Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:02 am

launcelot335

launcelot335
Forum Friendly
wii should sooo have a smash bro's party! id be in for that, we could even do a tournament with prizes and stuff.

soul, i loved melee! but i havnt played it in ages.

Fav char: i gotta say, throughout all the games ive used kirby as a younger kid, but samus, link and then fox as my age has increased... ive got a lot of experience with all of them, so really i choose character based on what the other three people choose.

least fav character: i dont dislike any of the characters... the big slow moving ones just dont fit my play style, and some characters are stupidly over powered (*cough* sonic *cough*) but again, there are characters to counteract cirtain advantages other characters my have.

the only mention i will make here, is sonic, and im not sure that i dislike him, but i cirtainly dislike other people playing him. its crazy that i read that john and tizzy think that sonic is under rated... cause everyone i know damnwell plays him because of his stupid speed. ironically, the only real counter i can use for sonic, is pokemon trainer, which is stupidly slow. his final smash is REDONKULOUS! its pickachu's final smash on speed?! the reason pika's was slow, was because making it fast would make it to over powered... when i first played sonic i died a little inside because of that. never the less, he is still damn fun to play...

favorite map: final destination, no places to hide, no stage interaction. just a flat base to fight it out on.

underated characters: ive got a few for this one;
peach: using her arse bomb attack she does stupid ammounts of damage and a two shot sheild break. even with a dodge she is still quicker than your attack just turning around and doing the same arse bomb the other way.

Fox: my personal favorite, and its purly because of that side b attack. if your playing on a long stage, you pretty much just spam that, and when you do get hit or having something fired at you, reflect... though, i wouldnt really say that he is an underrated character, just not a lot of people use him.

Pokemon Trainer:a lot of people dont play PKT because charizard has no good moves and is stupidly slow, where as the other two are just wayyy to weak damage wise, but PKT has the rediculous ability to switch out at any moment during the combo, i once had a match when i doged sonic's final smash, like a million times, just by timing the pokeball changes right.

item: depends on the character... link with lightsaber is amazing and raygun with fox. but really i think more about the items being used agaisnt me, lot of projectiles, go with a reflect char or an absorber... when your playing with nothing but home run bats, speed characters with move attacks, and preferably a ranged attack would be your best bet Razz

(yeah, i played this game a lot as a child)

kevlar if we get this party going Wink its on Wink

kev if we get this party idea going, i cant wait to vs you Wink

27Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 am

Soul

Soul
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
Actually Rock Smash is ridiculous powerful but it's true the speed is awful. Actually though, if you use PKT, here's a strategy for him.

Start with Ivysaur. If your opponent does alot of jumping/flying bullet seed him repeatedly. The instant ivysaur gets tired skip over Charizard and go to Squirtle. Spam the crud out of Rapid Spin (Side attack) an Surf (Up attack) Once the opponent's at 150% dmg, Char's Rock Smash is a sure fire Home-Run Bat Equal AND does crazy damage if you're in closed places i.e custom fields. Another one is to just spam Ivysaur's Razorleaf and Charizard's Flamethrower then side smash with Charizard for insta-throw. It's the easiest way to lay a smackdown on speedfreaks Sonic and Toon Link.

Last edited by Soul on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

http://voydforums.forumotion.net/forum

28Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:10 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I want to have a party, but I honestly can't play Super Smash Brothers for very long. It gets boring. I prefer to switch games. I'm at the point where I have overplayed it.

My favourite thing to do is make levels. With the limited about of stuff you are given, I have made some decent ones.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

29Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:13 am

Soul

Soul
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
I made one called Galactica that's like a platform or two and all spikes at the bottom. Whenever fam's over, we play there and I use the most immune charactr you can get; Pit! Pit's flying ability is crazy good, especially in places where the only way to loes is to be thrown down i.e the newer DK equal of the Ice-Climbers original mountain. I just turn on stamina, play there and fly around until they die. Also, to use Pit in Hyrule is deadly to everyone else because it's darn near IMPOSSIBLE to hit him unless he's close there since it's the largest map in the game.

http://voydforums.forumotion.net/forum

30Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:48 pm

launcelot335

launcelot335
Forum Friendly
well em, what if we have a gaming night, where we source all the consoles we can find and a few tv's... set up what ever and have torunaments between all the spectrum members? SSBB can just be one of the games avaliable...?

GH (maybe, it depends if people here like guitar hero...)
SSBB
omg... that dragonball z game i have, its fantastic if you wanna do compititions...
mariokart?
and a shooter if you think that would work?

and what ever else you can think of that has good gaming potential at parties...

i seriously think that this should happen =]

31Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Wrath7777

Wrath7777
Getting Known
What is the character that you choose to play over every other?
I IS BOWSER RAWR!

What character do you hate the most?
every one else than Bowser, Fox and Link

What is your favourite map?
dont really care

What is your favourite item?
the smash icon as bowser

What character do you think is secretly powerful and overlooked?
Kirby

32Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:08 am

Grunt Attack

Grunt Attack
Double Century
What is the character that you choose to play over every other?
Yoshi of course. Too awesome , I have been using him for 12 years now.
What character do you hate the most?
LINK , Yoshi's weakness Sad
What is your favourite map?
Yoshi's island from Melee.Include best ringtone for your phone.
What is your favourite item?
Beam Sword just like Stupid Mario Brothers
What character do you think is secretly powerful and overlooked?
Pikachu he so fast

33Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official GE:S Clan Member
Favorite Entry in Smash Series is Melee. I played that game TO DEATH...and I liked smacking people with my ass as peach...best move ever...

Favorite character is Kirby. Been playing with him since original smash bros and unless they change him drastically in the next one, he will still be my main character. I don't need no damn copy abilities to beat you wit Kirby...

Hated character is Wolf. We already had a Fox clone with Falco, we didn't need another clone that was EXACTLY the same as the last. THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME FINAL SMASH! Falco was fine...why did we need Wolf?!? WHYYYYY!!!!!

Runner up most hated is Sonic. It was cool to see him added, but he's practically worthless with only 2 special attacks (spring doesn't count). Not to mention there is a reason his Final Smash was banned at tourneys...

Favorite level is Onett from Melee...it's just plain good...

Least favorite level is New Pork City from Brawl. It was waaaay too big...

Favorite Overlooked Character is Roy from Melee. He was my main in Melee and I loved him. Then we got Ike instead for brawl. BOOO!!!

Roy > Marth

Runner up for this category is Dr. Mario from Melee. He was a welcomed clone if you ask me...

Character I wish got more face time in Brawl is Zero Suit Samus. Why didn't she get her own Character portrait on the select screen? We have 3 of the same character (fox, wolf and falco) getting their own icons but not Zero Suit Samus? That is huge BS if you ask me. The worst thing is that Zero Suit Samus is VERY different from regular Samus. SHE DESERVED HER OWN CHARACTER ICON! WHY DO I HAVE TO HOLD R TO SELECT HER!!!

Character that got the worst nerf is Mario. The new Down + B is completely worthless. It was better when it was the tornado...

Favorite item is Home Run Bat. We all remember the first time we smacked an opponent out of the map with the HRB...it's a classic...

Least Favorite Item is the Smash Ball. Final Smashes were a huge mistake and should have never been added...

Favorite Smash Memory is playing the original with my friends on Hyrule Castle. Those were the days...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum