Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forum Rules Empty Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
I have noticed that the Spectrum forum does not have any rules listed anywhere at all, with the exception of the "Just a quick reminder" thread that Emilia created recently that cannot even be posted in, does this mean we aren't allowed to discuss the rules?

My signature apparently must have contained mature content, as it has been removed for me. With no thread outlining the rules of this forum I had no reason to believe that I had done anything against them, which would require the intervention that I believe has happened.

On this note, which of the following pictures, if any, would be considered PG content for me to put in my signature Emilia? And yes they are much closer to PG content than the last picture. This is not an attempt to make you look at something obviously not PG, and they are links, not pictures.
Spoiler:

2Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Everyone knows the forum is PG. Just because I have not put it down officially does not mean it does not exist. I have told people in some shape or form.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Pheonix is right though. There are no rules. Back when I was a mod I was never sure whether I had grounds to remove a post or issue a formal warning or not. What constitutes spam? How many warnings will a member get before being banned? How long of a ban does a member get for certain crimes? We don't know these things, it's totally on the admin's discretion (and also the mods to some degree) on how to punish or discourage wrong doing.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

4Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:10 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
You bother to tell every single new member of this forum that arrives as soon as they arrive to prevent them from doing anything that doesn't coincide with the unwritten rules? Technically your "reminder" thread now informs everyone that the forum is PG but there is still much more to inform members about, Spamming, Trolling for a start, perhaps there are other things this forum doesn't want that we don't know about?

Also, you didn't answer my question about the pictures did you not say to ask for approval? I am doing ask you as and you ignore me.

5Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
This forum doesn't really need any formal rules, this isn't a law of court, this is just a small friendly forum where you can talk about stuff.

I think common sense is enough for people to know what they shouldn't be doing here.

If that isn't enough for you, you can always just take this as a dictatorship where what Emilia says goes.

6Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I know there are no rules.

Writing rules for this forum is a chore. Everyone knew that I was putting off writing rules.
Seeing as we were all friendly on here, I thought we could make do without them.

Seems I need to write them.

Some things are obvious about what should be done or not.
That includes that this forum is PG and has ALWAYS been PG.

You should not be so shocked that your signature was removed.

PS: I do not want a dictatorship, but many things that have been posted on the forum, I have removed them straight out, just because they were inappropriate and it is a PG forum.

EDIT: I was not ignoring you. I wanted to post what I wanted to say then look at the pictures. Then everyone started posting. If I was ignoring you, I would not have said anything back.

Your pictures are fine. They are just a picture of a girl with big boobs. It does not push forward themes that were in the previous picture.

As for people telling people it is a PG forum. I let people free to start posting. If they do post something inappropriate, then I will tell them that it is not allowed.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

7Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Any quarrels that you have with any member of the forum should try be left out and discussed in the appropriate place.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

8Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Glad the pictures meet your approval so that I may use one.

I wasn't shocked at all, I expected it. Unfortunately I can't comment on whether or not the forum is a dictatorship because I do not feel confident in my knowledge of the exact definition. All Forums should have a written set of Rules to follow, there is little to no reason not to, failure to do so only encourages people to abuse the lack of Rules following the argument that there was nothing to say they weren't allowed to do something.

Mijy, which subforum is the appropriate place for quarrels with any member of the forum? Shallow and Pointless or Deep and Meaningful? And stop talking to me and blocking me immediately before I can respond, if you don't want me to talk to you, don't talk to me.

Quite frankly I don't care about this forum any more, I suddenly had the desire yesterday to point out that the insults directed at Naru were so incorrect that definition of the insult was unknown, that an example was required to understand.

She makes mistakes, without doing anything wrong, and her friends turn against her calling her untrue and unfair names. That's not what I call a friend, and anyone who betrays friendship like that on presumptuous grounds should be ashamed of themselves. When things go wrong between friends you talk to them about it, you don't call them names swear at them and then block them out. She certainly did nothing to warrant such aggressive behavior, yet she received it.

9Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Considering you ignored my last post, I will make an exception to what I said and say this:

There is no place on this forum for quarreling. It is unacceptable and unwanted.

You told Matt to get over it. I suggest you do the same, whether you like it or not, what's done is done with and you two apparently have to have the last say.

OJPhoenix wrote:Quite frankly I don't care about this forum any more.

If you don't care, don't be here. It's not the place for you. No one is forcing you to be here.

However if you do want to stay, feel free. Just please discontinue this nonsense.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

10Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
I've been talking to Lifesapity...

I apologise for posting material that is not PG on the forum knowing full well that I'm not supposed to. I don't know what made me want to do it all of a sudden, I wanted to say so much when naru was being called names in the other thread but knew anything I said would be thrown back in my face.

I don't like quarreling I was being a **** with the way your last post was, I wasn't ignoring it I was taking it literally and trying to annoy you with it, which I shouldn't have done.

I don't like the current situation, prior to what I did I mean, I don't want things to be like this

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum