Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ISP's Responsible? Empty ISP's Responsible? Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
The movie industry took Australia's 3rd largest internet service provider iinet to court last week for providing internet services to people pirating and downloading their movies. The movie industry lost the case.

Should ISP's be responsible for stopping their customers from downloading illegal material? Should measures be put into place to monitor what is being downloaded. Should ISP's be allowed to call the police?

Spectrum and Forumotion do not allow the promotion of downloading illegal and pirated material. Be careful what you write. It may be removed or edited.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2ISP's Responsible? Empty Re: ISP's Responsible? Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
The movie do actually try stop them by uploading viruses to stop people DL'ing illegally.
So ive heard...
just to confirm, they are suing them because they provided the internet that was used to DL illegal movies?

Because if so, thats just stupid.
The only logic i can get out of it is that iinet has good DL rates..

3ISP's Responsible? Empty Re: ISP's Responsible? Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah, that is right. Which is so stupid. I don't think ISPs should be responsible at all.

I am just curious as to how they find people who have downloaded illegal materials.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4ISP's Responsible? Empty Re: ISP's Responsible? Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Firstly, I would like to point out Hayden's grammatical phail.

Secondly, The movie industry created a Logo containing a copyrighted symbol, just to prove their idiocy.

Thirdly, it's complete rubbish. By monitoring the people they provide internet for, would severely decrease speeds, something which iiNet has built their company around. Even going to great lengths to build their own network so that it is now slowed down by other companies piggy backing off the network. It is not up to the provider to pick and choose what their customers are aloud to use, that ruins the point of the internet.

Fourthly, I'm not sure how they would monitor illegal downloading of movies, as it's all done on a peer to peer basis. For those who are technologically retarded, that means the main file is loaded onto a server, then, lets say 100 people, download a 100th of that file, then each person shares that file with each other person. How could you monitor the sharing of files between individual computers? I'm not saying I support it, but you would have to introduce a HUGE filter ULTRA-SLOWING down the speed.

Fifthly, iiNet refused to even consider thinking about introducing the filter that K'Rudd is proposing, they spent sh*tloads of money making a fast internet, they aren't going to slow it down. Seriously, people like K'Rudd annoy the sh*t outa me.

5ISP's Responsible? Empty Re: ISP's Responsible? Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:43 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Firtsly, i'd like to point out Brady's grammatical phailure.

He does not deserve the correct grammatical **** mushrooms
He is known as Krudd.
and if they do do that internet filter thing, and iinet do refuse it, im switching to them Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum