Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ways to Show Affection Empty Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I found this list. Do you agree with it?
Or are there things you wouldn't do or sound silly?
What things would you like your partner to do for you (Don't need to be in a relationship to answer this Razz)

Tell us which is your favourite, your least favourite and why.
PS. It doesn't have to be just one Smile

1. A kiss on the forehead
2. Uninterrupted quality time
3. A note under the pillow
4. Tell him when he looks masculine, sexy, or hot
5. Turn a regular day into an All-About-You day just for your mate
6. Breakfast served in bed
7. A romantic picnic indoors
8. An unexpected dinner cruise
9. Propose marriage on one knee
10. Don’t complain when he leaves the toilet seat up
11. A rose on the pillow
12. Tell her she’s beautiful
13. Pour on the chivalry (open doors, pull her chair out)
14. A bubble bath with rose petals and her favorite scented candles
15. Verbalize what your relationship means to you
16. Surprise her with her favorite flowers and candy
17. An “I love you because…” list
18. PDA (public displays of affection)
19. Heart shaped pancakes or cookies
20. A walk in the park together
21. Hold your beloved a little tighter and longer than usual
22. Do some of his/her chores
23. A handwritten card sprayed with your scent
24. Spoil each other
25. Renew your marriage vows
26. Be first to say “I’m sorry” after an argument
27. Personalize (i.e. engrave) gifts
28. Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper
29. Send a surprise gift to his/her workplace
30. Support each other’s dreams
31. Make love slowly, passionately
32. Run his bath water
33. Give your spouse space when needed
34. Buy her feminine hygiene products (before she asks)
35. Bring him a cold beer while he watches football
36. Put a love note in her purse
37. Hold hands
38. Take showers together and wash each other’s back (or whole body)
39. Look deeply into your lover’s eyes
40. Always kiss goodbye and goodnight
41. Boast about your mate and your relationship to mutual friends
42. Arrange for a babysitter so you can have an unexpected date night
43. Say how much you love each other even if you think it’s known
44. Use cute pet names for each other
45. Rub your noses together
46. Remember to say thank you (often)
47. Excuse each other’s mistakes
48. Meditate together
49. Sleep in his t-shirt
50. Wash her hair
51. Step outside of traditional gender roles to help each other (Cook dinner for her; take the trash out for him)
52. Verbally reassure your lover
53. Take photographs as a couple
54. Give up the last piece of food on your plate
55. Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”)
56. Listen more intently
57. Flirt with each other
58. Sing your significant other a love song
59. Get up early to help him/her get ready for work
60. Say “I adore you”
61. Watch a chic flick with her
62. Kiss your mate somewhere you never thought to kiss before (i.e. elbow, knee, toe)
63. Initiate affection (hugs, kisses, spooning)
64. Take good care of yourself so that you’re at your best for the one you love
65. A handmade gift or card
66. Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower
67. Cook your significant other’s’ favorite meal
68. Feed each other chocolate covered strawberries
69. Cuddle by the fireplace
70. Laugh and have fun with each other
71. Rub his/her feet
72. Create a scrapbook together
73. Start a hobby together
74. Dance indoors to your favorite song
75. Ask about each other’s day

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:36 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
I agree with everything on this list as affection.

What i would like my partner to do (if i had one) would be number 69 - Cuddle by the fireplace, but cuddles are always great wherever, or number 2 - Uninterrupted quality time.

A good question to ask is what would you do for your partner, well i love cooking soo definitely, number 6 - Breakfast served in bed and number 67 - Cook your significant other’s’ favorite meal.

The only ones i wouldnt do or don't apply to me are Number 35 - Bring him a cold beer while he watches football, doesn't work for me cause i don't drink and watch football as an in the background thing, and number 51 - Step outside of traditional gender roles to help each other (Cook dinner for her; take the trash out for him), as i already cook a lot and will be cooking for my partner and we might even cook together Very Happy and none sound silly (unless i overlooked some lol)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

3Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 am

Pearly

Pearly
Yeah, but #35 could apply to you as in: Bring him a cold Red Bull while he plays L4D, or something in that vein

http://selectstartmedia.net

4Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
Pearly wrote:Yeah, but #35 could apply to you as in: Bring him a cold Red Bull while he plays L4D, or something in that vein

Well yeah, but i don't drink Red Bull either, but i do play games often.

Maybe it should be interpret as bringing him refreshments when playing games as well Razz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

5Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:07 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
A note under the pillow is too corny imo, in fact any romantic note in general seems silly to me. Sending a sms to the person when you can't see them is fine, but giving them notes when you could just tell them yourself seems silly to me.

Breakfast served in bed is always good, I would like that. I think that would have to be my favourite, but I would prefer to not have the breakfast in my bed lol. I don't really want crumbs and **** potentially falling all over my bed, that's unhygienic. Bed should be kept for only sleep and sex imo, but making breakfast for the other person is always good.

A romantic picnic indoors seems stupid, wtf is that even supposed to mean!? Eating on the floor on a picnic rug inside your house? That is the most stupid thing that I have ever heared of, picnics are supposed to be outdoors and I would prefer to eat at the table indoors. A romantic picnic outdoors would be good though or just a romantic dinner.

Pouring on the chivalry is overrated and silly imo.

A bubble bath with rose petals everywhere is too much work and too much of a mess to clean up afterwards and I would personally prefer not to have a bath with plants, I could swim in a river for that. A bubble bath with candles and without the rose petals is good though, as long as the candles aren't going to create a fire hazard.

An "I love you because" list seems too corny and silly and it seems to me like what a couple would do for marriage counselling. Its better just to tell the person that you love them, there is no need for stupid notes or lists or whatever crap.

PDA is alright, but you don't have to do that to show your love to the rest of the world. There is a limit imo, people don't like too see too much of that.

Heart shaped pancakes and cookies are corny as well, I would prefer normal pancakes and cookies, they'll be just as good.

"A handwritten card sprayed with your scent" sounds very wrong to me, is that supposed to mean pissing on the card lmao. We are not skunks...

Renewing marriage vows is stupid imo.

"Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper" is also stupid.

"Use cute pet names for each other" is also stupid and that would have to be my least favourite. I think I would be more disgusted by that if anything, my name is good enough.

"Rub your noses together" is also stupid... We are not dogs.

"Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”)" is also stupid.

"Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower" is also stupid.

Creating a scrapbook together is boring.

The rest are alright.

6Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
"A handwritten card sprayed with your scent" means that you spray the cologne or perfume you usually wear on it, not pee lol.

10: don't complain when he leave the toilet seat up. That is not a sign of affection, because leaving the toilet seat up is really unheigenic. Because when you flush a toilet without the lid on, particles of the stuff that was IN in the toilet are now all over the room. Disgusting.

13: I disagree with this one, but I've explained my thoughts on this one in other threads

23: I wouldn't really find this romantic or anything, mainly because I'd have to bury my face in the card to smell it (my sense of smell is pretty crap)

30: is what friends should do, let alone your partner

34: is meh because I'm picky about what I use

41: I don't think boasting is ever good. Especially if your mutual friend/s are single, because it's like rubbing it in - I have a S/O and you don't na na nana

55: laaame

62: weird

Many of these should just be staple to any relationship: 75, 63, 57, 56, 46, 33, 30 etc etc

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

7Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:43 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
/agreed

8Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:14 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Just copied Martin post and I will make my comments on it in yellow.

A note under the pillow is too corny imo, in fact any romantic note in general seems silly to me. Sending a sms to the person when you can't see them is fine, but giving them notes when you could just tell them yourself seems silly to me.
James has done this for me and I have done it for him. What is more romantic in telling someone you love them when you aren't even there in person? Finding a hidden love note is fun and loving because it is a nice surprise and they have gone to the effort to do that for you.

Breakfast served in bed is always good, I would like that. I think that would have to be my favourite, but I would prefer to not have the breakfast in my bed lol. I don't really want crumbs and **** potentially falling all over my bed, that's unhygienic. Bed should be kept for only sleep and sex imo, but making breakfast for the other person is always good.
Yes, that is why you change the sheets...

A romantic picnic indoors seems stupid, wtf is that even supposed to mean!? Eating on the floor on a picnic rug inside your house? That is the most stupid thing that I have ever heared of, picnics are supposed to be outdoors and I would prefer to eat at the table indoors. A romantic picnic outdoors would be good though or just a romantic dinner.
James and I had to have a picnic indoors once because I had made it all up and it was rainy. It was fun Smile
Though, imagine if you had a fireplace. A picnic in front of the fireplace is fun.

Pouring on the chivalry is overrated and silly imo.
I don't think it is, as I have explained earlier

A bubble bath with rose petals everywhere is too much work and too much of a mess to clean up afterwards and I would personally prefer not to have a bath with plants, I could swim in a river for that. A bubble bath with candles and without the rose petals is good though, as long as the candles aren't going to create a fire hazard.
How about if your significant other wanted that? Going to lots of trouble shows you care.

An "I love you because" list seems too corny and silly and it seems to me like what a couple would do for marriage counselling. Its better just to tell the person that you love them, there is no need for stupid notes or lists or whatever crap.
Telling them why you love them can be such an emotion booster, although I wouldn't do it as a list. I'd be more creative than that.

PDA is alright, but you don't have to do that to show your love to the rest of the world. There is a limit imo, people don't like too see too much of that.
Yes, there is a limit for PDA, but what is a wedding? Showing your love to the rest of the world.

Heart shaped pancakes and cookies are corny as well, I would prefer normal pancakes and cookies, they'll be just as good.
Effort wins.

"A handwritten card sprayed with your scent" sounds very wrong to me, is that supposed to mean pissing on the card lmao. We are not skunks...
Your perfume in a card means they have a little piece of you with them.

Renewing marriage vows is stupid imo.
I'd be willing to do this. Even though marriage vows are supposed to mean forever, getting up on the alter a second time proves deep love and it is just something fun to do. With something like 2 out of 3 marriages failing these days, seeing someone renew their vows is amazing.

"Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper" is also stupid.
Same as the note thing

"Use cute pet names for each other" is also stupid and that would have to be my least favourite. I think I would be more disgusted by that if anything, my name is good enough.
Definitely not. I reserve those for Missy because she is my baby. The only other name I call James is Darling and he says, "My poor Baby" when I hurt myself. hahaha

"Rub your noses together" is also stupid... We are not dogs.
It's called an Eskimo kiss and it is fun.

"Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”)" is also stupid.
Definitely not.

"Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower" is also stupid.
Same as notes.

Creating a scrapbook together is boring.
I just do this by myself. Razz

I will go through the ones I really like later Razz

9Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
1. A kiss on the forehead <3
2. Uninterrupted quality time <3
3. A note under the pillow <3
4. Tell him when he looks masculine, sexy, or hot <3
5. Turn a regular day into an All-About-You day just for your mate <3
6. Breakfast served in bed <3
7. A romantic picnic indoors <3
8. An unexpected dinner cruise <3
9. Propose marriage on one knee <3<3
11. A rose on the pillow <3
12. Tell her she’s beautiful <3<3<3
13. Pour on the chivalry (open doors, pull her chair out) <3
14. A bubble bath with rose petals and her favorite scented candles <3
15. Verbalize what your relationship means to you <3
16. Surprise her with her favorite flowers and candy <3
17. An “I love you because…” list <3
18. PDA (public displays of affection) <3<3
19. Heart shaped pancakes or cookies <3
20. A walk in the park together <3
21. Hold your beloved a little tighter and longer than usual <3<3
22. Do some of his/her chores <3
23. A handwritten card sprayed with your scent <3<3
24. Spoil each other <3
25. Renew your marriage vows <3
26. Be first to say “I’m sorry” after an argument <3<3
27. Personalize (i.e. engrave) gifts <3
28. Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper <3
29. Send a surprise gift to his/her workplace <3<3<3
30. Support each other’s dreams <3<3<3
31. Make love slowly, passionately <3
32. Run his bath water <3
33. Give your spouse space when needed <3
34. Buy her feminine hygiene products (before she asks) <3<3
35. Bring him a cold beer while he watches football <3
36. Put a love note in her purse <3<3
37. Hold hands <3<3<3
38. Take showers together and wash each other’s back (or whole body) <3
39. Look deeply into your lover’s eyes <3<3<3
40. Always kiss goodbye and goodnight <3<3<3
41. Boast about your mate and your relationship to mutual friends <3
42. Arrange for a babysitter so you can have an unexpected date night <3
43. Say how much you love each other even if you think it’s known <3<3<3
44. Use cute pet names for each other - NOOOO
45. Rub your noses together <3
46. Remember to say thank you (often) <3<3<3
47. Excuse each other’s mistakes <3<3<3
48. Meditate together <3
49. Sleep in his t-shirt <3
50. Wash her hair <3<3
51. Step outside of traditional gender roles to help each other (Cook dinner for her; take the trash out for him) <3<3
52. Verbally reassure your lover <3
53. Take photographs as a couple <3<3<3
54. Give up the last piece of food on your plate <3
55. Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”) = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
56. Listen more intently <3<3<3
57. Flirt with each other <3<3
58. Sing your significant other a love song <3
59. Get up early to help him/her get ready for work <3
60. Say “I adore you” <3<3<3
61. Watch a chic flick with her <3<3
62. Kiss your mate somewhere you never thought to kiss before (i.e. elbow, knee, toe) <3<3<3
63. Initiate affection (hugs, kisses, spooning) <3<3<3
64. Take good care of yourself so that you’re at your best for the one you love <3<3
65. A handmade gift or card <3<3<3
66. Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower <3<3<3
67. Cook your significant other’s’ favorite meal <3<3
68. Feed each other chocolate covered strawberries <3
69. Cuddle by the fireplace <3<3
70. Laugh and have fun with each other <3
71. Rub his/her feet <3<3
72. Create a scrapbook together <3
73. Start a hobby together <3<3
74. Dance indoors to your favorite song <3<3<3
75. Ask about each other’s day <3<3<3

10Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:55 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lol I like your rating system Emilia.

11Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:46 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Why, thank you Razz

12Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I'm stealing Emilia's rating system Razz But I'm changing it slightly, I'm gonna use a 1-5 likert scale instead, where 1 = over my dead body and 5 = I'll love you forever

1. A kiss on the forehead

2. Uninterrupted quality time

3. A note under the pillow

4. Tell him when he looks masculine, sexy, or hot

5. Turn a regular day into an All-About-You day just for your mate

6. Breakfast served in bed

7. A romantic picnic indoors

8. An unexpected dinner cruise

9. Propose marriage on one knee

N/A

11. A rose on the pillow

12. Tell her she’s beautiful

13. Pour on the chivalry (open doors, pull her chair out)

14. A bubble bath with rose petals and her favorite scented candles

15. Verbalize what your relationship means to you

16. Surprise her with her favorite flowers and candy

17. An “I love you because…” list

18. PDA (public displays of affection)

19. Heart shaped pancakes or cookies

20. A walk in the park together

21. Hold your beloved a little tighter and longer than usual

22. Do some of his/her chores

23. A handwritten card sprayed with your scent

24. Spoil each other

25. Renew your marriage vows

26. Be first to say “I’m sorry” after an argument

27. Personalize (i.e. engrave) gifts

28. Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper

29. Send a surprise gift to his/her workplace

30. Support each other’s dreams

31. Make love slowly, passionately

32. Run his bath water

33. Give your spouse space when needed

34. Buy her feminine hygiene products (before she asks)

35. Bring him a cold beer while he watches football

36. Put a love note in her purse

37. Hold hands

38. Take showers together and wash each other’s back (or whole body)

39. Look deeply into your lover’s eyes

40. Always kiss goodbye and goodnight

41. Boast about your mate and your relationship to mutual friends

42. Arrange for a babysitter so you can have an unexpected date night
N/A

43. Say how much you love each other even if you think it’s known

44. Use cute pet names for each other

45. Rub your noses together

46. Remember to say thank you (often)

47. Excuse each other’s mistakes

48. Meditate together

49. Sleep in his t-shirt

50. Wash her hair

51. Step outside of traditional gender roles to help each other (Cook dinner for her; take the trash out for him)

52. Verbally reassure your lover

53. Take photographs as a couple

54. Give up the last piece of food on your plate

55. Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”)

56. Listen more intently

57. Flirt with each other

58. Sing your significant other a love song

59. Get up early to help him/her get ready for work

60. Say “I adore you”

61. Watch a chic flick with her

62. Kiss your mate somewhere you never thought to kiss before (i.e. elbow, knee, toe)

63. Initiate affection (hugs, kisses, spooning)

64. Take good care of yourself so that you’re at your best for the one you love

65. A handmade gift or card

66. Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower

67. Cook your significant other’s’ favorite meal

68. Feed each other chocolate covered strawberries

69. Cuddle by the fireplace

70. Laugh and have fun with each other

71. Rub his/her feet

72. Create a scrapbook together

73. Start a hobby together

74. Dance indoors to your favorite song

75. Ask about each other’s day

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

13Ways to Show Affection Empty Re: Ways to Show Affection Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:53 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Ways to Show Affection Tumblr_laoc7lkLD71qb6t6wo1_500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum