Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Are you a virgin?

Losing your virginity - Page 2 I_vote_lcap49%Losing your virginity - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 49% [ 20 ]
Losing your virginity - Page 2 I_vote_lcap51%Losing your virginity - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 51% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 41

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Pearly

Pearly
But, for example, what if it's all consensual and they believe that they're in love at, say, 13?

http://selectstartmedia.net

27Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Well, its against the law, so no, its not right, its never right to break the law.

28Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Religious I might be, but I have nothing against sex before marriage, what I disagree with is how people don't always treat sex as something as meaningful as I feel it should be.

The age restriction on sex is mostly the attempt to put a maturity on it, an age when kids might be mature enough to handle the decision for themselves, and the age of maturity is highly debatable and varies from individuals. I'm not entirely sure about the legal age of sex but I wish we would teach our kids about things like love and meaning and sex in school, yeah I got taught about sex, but it was a technical point of view, nothing about an emotional level.

Don't see the point of either teaching them nothing, or the churches rules, neither work for the majority of today's society in my opinion, people need to know why just as much as what, if not more.

29Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:12 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
When i was young it seemed that life was soo wonderful, a miracle.
Oral is god. Nuff said.
Coincidentally Oral sex, is actually, wait for it, SEX!
Losing your virginity doesnt havnt to be to that special some one, i could go down to local hillman open house and lose it if i wanted too, but i dont like herpes's.
And pearly, if your ready, any age.. just dont get caught.

30Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:32 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah miniman's right, if you're ready, you could have sex at any age really, its not like the police can really control that law much anyway. As I said, that law was only really created to define what statutory rape is and oral doesn't count as sex imo miniman. Schools could try to teach teenagers about love and meaning and all that John, but I think that would be pretty useless. You can't really teach what love is anyway, you have to experience it for yourself. Its better that schools just stick to the facts and tell them what is important and besides, parents could just explain what love and meaning is to their children, the schools shouldn't have to do that.

31Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Yeah love and sex in context is a parenting issue, not something that teachers should have to be telling kids.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

32Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I think that Year 10 day thing we did was good. That was an independent group of people talking to us about it. They can throw love in there.

Just the woman talking about her monthly cycles and when she has sex with her husband grossed me a bit.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

33Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:39 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Well I do believe that kids should be taught about sex in high school during health classes, as they are taught, but just the main details of it and how it works and the consequences of having sex etc. So that kids are aware of everything that they should know, but love and feelings should be left aside. Teaching health isn't about religion or feelings, its about making the kids aware of health related issues and that's what they are doing.

34Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
But they should know the real reason why they are having sex too.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

35Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Independent? They were a Christian group who showed us pictures of aborted foetuses. My small group leader person told us "use condoms", and that was about it. They didn't teach us how to use said condoms, or what to expect from sex or anything useful (except contraception statistics and stds).

36Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:44 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Why else would you have sex?
Horny, hormonally imbalanced teens experimenting?
If it loves its a bonus!

37Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:50 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
People don't need to be taught why they have sex Emilia, I'm sure that they can work that out for themselves when the time comes lol and you're right Emily, they could've teached how to use a condom and what sex is like etc. but that wouldn't make much sense in a Catholic school, where you're not supposed to have sex until you're married, according to the Catholic religion. That is rather ironic, they should've taught how to use a condom properly and yet if they would, they would probably get told off about it because its a Catholic school. It doesn't really matter anyway because there is always the internet.

38Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
They were good like that though Martin, they didn't tell us to be abstinent, they just said "you shouldn't have sex, but if you do, then use a condom". It's not thaat much better, but better nonetheless.

39Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:20 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yep. I agree with you, they were good.

40Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I would have been less traumatised if they didn't show us photos of aborted babies though. That was horrific.

41Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:43 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I thought that was cool and awesome. It didn't detest me from sex at all, it just fascinated me lol

42Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
It didn't really deter me from sex either - I mean in year ten I could barely talk to guys let alone have sex with one lol, so the whole thing was mostly irrelevant to me. But I walked out of there saying "I am NEVER EVER having an abortion EVER", which I think was the reaction the people were going for...

43Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:50 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
hmm yeah, you're probably right. It did make me more aware of how bad and disgusting abortion can be, but it didn't detest me from the idea of abortion either, I mean if someone needs to do it, they need to do it.

44Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Yeah, I'm not as against them now as I was then.

45Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:37 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
People need to be taught why they do just about everything Martin.

Knowledge and understanding are highly important.

46Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:39 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Rod A into Hole B, how hard is that?
What is there to know?
when you playing beaver with the pink canoe, that takes skill :3

47Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Anon

Beaver? Pink canoe?

48Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:08 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
lolmuffins

49Losing your virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing your virginity Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
It's not sex, it's vagina aided masturbation!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum