Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Elvis alive? Empty Is Elvis alive? Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Something that a mate of mine sent to me this morning..
Got me thinking, however this could be propaganda.
What do you think?
Leave yout thaught here Smile

here is a belief in some quarters that Presley did not die in 1977, that he is still alive, that he went into hiding for various reasons. This claim is allegedly backed up by thousands of so-called Elvis sightings that have occurred in the years since his death.[17] Critics of the notion state that a number of Presley impersonators can easily be mistaken for Presley and that the urban legend is merely the result of fans not wanting to accept his death.
Two tabloid newspapers, the Weekly World News and The Sun[citation needed], ran articles covering the continuing "life" of Presley after his death, in great detail, including a broken leg from a motorcycle accident, all the way up to his purported "real death" in the mid 1990s.[citation needed] However, since his "real death", the Weekly World News has continued to claim he is still alive, thus contradicting its initial story. In his book, Elvis' DNA Proves He's Alive (2005), Bill Beeny claims to have conducted DNA testing on two tissues of Presley—one of the singer when he was alive, and one of the supposed dead body. According to the author, the two did not match. Therefore, he concludes, Presley's death may have been faked.[citation needed]
The so-called Wax Body Theory remains intriguing, when considering the following circumstances, presented as facts by its various supporters: [18]
1. Elvis Presley's custom-made coffin weighed 900 pounds. Funeral attendants reported that the air around it was unusually cool, leading to suspicion of a built-in AC unit to keep a wax body (i.e. replica of Elvis' corpse) cool;
2. The face presented to the mourners featured oddly arched eyebrows and a pug nose, even though Elvis had undergone plastic surgery (a nose job) to elongate his rather Native American-looking nose into a classical one for his movie career in Hollywood;
3. Elvis weighed approximately 250 pounds at the time of his "death", but his death certificate reduced this to a mere 170 pounds, in keeping with the appearance of the wax body;[citation needed]
4. Elvis was a karate expert with an 8th degree black belt, so his hands were visibly calloused, whereas the body laid in the coffin had soft and pudgy, rather effeminate hands;[citation needed]
5. One of the trademark Presley sideburns came off because the wax body was seen to be "sweating", i.e. melting, and a hairdresser later reported gluing it back on;[citation needed]
6. Two hours after the public announcement of Elvis' death, a man who looked like a dead ringer for Elvis purchased a plane ticket for Buenos Aires under the name of John Burrows, an alias Elvis had used on several occasions, and one that was reported in government documents;[citation needed]
7. A number of Elvis' most prized books such as his Bible, Chiro's Book of Numbers, and the Autobiography of a Yogi all disappeared after his alleged death, never to be recovered;[citation needed]
8. Elvis' record company RCA showed uncanny foresight by releasing millions of his recordings and merchandise, and his manager Colonel Tom Parker was spotted wearing a pair of Hawaiian shorts on the day of the funeral, a sign of remarkable disrespect in any culture, if it had not been for the fact that he had no reason to mourn [19];[citation needed]
9. Two days before his alleged death, Elvis called a lady friend named Miss Foster to tell her he had canceled his upcoming tour and that she should not believe anything she would read about him. A polygraph test described in "Elvis, Where Are You?" showed that she was not lying;[citation needed]
10. A former paramour named Lucy de Barbin received a single rose in the mail on the day after Elvis' alleged death with a card identifying the sender as "El Lancelot", her secret pet name for Elvis, unbeknownst to anyone else;[citation needed]
11. Elvis was fascinated by Numerology - adding the numbers contained in the date of his alleged death (16 August 1977) yields 2001, the title of his favorite movie in which the hero plans his immortality in the bathroom;[citation needed]
12. To this day, no one has ever stepped forward to collect Elvis Presley's life insurance policy;[citation needed]
13. Graphology experts have proven that the signature on his death certificate is Elvis' own handwriting;[citation needed]
14. On his last concert tour in the summer of 1977, Elvis regularly quipped that although he did not look his best right now, he would look good in his coffin [2].[citation needed]
15. A certified psychiatrist and practising physician from Kansas City named Dr. Donald Hinton (not to be confused with Elvis impersonator Don Hinton) would testify in a court of law that his book "The Truth About Elvis Aron Presley: In His Own Words" was co-written with "Jesse" (Elvis' assumed new identity under the name of his stillborn twin brother) and contains nothing but the truth, as proven by a lie detector test [3];
16. Dr Hinton is in possession of Elvis memorabilia such as a pair of cufflinks presented to Elvis by his former girlfriend Ann-Margret and pajamas given to him by Muhammad Ali[4];
17. A half-sister of Elvis' named Eliza Alice Presley has stepped forward to confirm the existence of "Jesse", as proven by DNA tests [5];
18. All photographs taken at the death scene have mysteriously disappeared, as have the toxicology reports;[citation needed]
19. Elvis' valuable jewellery and photographs of Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley were missing from Graceland [6].[citation needed]
Both ETAs and the belief that Presley still lives figure into the story of Bubba Ho-tep, which features him living in a Texas nursing home after switching lives with a Presley impersonator (Presley goes so far as to make a living "impersonating" himself). According to the movie, it was the impersonator who died in 1977, but the documentation of the switch was accidentally destroyed, preventing Presley from ever reclaiming his "real" life.[citation needed]
The book Elvis and the Blue Moon Conspiracy by Mark McGinty tells the satirical story of the 1969 moon landing, where Presley accompanies astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to the lunar surface and becomes the first man to walk on the moon. An accident on the surface causes NASA to abort the mission and broadcast a version of the landing without Presley, later dubbed a "hoax" by a little known reporter named Dani Mitchell. According to the fictional story, Presley dies in 1969 but is replaced by an impersonator who lives out the rest of Presley's life.
There was even a television show about the life and death of Presley, called 'The Elvis Files' "endeavoring to present" evidence for the possibility that Presley is still alive. Some people believe that they had seen 'the King', and handwriting experts declare that they have seen notes written by Presley after his demise. A background of spooky music accompanied all of the testimonies." Although "the evidence presented on that program was extremely weak," it convinced 79 percent of the viewers who cast their votes to believe Presley is still alive.
Television shows have also been used to demonstrate the comic element of the situation. One such example was the BBC television show called Give My Head Peace. A Christmas special entitled "The King and I"[20] featured a plot line of Presley saving one of the characters (Andy) from a very dangerous situation. After telling his friends the story, everyone is convinced that he is suffering from mental illness and in a bid to save him from the psychiatric ward, Mervyn (Andy's friend) takes him to Graceland to show him Presley's grave and shock him back to reality. The plan backfires and Andy insists on digging up Presley's coffin to check inside. After being chased back to Belfast, Mervyn is shocked into believing Andy in a comedy ending when Presley himself (played by impersonator Martin Fox[21]) pops around to check if Andy is okay. Rock band Living Colour took their own humorous jab at the situation with their song Elvis is Dead on the album Time's Up.
The doctors who performed the autopsy of Presley have also commented on the situation. "Now in an autopsy, the doctor removes and examines the heart, the brain, and various other essential internal organs. To get to these essential organs, the doctor has to do various cuts and incisions. To quote the doctor, 'If he wasn't dead before I did the autopsy, he sure was afterwards!'"[22]

full article at this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_sightings#Is_Elvis_alive.3F

P.S, if this actually work, Emilia, can you make it a proper topic plzzzz

2Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
why the hell would elvis do all that. seems like a couple screws came loose if its true.

3Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Because everything we read on the internet must be true!!

I'm guessing you got this off wikipedia? All the [citation needed] means that they have no references to what they are writing. Meaning they have no proof the newspapers even wrote that, or anybody even did that, let alone if the newspapers were actually right.

I'm sorry, but Elvis was a major druggy; drugs in the morning to wake up, drugs at night to get to sleep, drugs to party, etc. Good luck keeping your body alive using that life style.

4Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Preach it, sistah!

5Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I didnt find it, a mate sent it to me.
It could be true.
you never know o.O

6Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I doubt that this is true. My conspiracy theory radar is going off it's nut.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

7Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
LOL!
Still, you never know...

8Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
What possible reason would he have to do this. Seriously. The guy's a fruitloop if this is true.

9Is Elvis alive? Empty Re: Is Elvis alive? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah, I don't think that this is true at all

Probably some die hard fan must it up, desperately hoping Elvis is still alive.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]