Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First game you ever played? Empty First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 am

damata_chip

damata_chip
Official GE:S Clan Member
What is the first game you remember playing?

I think the first for me was Commander Keen 4. I remember making a commander keen comic with a friend of mine in third grade, we loved that game lol. I also remember playing Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure which was a platform game featuring a small green alien with suction cup hands.

First game you ever played? Commander-keen-4-ss1First game you ever played? 256px-Cosmoscosmicadventurecover

2First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 2:15 am

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
My first ever game would have been Super Mario World (though many older games were played not long after). I was at my cousin's house for Christmas and he got a SNES, so he was totally engrossed in that. I didn't get what the big deal was, it held zero appeal for me, but I was more than happy to just play with all his cool toys (didn't your friends always have the coolest toys?). Eventually he forced me to try out the SNES, and pretty soon I was hooked. So much so I begged to stay over night that so I could play it rather than go home after dinner.

3First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 2:23 am

damata_chip

damata_chip
My parents didn't let us have a console until the ps1, and even then we didn't get it until around 1997. All my friends had consoles though, I remember playing sonic and duke nukem 3d on the sega megadrive.

4First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 2:54 am

Nastard

Nastard
Arkanoid for the Commodore 64.

5First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 7:21 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Kirby on SNES

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

6First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 am

Mickle

Double Century
Goldeneye on N64 (friends)
Crash Bandicoot PS1 (First console family could afford)

7First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 am

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
Mickle wrote:Goldeneye on N64 (friends)
Crash Bandicoot PS1 (First console family could afford)
My first console was a SNES. I had a GameBoy, then a GameBoy Color, then an N64, then I never bought another console until a few months ago when I picked up a second-hand Wii. I still have my consoles here, they still have playability. Mario All-Stars all the way! Very Happy

8First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Holy crap, I used to absolutely love Cosmo!

Dunno what my first game was but that was one of my favourites when I actually got my own PC for the first time.

I do remember we had something that what was basically a pong console.
Literally all it did was play pong. It had a switch or something that was meant to set it to different games like soccer and stuff, But it was still just basically pong lmao.

Think I'm gunna try chase down a copy of cosmo now Smile
Hopefully gog or someone has it.

edit: dammit gog didn't have it. I so forgot about the good old days of shareware though lol. I never had the full game anyway Razz

9First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 1:21 pm

damata_chip

damata_chip
self_slaughter wrote:Holy crap, I used to absolutely love Cosmo!
Think I'm gunna try chase down a copy of cosmo now Smile
Hopefully gog or someone has it.

There's an online dosbox version of it here. Got near the end of level 1, then fell in a hole and got put right back at the start. I don't have the patience that I used to have lol.

10First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
The earliest game I owned before I got my own SNES was Digger, a Pac-Man-esque game we had on an old hand-me-down Amstrad and it was a solid game! You can get a remastered version here, or just play the Java one on the site: http://www.digger.org/

First game you ever played? Digger6

Memories...

11First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm

damata_chip wrote:I think the first for me was Commander Keen 4...I also remember playing Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure which was a platform game featuring a small green alien with suction cup hands.

That's mad, those were two early gaming memories I had on DOS back in the day too. I only had Episode 1 of Cosmo though. Come to think of it the ending to that was a bit random. As I recall you spent the last level in freefall down an ever-narrowing pit until finally you land in some monster's mouth. Also the theme music was epic, haha. Keen was great fun too. I remember the green spider/monster in those Pyramid levels used to scare the crap out of me. As did Dopefish in the Well of Wishes when I first came across him.

I never owned a console (still don't either) so all my early gaming memories revolve around DOS games. Among the few I remember are the original Prince of Persia, Secret Agent, Crystal Caves, Paratrooper, LHX and Rescue Rover. My earliest memory on a console was playing Goldeneye with my cousins on their N64

12First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
Like some my parents didn't let me have a game console for ages until 'santa' left it for us and i mus have been about 11 or 12! so i count the first game i owned which was time crisis: project titan on the ps1!

13First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 am

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
Torchwood wrote:so i count the first game i owned which was time crisis: project titan on the ps1!

Was the first game you ever played though?

14First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:11 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
Yeah it'd be that one!

15First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am

Nastard

Nastard
Emilia wrote:Kirby on SNES

Which Kirby game? There were quite a few for the SNES.

16First game you ever played? Empty Re: First game you ever played? Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:35 am

SimonBenjamin

SimonBenjamin
Banjo Kazooie on the N64. I was playing that when I was in the hospital for pneumonia when I was 3. Good times Smile

http://invulnerableproductions.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum