Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

This Federal Election, I am voting for

The Next Election I_vote_lcap9%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap36%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap27%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap0%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap0%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap9%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
The Next Election I_vote_lcap18%The Next Election I_vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Next Election Empty The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Deep and Meaningful, or Shallow & Pointless? Depends who you talk to about politics.

Answer the poll and contribution to the discussion if you wish.

I think Labor and Liberal has some really crappy policies. I also hate that they don't think gay marriage is necessary.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
I'am not gonna vote Liberal after what i heard they are gonna do with the National Broadband Scheme.

The current government are spending $43 billion to get a minimum speed of 100 megabits, but the coalition wants to scrap that and run their own, which they will be only spending $6 billion on to get a minimum speed of 12 megabits! Just proves Tony Abbot is living in the Dark Ages.

I think gay marriage would be excellent, imagine the boost to the economy and to businesses from more couples buying wedding stuff!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

3The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:33 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah. Australia is sooooo behind.

God damn Tony

4The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 am

Kingfrozen

Kingfrozen
Rainbow Lover
I'm not old enough to vote yet, but from what I can gather,

The liberals don't want you to vote for labor because they'll do bad stuff and labor don't want you to vote for liberals because they'll do bad stuff.

Honestly, I'd vote greenies.

5The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I'm voting Greens first because their policies are the most in line with my beliefs. I'd vote for the Australian Sex Party, but unfortunately they don't have a candidate in my electorate.

I'm putting Family First and the Christian Democrat Party right at the end of my ballot form.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

6The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:30 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
If i had to choose, Labor.

Only coz Tony wants to scrap all the marine sanctuaries to improve the fishing economy.
fkn tard.

Plus because of the National Broadband NETWORK! not scheme... douche...

AAaaaannd Julia wants to do the trade schools thingy, which is good for me as i am doing a trade :3

7The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Hopdiddy

Hopdiddy
Double Century
so we choose between the match head or the one you could use for a satilite...

8The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah I'm voting for the Greens as well for various reasons, but between labor and liberal, I like Labor more.

9The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:45 am

disco

disco
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
labor, 4 the simple fact,work choices,which we marched and protested against the ir laws,which was abolished..after the howard goverment introduced it..

10The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
A MINIMUM of ONLY 12mb/s? What could you possibly be 'legally' downloading that would need for any faster? Sure, 100mb/s would be awesome, but it's far too unnecessary and would just plunge us into MORE LABOR DEBT.

They are both crap parties, but I personally think that liberals are the lesser of 2 evils. As much of a conservative religious old man Tony Abott is, he's better then Julia.

11The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 am

Kingfrozen

Kingfrozen
Rainbow Lover
So happy. Hung government at the moment. So much brown nosing is gonna happen now.

12The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:13 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Cpl. Pickles wrote:A MINIMUM of ONLY 12mb/s? What could you possibly be 'legally' downloading that would need for any faster? Sure, 100mb/s would be awesome, but it's far too unnecessary and would just plunge us into MORE LABOR DEBT. .

You know we have one of the slowest internet speeds in the world? I think we need to catch up!
This is not the reason I voted for Labor.
1. I have liked Labor since I have understood government, which has been a while.
2. Even though Julia stabbed Kevin in the back, it is better than a weasel running the country.
3. Even though both parties push it, the Liberal government pushes "Stopping the Boats" even more. I actually feel sorry for the people who try to smuggle into Australia. Go on and say to me that they are stealing everything we have, but just imagine that you were in their position.

13The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Greens got a seat! Woot!

14The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Emilia wrote: You know we have one of the slowest internet speeds in the world?

You do realise we are in comparison to people who have several gb/s. Please tell me 1 practical use to that sort of speed? Sure it would be great to load huge internet pages and download movies in a second, doesn't mean it's necessary.
100mb/s is pretty damn ridiculous.

I don't support liberals. But like I said, they are definitely the lesser of 2 evils. If it was possible, it would be great for the greens to lead the country.

Labor can be a bit iffy, but when Julia decided to say "No" to gay marriage to try and win back religious voters lost from her being an Atheist, she definitely lost my vote (If I even could vote). It's that sort of 'The minority ruling the majority' that annoys me about our society these days.

Also, Hung parliament to me isn't such a great thing. 3 independents, 3 people and only 3 people get to decide who leads our country. What happened to everyone getting a voice? While it is the voters who got us into this situation, it's now down to only 3 people to decide who runs this place and in my opinion that's a load of ****.

15The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Well, the internet is being held back. I am sure we could have more high quality stuff up if we were able to load it.

16The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The national broadband network is important pickles because it would allow our country's businesses to be able to compete more with overseas where their internet is a lot faster, thus bringing more money into our country. You may not need that internet speed, but some businesses do if they are going to need to be able to transfer loads of data overseas each day. The national broadband network would be better for our economy, plus it would allow people in country towns to be able to get decent internet, where their internet is currently **** atm. We have no problem, because we all live in a metropolitan area, but what about the country towns. Also, as a lot of our world is built around information technology and we rely on the internet so much, I think its very important that the government start making plans to upgrade our internet connection, because we are lagging behind compared to the rest of the world. Our need for the internet can only increase as we find more and more uses for this technology, not upgrading the internet now, will only create more strain for us in the future. This is why the national broadband network is quite important imo. Its not just about gaming and downloading movies, that is only a small part of the bigger picture.

17The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
i voted liberal, dw with all the new labor spending from the 10 billion dollar mining tax we will get better internet but a massive debt and an increased unemployment rate in W.A.. we cant say that he is living in the dark ages if hes trying to erase Australia's debt, but instead labor is just spending money because thats the only way to keep power. we also now owe america

Oh and dont worry about Greens getting a seat, because in about 1 year we will have another election because labor doesnt actually want to share power with the greens

18The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
People keep mentioning the debt that labor has put our country in, but forget to mention the massive debt that liberal left labor in when Kevin Rudd came to power. I don't see a debt as a problem anyway. Every party seems to use the debt argument every election. A government needs to borrow money to make money and a better economy. What matters, is that the government spends their money properly and directs their funds at the right things. I believe that the mining tax is a good thing, some people say that it will only make things more expensive, but that is only the super-rich having a tantrum. Taxing the mining companies means that the super-rich are getting taxed more and the government will have more money to spend on things.

19The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
Actually for your information, the mining tax will take 10% of the company from the mining company which will actually be transferred to 10% of the share holders shares. that 10% will be added to the already existing royalties that they pay in the first place making 17% of the profit taken directly to the government each year, they will also bring in a carbon tax, meaning a further unknown percentage. this decrease of 10% of their company will force them to downsize their employed personal. Now from this the labor will give you maybe another $900 stimulus package.... That really did not help the economy. What we need is infrastructure not expenditure, if they actually used their money correctly then i would have voted for them but they arent helping.

20The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:58 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
hmm you have a point there...

21The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
i... really didn't get that

i know you basically said labor didn't manage the country's wealth well enough therefore you voted for liberal, but i didn't get the explanation behind it ><

22The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I prefer not to have Workchoices.

23The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
One thing i had pointed out to me, is the mining tax that labor wanted to bring in....

It is completely counterproductive to WA....

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

24The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:18 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Who gives a **** mushroom about the refugee's?
The stupid cnts who were protesting for rights in the detention centres pisses me off severly, if living in there is so horrible, **** off back home then.
We needa stop helping these people and start focusing on our own homelessness problem.
So PRO Stopping the boats. Only good thing about Abbott.

25The Next Election Empty Re: The Next Election Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I don't like how people refuse to see it from their point of view.
That, or you better be bloody grateful for what you have in life or you can shut up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum