Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magic: the Gathering Empty Magic: the Gathering Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:00 am

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
Hey People! =D Kevlar here aanddd....

I was just Curious if anyone has heard of Magic: the Gathering... well that part isn't really what I want to know, I want to know who plays Very Happy

I've been playing for nearly 5 years now (that's 5 years of going to openings/events/tournaments/etc.) I tend to make fun games for standard play, I usually make decks that other people dont know, something ridiculous, with ridiculous cards.. but hey it gets the job done.

All in all, Standard is fun, I also like to play Planechase (A different way to play Magic) If anyone knows it, they know it can get really silly and hilarious. (for those who dont know)

The way it works is you have your main deck (minimum of 60 cards, Casual Deck, Usual rules for Decks [max of 4 one card -not including lands] and side board of 15.)

And a deck of 10 Planar Cards (can't have two of the same planar card in one planar deck) - (Since most people I know dont have many planar Cards, I collected 43 out of the 44 and just use that as everyone's planar deck which sit's in the middle of the table.) Each Planar Card has it's own ability which effects everyone, and a chaos ability which activates if u get the chaos symbol on the planar dice. The planar card stays in the General Area (like in EDH)

You need a Planar dice (i have 4) A six sided dice with 4 blank sides and 1 side with the planar symbol and the other with a chaos symbol. If you roll the Planar Symbol you change the Planar Card and move to the next one in the pile. The Chaos Symbol activates the Chaos ability of the Planar Card that is currently in play. You can only roll the dice on your turn. It doesnt cost any mana to roll the dice, unless you want to roll the dice again, the mana to roll increases by one each time u want to roll again (e.g. 1st roll free, 2nd roll one mana, 3rd roll two mana, 4th roll three mana.. and so on)

Planechase is a game that is fun with more then 2 people, I like having 6 players for sillyness or 8 for havoc. Depending on the amount of players you can discuss what life you start at, since it's not 1v1 it's recommended you start at 30 life.

So I was hoping to find others who would also like to play (maybe not right now since Christmas means busy busy busy) It's quite a fun way of playing Magic, especially if you just want to have a laugh. You can also play Planechase with EDH decks (Elder Dragon Highlander - if you dont know.. that looks like something else i could write o.O )

Anyways if you interested let me know, and if there's something you dont understand ask and I can answer (plus if people know i've missed something, let me know)

Thanks Peeps - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

2Magic: the Gathering Empty Re: Magic: the Gathering Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:39 am

launcelot335

launcelot335
Forum Friendly
Heh kevlar - you have come to the right place XD

im kind of a newbie myself, but Pheonix and Lifesapity are friends of mine in the RL

and yeah, we play magic XD as for this planar game, i havnt heard of it before... sounds awesome though Razz

Life and Pheonix, both make amazing crazy decks... some legal some not Razz but yeah, they are sure to see this thread and post XD

i played magic for more hours than i studied last semester at uni...

heh so it sounds like a good idea. see what the others think =]

Launcelot

3Magic: the Gathering Empty Re: Magic: the Gathering Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
I also play. I think i can justify that i make decent decks too...

I just finished making my EDH deck, well its not going to be great, but i did however use slivers ^^ so that could turn out well.

I have a LOT of cards (most of them bad and gained in bulk from friends)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum