Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Tobias - The Island Realm Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
As taken from Tobias' character description:

General Description: Tobias grew up in a respectful, "right" family on the planet of Eldora, part of an Ethnic culture known for its pale skin, oddly-colored eyes and oddly-existing hair. The colours of hair would usually describe ones talent - and for Tobias that was the creation of phantoms, sounds and shapes which were there but not. He, along with many of his kind, later dispersed from his home in search of other societies to mingle with, as was the custom.
When Tobias finally found a place to settle down and begin another life, he'd attracted attention. A journey had turned into a bomb scare, which then turned into a government affair - Tobias, aged only 18 at the time, managed to defuse the situation before the need of extended assistance. He was soon adopted into the local Law Enforcement, working his way up with his unique capabilities until, eventually, becoming an agent for the United Nations of Eldora. All the while loving a normal life with a girlfriend in an apartment - at this stage he is 21, in a deep relationship and constantly being called for assignments as one of the UNA's better agents.

Tobias is a high-ranking agent of the United Directorate Forces, the army of the United Nations of Eldora. He has worked on many missions for the UDF where his unique talent has been needed, but he is currently on a well earned holiday with his girlfriend in a small 2 storey house by the coast of one of the small outlying islands in the Island Realm. The holiday house that they are currently in is like a tropical paradise, isolated from all other civilization seemingly on the edge of the world.

Unfortunately, Tobias' holiday time has been cut severely short ever since the invasion of Sun Mountain. Tobias has been ordered to report back for duty in the United Nation's capital of Fieldel because of this and is due there in a week, he will have to leave tomorrow to be able to get there on time.

It is early morning, 5am and the sun is already rising as the sunlight already begins to sweep into the large bedroom on the top floor of the holiday house through the large window overlooking the tropical sea. Tobias and his partner are still laying in bed as they hear the loud sounds of a vehicle coming towards the house...

2Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Re: Tobias - The Island Realm Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Muggins

Muggins
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
Tobias stirred in his bed ... beside her body, sharing warmth under the covers of the bed something felt off, or even odd. Something that hadn't happened over the last few days, nor any of the other times when they had been there previously - not to mention the fact that they were, for the most part, on their own. This all added up to a conclusion relating the noise, an odd rumbling outside the window, as being an unwelcome.

Over the years Tobias had organised a number of plans when a situation such as this arose ... even if the chance of it was small, he had prepared. He'd been warned that loved ones could easily get in the way during assignments or even in their usual environments simply due to the fact that they were possible targets - he loved her too much to not have at least one plan on such an occasion.

He slipped away from her with the rustle of cloth, the shifting of the covers. Sliding out of the bed, he shuffled over to the window and wearily peered out the window, winking his eyes awake. A vehicle, outside - or rather, that's what he was hearing. His eyes were murky, unfocused, and even the framing of the glass seemed to be against him. But, despite all this, he couldn't see anything even relating to the noise off in the distance. Perhaps it was on the other side of the house?

'There's no time to check,' he reminded himself, quickly withdrawing himself into the closet, awake from the noise of the machine which was somewhere nearby. Scrabbled around, tried to gather his clothes ... just a shirt and trousers if he succeeded, nothing fancy. With that done he'd try and take his pistol from behind the rack, checking the weapon for ammo - unless he were mistaken it would be all he needed to get rid of any problems.

Last edited by Muggins on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Style" edit, as requested.)

3Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Re: Tobias - The Island Realm Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:07 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
(btw. You don't write the story. Martin does. You attempt to do something, then martin says if it goes ahead.

Read a bit of the other threads to see how we do things Smile)

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Re: Tobias - The Island Realm Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah that's a good post there muggins, but there are some aspects about it which aren't quite right.

1. You can actually only control yourself, so you can't describe what your partner is doing, I will be doing that, although it would be a good idea to give her a name, I'll let you do that since you made her up.

2. You can only attempt to do your actions, so as in, when you go to grab your equipment, say it in a present tense so that you are about to do it. That way if I wanted to I could make a giant monster jump out of the closet, which is unlikely.

3. You can't describe what you see, except for what I have already stated. All I have said is that you can hear the sounds of the vehicle approaching your house, you can't actually say what you see out of the window, what you should say is that Tobias looks out the window to look for the vehicle and then I will describe what you see.

Besides that, everything is fine. Its better to make the rules of the TA clear now before we go any further and its better that way cause then it remains fair for everyone.

So, can you reply here when you get this message and edit your post pls Smile

5Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Re: Tobias - The Island Realm Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:08 am

Muggins

Muggins
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
(Edited the post to fulfill these points ... though I'll be honest with you and state that I don't see much threadbreaking with my describing her as a deep sleeper and barely responding to the movement or noise.

Thanks for telling me, anyways.)

6Tobias - The Island Realm Empty Re: Tobias - The Island Realm Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
No problemo, let us continue the fun times...

Tobias can see a small truck and a 4wd driving along side it coming down the small road towards the front of the holiday house, which is on the other side of the building. Tobias can see that the 4wd has a mounted heavy machine gun on the back of it, but he can't recognise the men driving the vehicles or wielding the machine gun. They are all wearing dark cloaks.

Tobias finds the clothes in his wardrobe and all of his equipment where he left it, he can now hear the sounds of the truck stopping in front of the house...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum