Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spectrum Empty Spectrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official GE:S Clan Member
I made this for Spectrum. I've never liked the way the Spectrum logo text looked, so I tried to make my own. It's pixel art, but it was done freehand so it might not be pixel perfect...

Tell me what you think...

Spectrum Spectrum_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5ffsqx

I enjoyed making this so maybe you'll see more in the future, if I think of anything that could look cooler...

Took me about 1 hour 30 minutes...

2Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

That looks pretty neat. Might look a bit better though if the S was red rather than multicolored and that the T and R were bright and dark blue respectively like the current banner. Just my opinion though, it's still a nice design all the same

3Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I like the one we have now, but i also think it'd be better if the s was one colour and the light and dark blue too.

4Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Moved to suggestion box.

Thank you for creating your own logo. I love how your dedication to Spectrum is getting you creative!

My logo was originally created free hand too. Mine is based on Tetris and I wanted it to have that classic look.

Of course, over the years of Spectrum, I have not been happy with it and I have been constantly modifying it to get it to how it is now.

Look how it used to look 3 years ago!
Spectrum Spectrumedit3

I knew I could do better and the current forum logo is the best out of all of them.
Spectrum Logo-3

There has been a lot of thought thrown into my logo, including each shade of colour. So this logo is going to stay.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

5Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:04 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
A.) This wasn't a suggestion, it was a creation. There was no fan creations forum here so I put it where I put it...

B.) The S is that way because of the facebook page's logo. It's supposed to be that S...This one...

Spectrum 188167_147164988629282_1720001593_n

C.) You want a Tetris logo, I can make you a tetris logo...

D.) ART NERD ALERT: I don't see the thought in that logo. You pretty much just followed the color wheel, taking 2 liberties with colors. If you are going to include shades of colors (light blue and pinkish purple), why only those two? Using those shades kinda breaks the "spectrum" of colors...IMHO

6Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Here's Gameboy Tetris Spectrum...

Spectrum Tetris_spectrum_gb_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5fh47z

7Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Here's NES Tetris Spectrum...

Spectrum Tetris_spectrum_nes_by_shadows_at_dusk-d5fh6tm

I'm not doing anymore...they don't seem well received...

8Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
That S is the abbreviated logo. It is red in the full logo.

FELLOW ART NERD ALERT: And by colour shades, I picked the red I want, the green I want, etc etc. Those colours have changed over time. And they are what they are because I wanted every colour in the visible colour spectrum. There is not supposed to be a gradient effect, because Tetris blocks are full of one colour.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

9Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I think you are a bit insulted MisterBright, i don't think the intention was to insult you but you did ask us to tell you what you think! Also the spectrum logo will cause a lot of people to be divided so its not surprising if you said you didn't like it and yours was better that not everyone would think the same as you!

10Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:55 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Emilia wrote:That S is the abbreviated logo. It is red in the full logo.

FELLOW ART NERD ALERT: And by colour shades, I picked the red I want, the green I want, etc etc. Those colours have changed over time. And they are what they are because I wanted every colour in the visible colour spectrum. There is not supposed to be a gradient effect, because Tetris blocks are full of one colour.

Tetris blocks are full of one color, including different shades of that color to make them pop, except the GB tetris because it was in black and white. The spec logo just doesn't seem to POP to me. Like I said, I wasn't trying to get it changed, I was just giving my two cents on what I think it could look like...it wasn't a suggestion, it was fan art basically...

Gameboy Tetris Spec Logo is my favorite of the ones i've done tho...

Here's something else tetris related i've done...it was a failed TShirt design...

Spectrum Kiosk_One_by_Shadows_at_Dusk

11Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
...and here's a pixel ghostbusters logo I did...

Spectrum Ghostbusters_Logo_by_Shadows_at_Dusk

I AIN'T FRAID OF NO GHOSTS!

12Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 am

BoBo -.-

Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
yehh brahh i dont like the spectrum logo as well :L looks kinda weird tho -.- we should like put some pic about forum or idunno.... just at least more stuff tho

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum