Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ps3 or Xbox360

Ps3 or Xbox360 I_vote_lcap70%Ps3 or Xbox360 I_vote_rcap 70% [ 7 ]
Ps3 or Xbox360 I_vote_lcap30%Ps3 or Xbox360 I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Choose your favorite.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

2Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 am

NathanB

Forum Friendly
Hands Down PS3 comon it has so many features 2 it..... u can use it at a Blueray player, which can connect to ur pc, it has 1080p games.

3Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Out of this list, I have to choose PS3 because it is just a better developed console.

The only good thing about Xbox > Halo

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am

Pearly

Pearly
I haaaate Halo, so overrated and boring.

Don't really care about PS3's BluRay player. The win things about PS3 are:
Free online gaming
Built in wireless adapter
Heavy Rain
and the graphics just seem to look better - all the FFXIII screens I've seen look better on the PS3

http://selectstartmedia.net

5Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Xbox imo. Just has way better games. Only games on PS3 I would buy are Heavy Rain, Motorstorm(that is wicked) and Little Big Planet. I used to be a full on consolefag with all the warring, but now I like every console for it's best features. Except the wii. Never the wii.
PS3 seems a lot more polished and shiny with it's games than 360, but 360 seems to have a much easier control system with it's analog stick placements. Mind you, the analog sticks are the only thing that is different between the controllers now. PS3 stole the triggers and 360 stole the bumpers. Seriously, no original ideas?

Also, I don't like it when people think of 360 as just xbox = halo. There are stacks of awesome other exclusives on 360 that are much better than halo.
If I had the money, I would buy a PS3 and get the best of both worlds tbh.

6Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Fade wrote:

Also, I don't like it when people think of 360 as just xbox = halo.

I don't like you either.

and Wii = win. PARTY GAMES

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

7Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
I like every console but my fav is the ps3 just for the fact that all the games i like are usually on the ps3 not the xbox360.

8Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 am

Pearly

Pearly
What's wrong with the Wii? It's more of an innovation than the other two put together, and it's worth its price alone just for Zelda and Mario games. Not to mention Dead Space Extraction and Red Steel 2 (can't wait)

9Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 am

Hopdiddy

Hopdiddy
Double Century
hmm
well i have an xbox360, i recon xboxes, they have better net connections Very Happy

10Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Pearly

Pearly
That you get by:
1) Paying $100 or threading a LAN cable alllll the way to wherever your XBOX may be to get the connection going
and then
2) Paying $100 (ish) a year for an XBOX LIVE subscription?
That's the main turn-off for me with XBOXs.

11Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Bobo72a [OWS]

Bobo72a [OWS]
Forum Friendly
The way I see it,

PS3
-Blu Ray
-Free Online
-Disgaea
-Heavy Rain
-Katamari
-Little Big Planet
-MAG
-Uncharted
-Wipeout

-Halo
-Perfect Dark XBLA
-Geometry Wars
-Fable
-Backwards Compatability
-Gears of War
-Shadow Complex
-Rez HD
-Better Controller IMO

I bought a 360 a year back when they made the price drop so I could play Rock Band, and I'm still not sure if I should have picked PS3 instead. Both systems have their exclusives that I want to play. Maybe I should just get them both Razz

12Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Pearly

Pearly
Yeah, the 360 has a better controller imo as well, but not by much. And the backwards compatibility is good too, the PS3 really should have it as well. I think the early ones had it, didn't they? But, apart from the free internet, I just prefer the PS3 exclusives, especially Heavy Rain and Uncharted. Fable is the only Xbox exclusive that really hooks me - I have GoW on PC, and didn't really like it enough to care about a second one. Plus, I have Perfect Dark on 64, Perfect Dark: Source on PC, and have been thinking about getting Geometry Wars on PC.

13Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 am

Bobo72a [OWS]

Bobo72a [OWS]
Forum Friendly
Yeah, some of the early PS3s had it, I'm not sure why they dropped it. Cost maybe? You should also wait until/if they release Geometry Wars 2 for PC, it's a much better buy than the first one.

On a side note, I just tried to play Heavy Rain drunk a few hours ago and that was the worst idea ever. You know how when you fail at things in some games and you die in a spectacular way so that you're not so mad as you are amazed? Well when you're drunk and trying to brush your teeth or throw a basketball and you keep failing you just more and more pissed off until you ragequit.

14Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:26 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Wii is such a fail gaming console XD
Sure, the controls are all new and advanced and I'm sure they don't get boring or annoying to use........
The games on Wii are just plain terrible. Only game there worth a damn is Twilight Princess. Wii is more of a heavily modified last-generation console than an advanced gaming system leading the way into the future of gaming. It's a small child's toy box, basically, because they can jump around and have lots of fun with the generic games that a rock at the bottom of a lake full of turds could master. I played Red Steel 1, and it was slow, simple and boring. Nothing of interest in the game whatsoever. My friend and I hired it with high hopes, it looked to be by far the best game on the wii. After finishing it and crying a little, we played Indiana Jones on wii. Then we cried some more, because we realised that this game was better than red steel. Then we were glad that I had an xbox and he had a ps3 so we didn't have to put up with it.
The wii has done to Nintendo what the Aussie censorship pussies did to left 4 dead 2. They took something awesome and tore it apart until only a shell of what once was is left.
And thats why I hate the Wii.

15Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 am

Bobo72a [OWS]

Bobo72a [OWS]
Forum Friendly
I didn't even care for Twilight Princess. I got 2/3 of the way through the game and then gave up because it's exactly the same as every other Zelda ever. That series needs some new life badly. Say what you want about Wind Waker's graphics, it was definitely moving forward for the Zelda series.

The only Wii games really worth a damn are really Brawl, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and NSMBWii. No More Heroes, Galaxy, and the rest of the Nintendo mainstays are up there too, but I wouldn't really call them selling points. However, if you do have the knowhow, the wii is still an excellent homebrew console Very Happy

16Ps3 or Xbox360 Empty Re: Ps3 or Xbox360 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 pm

The Big Head

The Big Head
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
lol, I'm a pc man, so watching these console debates is just hilarious, but if i had to choose it would have to be, reluctantly, the 360. yes the ps3 is more advanced, and plays blu-ray, but it is the most expensive of the 2, has a small library of games, and online multiplayer as it stands can compete with the 360, which would be the primary reason to get an xbox.

having said that the 360 is shoddy piece of hardware, put on the market far to early, and whats worse is that you have to pay to be able to play your games online....isn't that what your internet subscription is for???

and the wii sucks ass...so much potential all reduced to stupid party games and waggling.

but hey, I'm don't worry about this rubbish, can play online without having to pay stupid subscriptions, can play blu-ray (if I ever decide to upgrade), can enjoy HD quality content and have graphics that no console can match Very Happy go PC!!!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum