Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forum Talk Empty Forum Talk Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I'm still not happy about the way the forum looks. Once exams are finished, I am really going to try and make the forum look the best it can be.

Although I am going to keep the banner as lovely as it is (I think that is the only thing I am proud of making so far), I am wanting to make it slightly smaller and to the left hand side, so I could put things next to it. (You'll know what I mean when you start seeing the forum changing.)

The forum buttons are going to change again, but I am going to teach myself how to make roll over buttons (when you put your cursor on it, it will change colour)

Basically, it is going to be me learning html all over again, like I did when I started blogging.

Still not sure what to do about the background. Having a lack of inspiration there.
I want to do this all before the RF

So, while I am doing that, I will also have to start thinking about the banner I am going to bring to RF. And also maybe a flag. Also need ideas/if we want to do a team theme to win a prize (post ideas here)

To Martin: You know how you said that you wanted the background to go between the boxes? It's possible, I just have to do some html research.

I am looking through other Forumotion forums, and my god, they are ugly >.>

Alright, better go feed Missy then get back to studying. See ya!

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Sounds good, I really like the rainbow border, gives a really nice touch. Rollover buttons up the top sound cool too.

Hrm you want a background ey... something to fill in all the white I assume? Hrm... I has a thought, no idea how viable it is but it would be kinda cool if it was a single solid colour that changed colour through the spectrum. Like like the way the 3 phone company's symbol does at their shops if you've seen it, or the lights in the passage between the old train station and the underground. That could be impressive, dunno if it could actually be done though.

3Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
It all sounds good emilia, if you end up making the background go all of the way through, I remember I suggested a photo of some kind and I remember you said that it would repeat itself over the web page, which could be an issue. What some websites do is they keep the background frozen on the screen and it only scrolls through everything else, so the background doesn't move, only the stuff over it does, you could do something like that, it would give the whole website a cool floating effect, but yeah, that could require a bit of advanced html lol

4Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I'm not a big fan of the static background and floating context. Some sites have this and I fond that it's more annoying than anything else. It messes with the mind because I think you expect the whole page to scoll not just the content. It'd be better to just have one similar to what there is now: where the background moves with the text.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

5Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:48 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
Can we really be bothered with a team theme yet alone a flag... dont really think its that nessessary.

6Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:18 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
mmm that's fine emily, but i've always liked that

7Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
You fkt it ages ago. Go back to black. LEAVE SPEC ALONE!

8Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Don't tell me to change it back to black ever again. I have explained why. It is getting annoying.

Yeah, I don't exactly like static backgrounds either. We shall see.

and Matt, I am wanting to make a team flag and banner, because I want to, although if we win, I'll take your share of the prize Razz

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

9Forum Talk Empty Re: Forum Talk Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum