Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dealing with Death Empty Dealing with Death Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 am

LoadingWTF

Official GE:S Clan Member
Just said goodbye to our beloved dog, Parents are taking her to the vet to be put down. It's good i guess she'd been suffering for a few months now and she's finally out of her misery.
I wasn't really ever too attached to her, but unfortunately my sister was, Much more than anyone else in the family and she isn't at home. Instead shes at camp where we can't get a hold of her. So I'm just writing this to see if anyone wants to share their sad pet death stories or leave a message.

2Dealing with Death Empty Re: Dealing with Death Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 am

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, LoadingWTF. I lost mine a few years ago too through similar ways. In my case he had cancer of some sort (think it was colon but can't really remember) and we brought him to the vet to be put down. He was only suffering on in his current state. Come to think of it, we lost our cat later on that year too. It's sad to see them go and hard to deal with at times - they're almost like another member of the family. I can only imagine how your sister will react to the news

3Dealing with Death Empty Re: Dealing with Death Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I had my baby pass away one and a half years ago. I gave her CPR, couldn't get her back. She was very sick and we let her pass naturally.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

4Dealing with Death Empty Re: Dealing with Death Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Dealing with Death I_hug_that_feel

Never had a pet die on me that wasn't a fish or hamster...

People on the other hand...where do I begin...

5Dealing with Death Empty Re: Dealing with Death Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
When I was a child I had a little puppy well three actually,I was very emotional about deaths and accidents at that day it was also one of the days that one of my cousins, died we never knew what was the reason of our puppies deaths they always look fine and then suddenly they just like gone, once when I came back home I saw one of them on the floor....breathless
The problem was we didn't have anything like vets or hospital pets or something like that in our country so I didn't know what to do so I just stared there looking at her dying after a long suffer we buried her since there wasn't anything we can do....the second one started to do the same..we had them years so yea they were like family to us we were scared that it will happen the same to the third one so we give him to one of our cousins who owned a big mansion unfortunately he disappeared after that.
We had 9 cats and three dogs they all died except one.....everytime I go to my garden is like a graveyard already...

Sorry about your pet loadingWTF,I hope you and your sister the best on what happens after it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ECL-Wheatley

6Dealing with Death Empty Re: Dealing with Death Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 am

Nastard

Nastard
I've dealt with a lot of pet deaths over the years. The most recent being my collie Sable in 2011. She wasn't able to digest food or water any more and I had to put her down myself. Really not a pleasant experience. I wanted to let her go naturally, but that involved starving and dehydrating her.

The hardest pet death for me was a little cat i had from 1995 - 2006, his name was Casper. Domestic shorthair part siamese. He was all white with pink ears and blue eyes. Exactly like one of those Japanese lucky cat statues. Being part siamese he was much more susceptible to illness than normal. The last time I saw him I was getting ready to leave for a class November 5th 2006, he was laying on his side struggling to breathe and foaming a little at the mouth. I'm no stranger to dealing with animal deaths, I work on a ranch, i've read Watership Down. However for some reason seeing Casper like that, was one of the most horrible things i've ever had to deal with.

When I got home from class that day I found out my mom had taken him to be put down. She had kept him in a box postmortem untill I got home. All I could do was wrap him in one of his favorite shirts of mine that he always enjoyed napping on and bury him in the backyard of my old house. I could name off quite a few others, but I feel like this is the one that affected me most.

Last edited by Nastard on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a "with" to "Dealing animal deaths")

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum