Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Paranormal Activity is a new horror coming out in the movies. There has been a lot of hype about it, this is due to people saying that it is actually, genuinely, scary! Crap your pants and cry for your mumma kinda scary. It has been out for a few months in minor town screenings in America, but has recently been put to the big screen. It was made on an extremely low budget and told through a Blair Witch Project camera technique. It comes out this Thursday, and I don't know about you, but I'll be there for a midnight screening on Friday ready to not sleep properly for the next week.

For those of you who haven't seen it, Here's the trailer - Even this gave me goose bumps!

2Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I have watched this movie and it is not scary at all. Things go bump in the night and stuff happens but it didn't make me jump at all. Low budget is exactly right. It is lame. There are scarier movies than this.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Way to dash all my hopes. -_- Razz

Well I still plan to go see it, and seeing how I'm younger then you, and I will probably have to walk 1/2km To get home very late at night/early in the morning, It'll probably creep me out on the way home. o_O
If nothing else, it'll be a good laugh watching Danielle jump at everything - she was even getting scared during 2012!

4Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:51 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Whos Danielle brady?
oh and im in to watch a nigth seshn man Very Happy:D

5Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
how can someone get scared watching 2012?!?

6Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
That's what I was wondering, but it was funny to watch none the less.

7Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
you're a great friend lol

Last edited by Fade on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

8Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
If Fade says "Thats what I said" Right after this post, then he is admitting his homosexuality.

Last edited by Cpl. Pickles on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

9Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

Last edited by Fade on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
For those of you who don't know how much of a little budget this movie was made on, they made it with $15,000. From the box office it has now raked in over $30 million - You do the math.

11Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Good for them. They got their money from sissys.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

12Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
It was a really good movie, It built suspense really well, but it wasn't that scary, for me anyway.

13Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
**** HELL BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
Only the last section scared me... The suspense killed me tho, coz the trailer showed all the scary bits.. So i knew what happened, i jsut didnt know when....
9/10
didnt like the home film style tho.. got annoying after a while...

14Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Pearly

Pearly
I haven't seen it yet, but I can't imagine the film being as effective without the home film style. It would add to its believability; like the Blair Witch project, there were no monsters in that film, but imagine how crappy it'd be if the handicam effect wasn't used?

http://selectstartmedia.net

15Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:31 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Never seen it.. i know it helps, but it jsut gets annoying wit hthe camera shaking and stuff...

16Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Pearly

Pearly
Does anyone know if this has overtaken Blair Witch as the biggest percentage profit on a film, ever?

17Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:41 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I watched this movie at like 1am this morning, all alone in my bedroom with all the lights turned off and the movie didn't scare me one bit. All I felt for the movie was curiosity as to what is going to happen next, the movie felt like a total waste of time for me - the most silliest and stupid horror movie that I have ever seen. I don't know why the hell so many others of you are saying this movie is so scary and awesome, because I just thought the whole movie was a crappy waste of time.

I can understand how this movie can be seen as scary by some because it builds a lot of suspense, which is really the only good thing about the movie, but the lack of anything happening in the movie didn't create any suspense for me, it just made me get annoyed and more irritated at the movie, waiting for something interesting to happen. I mean nothing interesting in the movie happens until about the last 20 mins of the movie, before that, its all really just crap.

A few random noises being played in the background while the couple is sleeping followed by a loud bang in the movie does nothing for me, because its just a few random noises and that is most of the weird **** that happens in the movie - a few weird noises, omg so scary (sarcasm). Besides that, the lady is dragged across the floor once, that didn't scare me either, I actually just laughed at it - I'm not joking, I actually loled at the movie.

And the one almost scary part at the very end, the most freaky part (if you have seen the movie you'll know what part I'm talking about) the bloody camera is just left on the floor in the bedroom and you have to listen and try and work out what is happening in the house outside of the room. That just pissed me off so much, I was so annoyed that I couldn't see what was actually happening, I know that it is supposed to create some kind of suspense or whatever crap, not knowing what really happened, but that's just **** imo, really bad movie making - there are much better ways to create suspense. And also imo, every horror movie needs to create some form of visual - as in add in some violence, blood and guts, some gore, a dead corpse, show something scary, anything - but showing nothing, but a few stupid noises is just absolute crap.

If any of you disagree with me, why don't you watch a proper horror movie, like the Saw series, Event Horizon, Turistas, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, The Unborn, The Uninvited etc etc. Basically, this Paranormal Activity will only scare children or people who have hardly watch proper horror movies, Paranormal Activity is something you would give to a child to ease them into the horror series of movies, but besides that, its just crap.

Besides all that, I thought the home camera technique was cool, to make it look realistic. Like Cloverfield, I thought that movie was awesome, but besides the cool camera technique, Paranormal Activity is just a lame horror movie.

I may be slightly biased because I have seen a lot of horror movies and I'm used to seeing blood and gore, but I know what a good horror movie is and Paranormal Activity is definitely not it. If you want a good horror movie with lots of suspense and no blood and gore, watch The Uninvited, that movie builds very good suspense and that movie really did freak me out, especially in the end after the big giant twist happens in the movie.

18Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 am

Pearly

Pearly
As I said, I'm yet to see this film. But I'll point you again to the Blair Witch Project - a movie that is terrifying without showing gore. You don't need gore to make films scary. Personally, I didn't fine films like Saw or the Unborn scary at all, the former was a silly gore-filled too-high-budget film that was less of a horror and more of a comedy. The Unborn was a American try-to-be-scary-but-relate-everything-back-to-Nazis poor attempy.

You want some scary films, that won't just make you jump but leave you genuinely scared forweeks and will last in your mind forever? Try The Orphanage or Blair Witch Project. No gore, but amazingly scary and will haunt you forever (for example, Blair Witch makes you suddenly scared to go camping)

As for your camera-in-the-bedroom example thingo, in Blair Witch you could have plain darkness for 5 minutes at a time, with nothing but heavy breathing and whispers between the characters. There is no monster, or murderer, guts or etc. There is just horror. It's your imagination that is supposed to scare you in scenes like this, as you conjure up the images of what has happened/is happening. Maybe you've watched too many highly-detailed horror films, with every detail handed to you on a silver platter, to be able to conjure your own image anymore?

19Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
mmm, you may be right pearly, but overall, the film paranormal activity didn't scare me and i didn't particularly enjoy it. I haven't seen the Blair Witch movie, but I sure would like to as soon as I can lol.

20Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 am

Pearly

Pearly
haha fair enough, each to his own i spose Smile there's no point arguing who is right, it's obviously a preferential thing

21Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Empty Re: Paranormal Activity - Creepy Sh*t? Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
yeah

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]