Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:36 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I wouldn't give any of my organs to anybody while I was still alive, nobody is worth risking death and shortening my life imo.

27Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:08 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
Sure, i will donate a kidney or a lung to a family member that needs it, you can live on one so it wouldn't be a biggie.

But i would like to onate blood, i should go down to the place and do it, might even find out exactly what my blood type is, its estimated to be B+.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

28Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Donating a kidney or any type of organ is actually quite dangerous, there is a big risk involved, for both of you. And there isn't even a guarantee that the transplant will even work. And even if it does work it would still significantly shorten your lifespan.

An organ transplant is not worth it for me for anybody, I don't expect my family or loved ones to give me their kidneys and I wouldn't do the same for them.

29Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 am

bobbert4ever

bobbert4ever
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
No I am not a donor, but yes I plan to be when I get older. I think it is super selfish to not be. I mean, if your dead anyways why does it matter? Why would anyone just burn up your body and toss the ashes or put it in a coffin only to bury it and no one ever sees it again?

I think if someone doesn't want to donate their body though for personal reasons, they should have the option not to. But I think most people would want to help save a life once they are gone anyways, so I'm all for the "automatic unless you opt-out" thing. I'm sure there is TONS of people who never register to be an organ donor then die, but if you could still ask them, they would say they want to donate their organs.

EDIT: And no, I wouldn't give my kidney while I was still alive, unless I had some disease where I was going to die within a few months anyways or something like that.

30Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:33 am

Mickle

Double Century
Donor for all body parts.

Edit. I wouldn't donate while alive to anyone random, but if I was a match for someone I dearly cared about, I'd take the risk as its not always worth living without them.

31Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I'm not a donor and the idea still creeps me out a bit i don't know why cos i figure i'm dead so what does it matter but still i'm not yet ready to sign up. i would never donate to science because i've been in the labs using cadavers and i don't like what they do with the bodies and the way some students treat the bodies, when expressly told not to take photos or video of them i've seen people use mobiles to do so and people play round with them. And no i wouldn't do a live donation to a random person of an organ that is irreplaceable unless i was very close to them but i'd consider liver/bone marrow because they regrow.

well that's my pov i don't say it's right or my permanent answer but it's how i feel at the moment Smile

32Organ Donation - Page 2 Empty Re: Organ Donation Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 pm

SimonBenjamin

SimonBenjamin
Official GE:S Clan Member
Organ donation in any shape or form is universally one of the most charitable acts you can do as you're helping improving and even saving lives. The feeling of being part of that certainly is initially daunting and I respect that but think of it, being remembered not only as who you are but as a life saver Smile

http://invulnerableproductions.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2