Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hobbit Empty The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:45 am

LoadingWTF

Official GE:S Clan Member
Who loves it, who hates it. say what you think and how you feel about it. Personally I just came back from the cinema and loved it, although i hated the ending or lack there of.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LoadingWTF on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

2The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I'm not going to be seeing the movie because I only to manage reading half of the book. Found it boring. Not interested in Lord of the Rings.

But that's just me.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 am

LoadingWTF

Emilia wrote:I'm not going to be seeing the movie because I only to manage reading half of the book. Found it boring. Not interested in Lord of the Rings.

But that's just me.

*GASP*
Must..... Contain.... Inner.. NERD!
AHHHHH

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i guess I'm just a sucker for LOTR Lore. Razz

4The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 am

Mickle

Double Century
LOTR fanboy, love medieval/magic based things and will forever.

5The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Saw it there a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Felt it drag on a bit in a few scenes however but overall it was pretty good. I liked how it linked in a bit with the LOTR trilogy at the start and how it introduced different creatures and locations from Middle Earth. Did you see it in 3D? I didn't but I imagine some parts would have been pretty cool to see especially the rock giant battle near the end.

LoadingWTF wrote:although i hated the ending or lack there of.

On the contrary I thought it was fairly good. It set the scene for The Desolation of Smaug and I guess it was meant to feel sudden like that - they did just cut the film off about a third of the way through the book

6The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
Thought it was great! probably not as good as LOTR but still really enjoyed it!

7The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 pm

MaJoR

MaJoR
Double Century
Coming from someone who never watched LOTR, I saw The Hobbit.

Saw it in 3D.

The action was pretty awesome. Story was good, even from someone who didn't read book or know LOTR correlation.

It does draw out at some parts, but lucky for me I hadn't slept the night before so I took a couple naps in the slow parts and woke up during the action(or was hit for snoring).

I will probably be seeing the other parts as they are released. In a whole, good movie.

http://davelm.com

8The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm

LoadingWTF

liamcadhain wrote:On the contrary I thought it was fairly good. It set the scene for The Desolation of Smaug and I guess it was meant to feel sudden like that - they did just cut the film off about a third of the way through the book

See i went into the film not knowing that it was going to be another trilogy, It wasn't until after the film ended that my friend sitting next to me told me it was a trilogy. Then all i thought was "UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH I'm going to have to wait like 2 more years to see the third part." So I'm just going to have to accept it it and Wait. Sad
I Definitely agree that the ending is crucial for people to come back to the franchise but i guess it was just bad timing on my end.

9The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:07 pm

LoadingWTF wrote:See i went into the film not knowing that it was going to be another trilogy, It wasn't until after the film ended that my friend sitting next to me told me it was a trilogy.

Ah, I see. Going in with that mindset so you must have thought that placing the main characters on the side of a mountain seemed like a fairly random ending to a standalone film, haha.

I can't wait for the other two though. It's a pity they have to space them so far apart, but if they're anything like this one then it'll be worth the wait imo

10The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Nastard

Nastard
I would actually like to see this. The hobbit was the only one of Tolkiens books I made it through.

11The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 am

Mickle

Double Century
Nastard wrote:I would actually like to see this. The hobbit was the only one of Tolkiens books I made it through.
Well, if you weren't able to handle LOTR, I have doubts you'd enjoy the Hobbit in trilogy format.
They're definitely spending an appropriate amount of time on lore and such, but
Spoiler:
That's one of the few noticeable lore changes I remember, I need to re-read the book before I even try to analyse it again though.

12The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 am

Nastard

Nastard
Well I enjoyed the LOTR movies, they were alright. The books just aren't my preferred reading material.

13The Hobbit Empty Re: The Hobbit Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:33 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Love me some LOTR. I just got some LOTR LEGO Sets for XMas...

I'd love to see the movie, but i'll probably wait till DVD to see it...

Also, the game Dark Souls has one of the coolest Medieval fantasy worlds and monsters ever...I want a movie from that!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum