, who all go to land in their designated locations.

Mijy lands on the ground safely, getting his parachute caught in the treetops of the jungle above, followed by 3 more of his men who come to join him. After all 4 of them have released their parachutes, Mijy can hear the call on his radio that everybody is in position, having formed a wide semi-circle around the clearing, ready to move in on Mijy's mark.

The trees of the jungle are thick and the animal sounds of the jungle can be heard in all directions. It is currently 5am local time, the sun is out bright today and there isn't a cloud in the sky. It is already starting to get very hot and humid.

16Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:42 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"Move in", Mijy whispers over the radio and starts moving towards the base.

17Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:56 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Mijy starts moving forward through the jungle towards the location of the base, followed by the other 3 men with him. The rest of the team all start moving towards the base as well, staying in the formation of a semi-circle around the base.

As Mijy moves through the jungle, the trees and bushes rustle noisily from animals. Suddenly a shape drops from the trees about 5 meters in front of Mijy and moves faster than lightning, straight past him directly towards one of the other men next to him. A moment later he falls, his throat slit with blood gushing out of him. The shape has vanished as fast as it appeared. The 2 other guys near Mijy start freaking out, waving their guns around looking for any sign of movement.

18Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:03 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"What the **** was that?", Mijy whispers.

He presses his radio, "We have an unidentified bogey, is able to move very fast on foot and is dangerous. Repeat, is dangerous. We have a man down, everybody watch your 6."

"Everyone get over here. I want you", he points at one of the men, "to see if you can do anything for our man down."

Mijy points to the other man and signals for him to stand back to back with him to cover the man checking the wounded soldier

19Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The guy kneels down by the man who was just attacked and inspects him, his throat is cleanly slit and he is losing too much blood. "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do," the guy inspecting him says as he dies from the loss of blood.

Mijy and the other man on guard don't see any other signs of movement within their current vicinity, the guy who just inspected the dying man, stands up again wielding his M5. "This isn't right," he says with a worried expression on his face.

20Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
With a hard look on his face he turns to face the man, "You are right, there were no reports of anything like this. Shall we pack up and go home?"

21Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:25 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Mijy knows that there will be no backup and he won't be picked up until the mission has been successfully completed and the base is destroyed. One of the laws of the Spectrum Mercenary Force is that failure is not an option, if a merc backs out of a current mission, he will be dismissed from the Spectrum force with his mind wiped, so that he has no recollection of ever being a part of Spectrum.

One of the men looks ahead with a strange expression on his face, he runs ahead through the trees, "Oh my God, you have to have a look at this sir," The soldier calls out...

22Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
"Coming", Mijy says and breaks into a jog to go see what it is. As he does he keys into his radio and says, "Everyone i want a status update."

23Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:39 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Mijy and the other man next to him catch up to the guy who just ran ahead. As he passes through the trees he sees a gory sight before him, about 10 bodies, ripped apart, blood and gore spread all over the area. A lot of the dead bodies are unrecognisable, but Mijy is able to tell by one of the body's partially intact faces that they are not of the Spectrum team sent before him, they're foreigners in green camouflage.

The other soldier that had arrived after Mijy vomits on to the ground and the other guy looks freaked out.

Mijy starts to get the status update from the rest of the team, hearing that everybody is fine and they haven't run into anything bad yet, but then...
"Oh ****, there he is, Arrrrrggggghhhh," one of the other groups of four men are not replying on the radio after that, but all of the other groups are fine.

Then, as if appearing out of nowhere, Mijy can see a figure standing through the trees a few metres ahead. He is in dark clothing and wears a hood which conceals most of his face, but Mijy can make out an evil expression of glee and hunger across his face. He is covered in blood and holding 2 swords, one in each hand. He doesn't move, but just stands there for a moment.

"Leave now," he says in a dark tone.

24Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Mijy indicates to his men to leave. He remains standing where he is.

25Mijy - Backstory Empty Re: Mijy - Backstory Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:39 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The two men with Mijy look at him with a surprised expression, but don't object to his order. They nod and fall back through the jungle to join with another group.

The cloaked figure slowly steps forward over the dead bodies towards Mijy with a sneer on his face, he is now only about a meter away from him. "You must be incredibly brave to face me alone... or incredible stupid."

He still stands in front of Mijy not moving, not raising his swords.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum