Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Terra+Nova+TV+Series

Has anyone started watching Terra Nova? What did you think?

I only watched the first hour of the pilot (which is called Genesis (awesome) ), because I had to be up early for uni today, but what I saw so far, it was freaking AWESOME.

The plot was excellent and I am excited as to what is going to happen in later episodes.

If you are going to post a spoiler, please use the
Spoiler:
tags. Thank you!

Last edited by Emilia on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 am

Kangamoony

Kangamoony
Forum Friendly
I've watched the entire first episode and i can say,
This is one of the most awesome shows out there at the moment.
Or atleast, its the best of the new shows.
This idea of travelling back to the dino age, and attempting to live in such an environment is gold, i have no idea why people haven't pulled off such an idea yet.

3Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah, it really has a movie feel to it (the budget per episode is HUGE and is directed by Steven Spielberg, so you know it is going to be good).

I just like how they explain that the past is in a different timeline, to stop paradoxes Razz

4Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:22 am

Kangamoony

Kangamoony
Forum Friendly
Haha yeah, that paradox fixer was good, and crap, Steven Spielberg? i had no idea, no wonder its good!

5Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Found from IMDB

Spoiler:

6Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:22 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I recorded it last night, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet because I watched Underbelly instead and went to bed for work in the morning.

From just seeing the previews of it that ten was showing before it premiered I kind of got mixed feelings about it, that it seemed crap because it seems like a copy of Jurrasic Park and other dinosaur movies, but when I found out that Steven Spielberg is directing the tv show, it made me think that the tv show must be good.

Anyway, I'll probably watch it tonight if I bother to turn on the tv, but I gotta say that going back in time taking you into a different timeline is nothing new Emily and Kangamoony, that is normal time-travel theory, gosh. I think you two need to watch the Back to the Future trilogy again.

7Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Kangamoony

Kangamoony
Forum Friendly
...i have not seen the back to the future trilogy

8Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
oh my god, watch it now damn you

9Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Kangamoony

Kangamoony
Forum Friendly
I would if i had it!

10Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
It's different to Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. Really different.

11Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Of course its different Emily, but there are quite a few similarities between Terra Nova and Jurassic Park. Like for example the dinosaurs and that scene where Zoey fed the big dinosaur with the tree branch, that happened in Jurassic Park and there will probably be many more similarities between them as the show progresses, which is not surprising as they both have the same director. This is not necessarily a bad thing though.

I watched the premier last night and I got to say that the show was quite decent. It has good actors and a decent story for the premise, but one main concern that I have for the show is that the story may get dull, which happens a lot. That being said so far so good.

Also I never said that it was similar to the Back to the Future trilogy, just the time travel theory presented to us in those films.

12Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:57 pm

ezql

Forum Friendly
GAME OF THRONES AND BREAKING BAD **** ALL OVER THIS SHOW

13Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:21 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Ok, so my thoughts about Episode 2

Spoiler:

14Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:34 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I just watched episode 2 and I've got to say Emily that your opinion of a lot of the stuff that happened in that episode appears to be of quite an aggresive nature to me. Like for instance I don't understand why you be hating on Skye so much. There is nothing wrong with harmless flirting, they are allowed to be friends and besides, the chance of Josh ever seeing his past girlfriend ever again is incredibly unlikely. There is nothing wrong with moving on and that doesn't mean that they don't understand love either. People fall in and out of love all the time and I see no reason why one can't love multiple people at once. Your view of love appears to be quite strict and one-dimensional. Also, they are not throwing love all over the place, flirting does not equal love, it usually means lust, sex and attraction imo. Also, I'm pretty sure Josh knows that the necklace is significant because he wouldn't trade it for the guitar, I know I would haha. As for your prediction of whether Josh's past girlfriend would come to Terra Nova, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened either, no matter how unlikely that may be, for the drama.

I don't know why you be hating so much on Josh as well, he seems to be doing a lot better for himself in this episode and his relationship with his father appears to be improving. I don't know where you are getting this running loose impression from either, I would hardly describe attending survival classes, cleaning toilets and looking after family "running loose".

Anyway, I thought the episode was good. I'll probably continue to watch it, but its not as good as House or Rush. btw lol at House in jail hahahaha

I don't really love or hate any of the characters yet, a lot of generic storytelling and good looking actors that could also pass as models haha.

15Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
My views of love are not strict and one dimensional. Love is about loyalty and you don't just change your mind, unless that person hasn't done anything for you. Nor would I go and start flirting with other guys if I pledged my love to my boyfriend on the other side of the portal.

Like in this week's episode

Spoiler:

What the hell was that? Their relationship is all over the place.

Don't worry, his girlfriend will be back.

HAHAHA and yeah, I am agressive, when
Spoiler:
, I yelled out that she were a bitch Razz Razz Razz

Taking all the BS teenage stuff aside, in Episode 3, the stuff that happened was very realistic. It could easily happen. And I really liked that.

BTW, did you know that Reynolds is played by Dean Geyer?

16Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:07 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Haha yeah I agree with you now after episode 3, Skye is all over the place and I can see why you are getting angry at her emily lol

and no I didn't notice that was Dean Geyer.
I knew that I saw him somewhere before, good to see that he is moving up from that Neighbours crap

17Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:50 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
The 4th episode wasn't bad. They are have thrown something into the story line to make you watch again, because you want to know what the secret is.

Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) TerraNovaSixers

18Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Terra Nova (Contains Spoilers) Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
As all good tv shows must have. Smile

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum