Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:40 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official GE:S Clan Member
Anyone ever played VtM:B ?

If you haven't, I will hit you...with something very squishy...

Probably the best RPG you've never heard of...

2Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Re: Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah I recall playing through most of it a good while ago. I didn't finish though as I got too frustrated with one of the last levels on it. I think you had to break into a mansion or something, but there was a whole horde of guards there and I just never liked the combat mechanic in the game. I chose the Brujah clan probably because they seemed the most physical and combat oriented in the game, but if I was to replay it again (which I intend to at some point) I'd probably choose a more stealth oriented clan instead. I also had some texture issues with it initially which funnily enough was down to having too much RAM in my system. There was one good level in particular near the start of the game where you were in an abandoned hotel which I thought was one of the most scariest gaming experiences I've ever had to date. It was pretty messed up, like the Cradle level in Thief 3

3Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Re: Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
The hotel was great...

The game nowadays requires unofficial patches, which fix pretty much everything mostly...

4Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Re: Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am

MisterBright

MisterBright
So i finally figured out how to get this game running again after A TON of BULLSHYT...

STEP ONE: Download and install the game for STEAM, if you're like me...

STEP TWO: Download the unofficial patch and install it...

STEP THREE: Run the Resolution tool that comes with the patch to set your resolution.

STEP FOUR: PLAY

If you get these errors...

"Steam not found": Copy your Steam.dll file into your Vampire main folder

"Not Enough Memory": VtMB doesn't like you having a lot of memory. The patch should fix this.

"Steam cannot complete the action": Go into the Vampire folder and right click the .exe. In the compatibility tab, check the box for 640x480 check box. If you used the Resolution tool that comes with the patch, this box won't change the actual game's resolution and it should stay to what you set it to with the tool.

If my set up is any indication, you don't need to run the game as administrator or in compatibility mode. You also don't need STEAM to run as administrator...

Hope that helps you on future Vampire related endeavors...

5Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Re: Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 am

I wonder would that patch also help with texturing issues caused by too much RAM in the system or would I still have to jump in there and pull out 2 of my 4 memory sticks?

6Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Empty Re: Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
liamcadhain wrote:I wonder would that patch also help with texturing issues caused by too much RAM in the system or would I still have to jump in there and pull out 2 of my 4 memory sticks?

It's supposed to fix that...but i've noticed some odd things texture wise, mainly with the water effects...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum