Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:18 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I went to the dentist today and I found out that I need to have a filling. My first filling! Aww no!

What dental work have you had done?

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:28 am

Earthworm Jimbo

Earthworm Jimbo
Getting Known
Braces...which sucked

3Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I have had,
4 teeth pulled out (my teeth were crowded)
Braces

4Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
3 fillings while I was little. 2 teeth pulled out. Braces (current). Will be getting wisdom teeth removed when braces are gone. Might need an operation to re-align jaw. After these braces, will probably need more braces.

I inherited my mum's teeth.

5Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am

Little "Eddie"

Little
Official GE:S Clan Member
I got my braces off 3 months ago and have to wear a retainer when i go to sleep for 2 years or something like that, beforehand i had nothing major, 4 teeth removed and 1 baby tooth removed.
needles i dont mind but needles in the gums i can do without...

6Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
I got hit in the face yesterday, and because there was pressure on my cheeks, my braces cut up the inside of my mouth. Fun Fun.

7Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:07 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I had heaps of fillings when i was young..
i lsot count.. Mainly because i liked it.
Two teeth removed, again, by choice...
yeah
wierd..
Well atleast i think it was by choice, i cant remember reason, all i remember was i liked the dentist.

8Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I went and got my filling done today. It isn't bad at all. There is a TV on the roof so I was watching the Olympics whilst it was happening.

I had to get two lots of anaesthetic. By the end, I was sooo numb. He said that it would go away in 2-3 hours. It was more like 4 and a half.

I couldn't talk properly. I sounded so funny, I was actually laughing at myself ^^
So I called James and he asked if they had given me happy gas.

I was playing GE:S and the OWS people thought I was drunk and I am apparently a vicodin addict and a supplier (maybe I shouldn't go around saying I study Pharmacy)

I tried eating an apricot danish. It felt so weird...

The anaesthetic wore off all of a sudden and I was like woah! I can eat now!

9Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
lol, i never got anesthetic when i got fillings.
at least that i can remember

10Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 am

Bobo72a [OWS]

Bobo72a [OWS]
Forum Friendly
Emilia wrote:
I was playing GE:S and the OWS people thought I was drunk and I am apparently a vicodin addict and a supplier (maybe I shouldn't go around saying I study Pharmacy)

Hahaha yeah you were saying some words.

Also you typed some words in HALf CApital LETTers.

11Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
That YEh was an accident, and you know it!

And Hayden, you must have got anaesthetic, or it would have hurt like a *****

12Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
When I got my teeth pulled out, they gave me anaesthetic and it made my lip and gum feel sooooo huuuuge!!! It's the craziest feeling.

13Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah. It made my jaw feel really heavy and my lip huge.

14Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Earthworm Jimbo

Earthworm Jimbo
Getting Known
Emilia wrote:That YEh was an accident, and you know it!

Funny stuff last night with your slurred speech and Scarlet's drunken shenanigans Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Icon_lol

Nevertheless, hope you feel better soon. I remember when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out, and all I got from the dentist was Tylenol. The pain was excruciating for about 2 weeks.

15Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
hahahaha. The numbness is gone now, Thank god.

All they gave was Tylenol? Geez. That is as weak as you can get! Couldn't you have bought some stronger stuff over the counter?
(PS: For all you Aussies, Tylenol is a popular brand of paracetamol (which American's call acetaminophen) like our Panadol)

I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out. One of them is growing at a 45 degree angle into my molar. Lovely.

16Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
We've all just had a pharmacy lesson. Now I know what Tylonal is!

Sucks that they only gave you that. When I had my four wisdom teeth yanked out I was told to have something stronger. I can't remember exactly what (I was so out of it from the general anaesthetic) but I think it might have been ibuprofen or something. It was just over the counter medicine though.

I was also given antiseptic mouth wash.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

17Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Bobo72a [OWS]

Bobo72a [OWS]
Forum Friendly
Earthworm Jimbo [OWS] wrote: I remember when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out, and all I got from the dentist was Tylenol.

I had to get mine cut out, as I needed them gone for a jaw surgery. Afterwords they gave me codine, a strong opiate. I was on it for about a month and when I quit I went through withdrawals - nasty shakes and shivers.

And then about 2 days after I returned to high school I took a header in soccer and my stitches came out on one side. There was blood EVERYWHERE.

No part of that experience was fun for me hahahaha.

18Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Emily, I remember you were on ibuprofen and paracetamol with codeine. ^^

Bobo, were they giving you prescription codeine? I am surprised you were on it for that long. I would have imagined that you would have had to take a lower dosage gradually, to stop you from experiencing those withdrawals. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Bad luck with that soccer incident. Sounds bit scary.

Were you guys on antibiotics before your surgery?

Speaking of codeine, when I was working in a pharmacy two years ago, so many people came in requesting huge amounts of codeine. The amount that we give them, if taken correctly would last people a month or two. People came back week after week. I can't imagine what their withdrawal symptoms would be like.

19Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Emily, unless they slipped it to me without knowing, i dont remember them giving me a numbing thing for fillings.
But i do remember a needle or two for teeth removal.
And when do you get wisdom teeth?
wtf are they?

20Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Wisdom teeth are the teeth at the veeeery back of your jaw. Some people don't have them, some don't have problems with them, others have them pulled out and have major problems with them

21Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
*to stop major problems from happening.

22Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Empty Re: Random Question: Number 8: Dentist Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:34 pm

salienjb

salienjb
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
MiniMan wrote:I had heaps of fillings when i was young..
i lsot count.. Mainly because i liked it.
Two teeth removed, again, by choice...
yeah
wierd..
Well atleast i think it was by choice, i cant remember reason, all i remember was i liked the dentist.

I love the dentist too!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum