Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Has your Zodiac Sign Changed?

Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 64% [ 9 ]
Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 Empty Re: Zodiac Sign Change Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:52 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Ok, so I have been doing some research into this, and this is what I have found.

1. The Zodiac was created over 2000 years ago. During that time, earth has moved, but the zodiac chart has not been updated.

2. Ophiuchus has been known for years. There are different types of zodiac beliefs (Western, Indian, Mayan, Asian). Some were already using Ophiuchus for quite some time.

3. According to astrologial principles, the Sun travels from the constellation Scorpius and goes directly into the sign of Sagittarius, but due to the constant motion of the cosmos, the Sun enters, for a few days of the year, the star constellation 'Ophiuchus' before entering Sagittarius from Scorpius, thus creating astrologically the birth of a thirteenth sign of the Zodiac, which is named as Ophiuchus the Serpent Holder.

4. The new shift in the earth was predicted and it was for that time that the professor Parke Kunkle decided to update the zodiac and release it to the public.

5. Because the zodiac has not been updated for so long, you were probably placed into the wrong zodiac when you were born.

6. Parents who are true believers of the zodiac go get Zodiac sign counselling for their new born children, especially when their birthday is on a cusp (the dates where the zodiac changes over) so find out what their true Zodiac sign is.

7. Essentially, the position of the stars when you were born is very important but because the cosmos is always changing, the position of the stars and the earth is affecting the way things happen for you. You do not have control over the cosmos. On your birth day, the earth is now facing a different constellation and that is quite significant. You are the same person, just a different sign.

So, this is what I believe about of all of this.

The Zodiac chart hasn't changed for so long, because people are afraid of change. That is undeniable.

If you believe in astrology, then you should know that the cosmos is affecting you. You have no control over what happens to you. The hate comments about this on other sites is crazy, saying that nothing can change and that one man can't just change the zodiac because he feels like it. It is scientific fact that the planets are moving. People have been watching the skies. One person has finally, after 2000 years actually mapped out what the sky is actually like and recorded the positions of the constellations that are basis of what the Zodiac is all about.

I used to be a strong believer in astrology a few years back. The reason I have researched this is other cultures are fascinating to me.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

27Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 Empty Re: Zodiac Sign Change Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
but i dont wanna be a cancer. >__>

28Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 Empty Re: Zodiac Sign Change Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
I was just reading something that says there are 2 Zodiacs.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

That, despite the fact that we call them constellations that do in fact move, its simply something that splits the year into 12ths, it can't change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac

"It is important to distinguish the zodiacal signs from the constellations associated with them, not only because of their drifting apart due to the precession of equinoxes but also because the physical constellations by nature of their varying shapes and forms take up varying widths of the ecliptic. Thus, Virgo takes up fully five times as much ecliptic longitude as Scorpius. The zodiacal signs, on the other hand, are an abstraction from the physical constellations designed to represent exactly one twelfth of the full circle each, or the longitude traversed by the Sun in about 30.4 days.[12]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_and_tropical_astrology

"Both divide the ecliptic into a number of "signs" named after constellations, but while the sidereal system defines the signs based on the fixed stars, the tropical system defines it based on the position of vernal equinox (i.e. the intersection of the ecliptic with the celestial equator). Because of the precession of the equinoxes, the two systems do not remain fixed relative to each other but drift apart by about 1.4 arc degrees per century."

"Tropical astrology is based on the idea that astrology is based on the configuration of the solar system relative to the Sun, not to the remote fixed stars. For tropical astrologers therefore it is irrelevant that the solsticial points (tropics) have drifted from one constellation to another over the millennia, due to the precession of the equinoxes."

===

The Western World uses Tropical Astrology, my starsign hasn't change and neither has anyone elses because they can't.

29Zodiac Sign Change - Page 2 Empty Re: Zodiac Sign Change Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I was a Virgo and now I am a Leo, weird isn't it! I'm not too into it but still it's like i'm a Virgo i'm not a Leo they can't do this!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum