Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1E-Sports Empty E-Sports Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 am

damata_chip

damata_chip
Official GE:S Clan Member
Does anyone else here follow e-sports (professional gaming)? It's grown a lot in the past 2 years. There's a tournament running at the moment which has a $100,000 first place prize which is pretty insane.

I watch starcraft 2 once or twice a week. Mostly the korean GSL league since it has the best players and starts around 7pm which is convenient.

2E-Sports Empty Re: E-Sports Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:01 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I have heard nothing of this before :S

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3E-Sports Empty Re: E-Sports Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 am

damata_chip

damata_chip
Official GE:S Clan Member
It's fun to watch if you know the games ^^ I think starcraft 2 is the only game with full time professional players, but LoL and Street Fighter 4 also have regular tournaments.

In South Korea pro-gaming is a recognised sport - the players live and train together in team houses and earn a salary on top of their tournament winnings.

People also hold hold "barcraft" events during tournaments. Basically its like going to a bar to watch sports except its e-sports Razz Some of the bigger ones get hundreds of people turning up, although it's still pretty small in australia. I've seen them organised in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth occasionally. Here in Brisbane we meet up to watch tournament finals occasionally but in a lecture theatre at one of the uni's instead of a bar.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum