Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official GE:S Clan Member
So while I was building the latest addition to my fantasy RP world, I had the strange urge to make a cityscape map. Basically, i'd make a huge city with skyscrapers and a subway. I've always wanted to make a cityscape map since I started playing Minecraft

So here is what's going to happen. I've been on a Minecraft binge lately and felt the need to keep on building on my Fantasy map. Building that map was starting to become a pain in the ass (considering the size of what I was building at that point in time). Basically, this new map will be what I build on when i'm tired of building for the fantasy map.

The map itself would be built on the super flat setting so there really wouldn't be a whole lot of mining or anything at all. It would really be made for RP purposes only.

Here are some ideas I have for uses of this map...

-Mystery Detective RP

-Techno Fantasy RP World (Shadowrun style)

-Superhero RP

Those are just some base ideas. I personally would love to do the Mystery RP with detectives trying to solve a crime and the murderer/murderers trying to throw them off and stop them. It would be something that would require you to take PHYSICAL notes on a notepad or something. I think that would be a lot of fun in my opinion. It's something very different from the norm.

Expect screens soon hopefully

EDIT: I just discovered the glorious program MCEdit....so helpful making things

2Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Progress Report #1

Making HUUUUUGE buildings that will be used repeatedly across the entire map. Not close to one another and maybe not the same materials, but similar...

Buildings made...
-Apartment Complex
-Deli/Diner
-Grocery Store
-Skyscrapper
-Town Homes

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_one_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5cv3ep

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_one_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5cv3nw

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_one_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5cv3vw

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_one_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5cv40f

Expect more as the city gets bigger...

Next buildings
-Football stadium
-Bank
-Firehouse

3Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Progress Report #2

So i've deviated from what I originally said I was building, but made up for it with the biggest building i've ever made...

Let me know what you think...

Buildings Made...
-Cathedral
-Firehouse
-Bank
-Cemetary

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhllr
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhm2l
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhm5f
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhm7p
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhmb4
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhmdy
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dhmk7

4Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Here's a police station...

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Cityscape_progress_two_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5dooyd

5Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

LoadingWTF

Hope these help! saw them ages ago and these came to mind when i saw your screenies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRT4_vQBHLs&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaBWl7_SqpU&feature=plcp

just ignore the reviewing aspect of the video i guess, but i hope it gives you some ideas if you need any Very Happy

6Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I like the inside of the church. I think the outside needs some more detail as it looks a little flat.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

7Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Emilia wrote:I like the inside of the church. I think the outside needs some more detail as it looks a little flat.

IDSHFDSNFOASNFVOASVNMSZDLFJDSMLVDSNMLVDSJMVLSj.fds,CFSDFJDSOVDSMLDSMOCFLDSFMODSfnms

Ok

8Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:03 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
This isn't what the final city will look like. Right now, i'm just building city blocks/buildings to copy and paste onto a bigger platform and when I have enough, i'll move everything to another giant stone platform that is more uniform, with a central point and everything...

9Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:10 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Emilia wrote:I like the inside of the church. I think the outside needs some more detail as it looks a little flat.

Yeah interior looks nice Smile

Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape TGmRF
Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape 22i9L

I ran out of ideas by the time I built the outside of mine so made inside a shrine to a cake and called it cake church Smile

I built that church legitimately in survival mode out of smoothstone. Died many times doing the lights on the roof lol.

Later we used world edit to change the smoothstone into random bricks as by that stage I was over minecraft and couldn't care less lol.

Underground I had my mammoth Redstone creation but that just turned out to be impossible in survival mode lol

10Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Empty Re: Mister Bright Builds: Cityscape Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:17 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
I made another platform 8 thick and 640 x 640 blocks...

Starting to move buildings over...

Started copying buildings and changing their blocks to something else...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum