Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blaze Empty Blaze Wed May 26, 2010 7:29 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Name: Alexander Cinaed

Nickname: Blaze

Sex: Male

Birthday: 7 7 1983

Height: Average

Blood type: O-

Eye colour: Blue

Hair colour: Orange

Mantra: Knowledge is power...

Quote: "Theres no problem that cannot be solved without the proper application of fire."

Appearance: Spiked Messy Orange Hair. Slightly above average height. Wears a long dark orange hooded duster with black flame pattern across the base. When using Thermal Vision, eyeballs turn slightly orange. They do not emit light or radiation etc like this.

Personality: Optimistic and cheerful, tries to see the lighter side of everything. More than happy going in first for the team.

Favourite colour: ORANGE

General Description: Once a Steam Train Driver eventually discovering Thermomancy powers by accident, was conscripted by Spectrum when they learnt of his powers.

Background: Blaze has Scottish, Irish, and English in his blood. The family is skilled in Blacksmithing and as a result Melee Weapon Fighting, hence his primary choice of weapon and where it originates.

Powers: Pyrokinesis - Can control fire (but can't create it); Thermal Vision

Primary Weapon: Whip-Sword, named Drakenstaart. A 29" blade sword capable of extending the blade into a segmented whip-like form reaching up to 15ft long.

Secondary Weapon: Deagle

Armour: Bullet Proof Vest, Bullet Proof & Flame Resistant Duster

Equipment: Smoke Grenades, Molotove Cocktails, Incendiary Deagle Rounds (in addition to normal: I have 2 Deagles, 1 loaded with normal rounds, the other with incendiary), Pyrotex Gloves (x2 pairs), Matches, Lighter

Information:
Pyrotex/Ignition Cloth Gloves - These gloves are made out of a special material known as Protex cloth.
This fabric, also known as Ignition cloth, is synthetically manufactured, from various materials by Spectrum to create a spark akin to a match when the fabric itself is rubbed together.
The gloves themselves are flame reistant.
Using these gloves, Blaze can simply snap his fingers to create a spark.

1. Soul Calibur IV version of my character
2. Back view
3. An example of my weapon, thnx to lifesapity for recolouring it
4. A screenshot of Roy Mustang from the anime Full Metal Alchemist using Pyrotex gloves to create a spark which he manipulates into flame

Equipment acquired or lost in the story at the moment:
+9 artillery shells
+1 shotgun
+10 smoke grenades
+5 anti-vehicle mines

Last edited by OJPhoenix on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 13 times in total

2Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Why do i get the sneaking suspicion that you like fire?

3Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 2:30 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
So your like that guy from the movie X-Men 2 that likes to play with fire lol

4Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
I think you have just a bit too much explosive power.... keep ur fire stuff, but get rid of the c4, grenades and maybe even smoke bombs.

Question: to what extent of your heat power can you control.... is it like u can manipulate people's body temp and remove it from someone into someone else? do you need the fire to start with (eg ur lighter only has limited lighter fluid - meaning short burn, and match is a tiny flash?)

Btw i think we are only allowed 2 skills - so heat manipulation, thermal and fire control is sorta 3. since the heat part is a slight bit op (hmm lets see, that tarmac over there has been in the sun the whole day - move that heat to some poor guy's face *ouch*)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

5Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 5:12 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
yeah, you've got a point there james, controlling heat and controlling fire are technically 2 different powers

6Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Pyrokinesis is the bility to control the kinetic energy of atoms to generate, control or absorb fire. 1 ability the ability to control heat and fire is what it can do

My ability is almost Pyrokinesis with 1 major difference, I cannot CREATE heat or fire, I require a source to begin with, which is why my equipment includes such tools.

Yeah my power would theoretically include the capacity to manipulate body heat, but I'm not going to do it, ever, also:
My ability to manipulate heat as you so define it is limited by how well the particles can conduct fire. If i wanted to manipulate heat across a metal object, it would be easy, but ojects like wood, plastics, ceramics, paper, rubber are bad fire conductors and thus would require significant effort to use heat manipulation on.
This means that Carbon, what the human body is made of, is a bad conductor and therefor while I could manipulate body heat etc it would require far too much effort for me to use easily, regularly, or even to bother with at all.
So no, I cannot move the heat from the tarmac to some guys face, oxygen and carbon are bad for conducting heat, way too much effort.

My ability to control fire is limited by size and speed, so is the heat, as in I can't simply make things explode on command, thats far too much fire too fast.
A good example of my fire manipulation is my capacity to throw fireballs, they would be about the size and speed of a baseball.
I can put fires out, but that is the limit to my ability to remove heat / fire. However I can sustain (without need for fuel) and spread fire, but as I said, limited by size and speed, I cannot instantly spread fire to engulf an oncoming army or even small squad, maybe if I had some time I could try, but it would be ridiculously draining and not worth it.
The main purpose of my ability to control fire is to set my main weapon on fire and to throw fireballs and also to put fire out if need be.

oh and I already cleared my ability with fade

7Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 8:52 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
sounds good mate, that makes sense

8Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Thu May 27, 2010 10:15 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
So basically, the only way that he could control heat is if he used fire to make more heat?

Because heat can be generated from anything, not just fire.
If he were able to control heat without the use of fire, that would have been 3 abilities.

I had to read it several times >

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

9Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Mon May 31, 2010 8:25 am

Pearly

Pearly
But everything has heat, theoretically, just not very much. What's the limit as to when you can start moving it? 30 degrees? 40?

http://selectstartmedia.net

10Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
uhh I didn't really think about it that way, by moving it I mean the way heat energy can move from one substance to another, but yeah I suppose I would also be able to heat things up and down a bit. Hadn't really thought anything specific for that. All I know is I didn't want to restrain myself to the point of saying I can only shift X amount of heat or change it by X degrees, instead I thought of more that, the limitation is how quickly I can do something. Haven't got any numbers for you really but I would also have to have a limit to it, for both the heat and fire.

For example my standard fireball is the size and speed of a baseball, I can summon it rather quickly, if I had a bit of time I could increase its size to say a basketball? but it wouldn't be something I could do quickly enough in combat. At the same time I wouldn't be able to sit there and just eventually build up a ridiculously sized fireball, no spirit bombs here Razz

The idea was to limit myself in combat based on speed, so that out of combat, given time I can do more, but that too would obviously need a limit. Does that help?

11Blaze Empty Re: Blaze Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Made an edit, I took out the ability to manipulate Heat.
After having a look at my conversation with Fade, apparently we didn't actually discuss it, so for now at the very least, its gone.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum