Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty PS3 Move (motion controller) Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Sony has unveiled their latest "new idea" (obviously no one has done this one before).

The way it works seems like a good idea, combining it with a eyetoy camera thing, but i noticed one thing.

This is the Move:

PS3 Move (motion controller) Move_610x406

and this is Emily v's desktop:

PS3 Move (motion controller) File

Notice the comparison to his screwdriver? I think even Dr. Who got into this sorta technology before Sony did Very Happy

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

2PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I'd much prefer a sonic screwdrive to a PS3 move thing. PS3 Move (motion controller) Icon_lol

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

3PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
sonic screwdrivers aren't real though, so you would just be getting a normal screwdriver instead of playstation move emily, good choice lmao

4PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:41 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Haha, yeah I still think so.

5PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:43 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
what is the sonic screwdriver?

6PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
It's a device that the Doctor uses and basically, does everything. It unlocks and opens doors/hatches, it fixes computer based things, it can disable the Silurian ray guns, I've seen it spew money out of an ATM, cut rope, scans lifeforms for various information etc.

Basically you point and press a button and it lights up, makes a noise and then the door opens. Much cooler than the PS3 Move PS3 Move (motion controller) Icon_razz

PS3 Move (motion controller) Sonic_screwdriver

Mainly it's used as a plot device to get the Doctor in or out of any situation, except when the writer decides he wants to get him into a predicament, in which case the screwdriver will conveniently not work.

7PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:05 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
If such a thing existed, you wouldn't be able to use it to disable Silurian ray guns, since I don't think you ever encounter them in your daily life Emily, but the apparent ability to be able to open any door by just pointing the screwdriver at the door seems very handy, so i guess it would be a better choice than the PS3 Move. How is it supposed to be able to fix computer based things, do you just point it at the device and it magically fixes it and what exactly do you mean when you say that it fixes a device. Does it make sure that the device does its prescribed function properly, if so, it would have to keep up with all new technology and know exactly how everything works to be able to fix anything or does it just happen to be able to read your mind and make the device do what you want it to do. Making money spew out of an ATM seems very useful, I would want it if that was its only function, but every ATM has security cameras now, you would have to watch out for the security cameras while you are stealing money from ATMs with this magic screwdriver. But, I guess if the magic screwdriver can apparently fix any computer based thing, then it could also break them, so you could just point the screwdriver at the security cameras and disable the cameras. Also, how does this device cut rope and what exactly do you mean when you say that the magic screwdriver can scan lifeforms for various information, what information exactly does it give you and how does it give you this information, does it bring up a holographic screen or does it just plug directly into your brain and transfer the info directly to you.

In other words, this sonic screwdriver, is the biggest load of **** that I have ever heared of and it has only decreased my opinion of the tv show.

8PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Haha Martin. You're reading way too much into it. Nobody knows how it works except the Doctor.

It doesn't have a screen, it's more primitive than that. He was scanning for Huon particles once (I don't remember what they are though) and the noise changed when he aimed it at Donna, which meant that she had huon particles in her.

And yes, the screwdriver disables/breaks security cameras.

I don't know how it magically changes the function of computers, only that I know that it does. The doctor has taken a mobile phone and made it work so that it can call people from all over the universe.

It doesn't read the owner's mind, it has settings, dyou see the buttons? Something to do with those.

9PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I don't need to know how it works, I just need to know what it does and how it does it and how you make it do things, if you want it, you would need to know these things to be able to use it. Otherwise, it would be useless and you would be better of with the Playstation Move. Its like getting an alien device that turns rock into gold, you can't use it if you don't know how. So, this device can't scan lifeforms for various information, it can only tell you if something has Huon particles in it by making a noise. This raises the question of what huon particles are and why somebody would need to know if a life form has huon particles in it and also making a noise seems pretty useless, it would be more useful if the device told you the concentration of huon particles within the lifeform because simply telling you if something has huon particles in it, seems like useless information to me, something could have huon particles in it, but such a negligible amount, that those particles would be irrelevant, or does the life form have to have a minimum concentration of huon particles in it for the magic screwdriver to make this specific noise or does it make different noises for different levels of huon particles. Oh so it has buttons now, that seems a lot more easier to use now, provided that the magic screwdriver comes with an instruction manual. You never specifically said that it ever had buttons, so I just assumed that it didn't have buttons because screwdrivers don't have buttons, this also raises the question of why the **** it is called a sonic screwdriver in the first place, it seems to have no similarity at all to the normal screwdriver.

10PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
You can see the buttons in the picture, I shouldn't need to explain the fact that it has buttons when you can see it.

The huon particles were dangerous somehow, I can't really remember. And yes, it made a different noise for the different levels - the frequency got higher or lower.

It also works as a screwdriver, as in it can screw in screws, plus it kind of looks like one.

If I had one, I could only get one off the Doctor (or River Song), and they would show me how to use it.

11PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Ok then. That makes sense. I thought that picture that you posted is just of that silly pen that you have, not the real sonic screwdriver on doctor who lol.

12PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:38 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
No lol, the screwdriver I have is the exact same as the one in the show, only with plastic join lines haha.

13PS3 Move (motion controller) Empty Re: PS3 Move (motion controller) Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:09 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
ah ok

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum