Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KONY 2012  Empty KONY 2012 Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug

I heard about this movie on the radio 92.9 earlier this evening while driving home from work and just finished watching it. I've gotta say that I think its pretty amazing what these people are doing. This movie is very well made, even though it is only half an hour long. Its only been put on Youtube 3 days ago and already over 21 million views, pretty good. You should watch this as well.

2KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Pearly

Pearly
visiblechildren.tumblr.com. There are better ways to fix this problem; supporting a charity that only spends 30% of their income on actually helping and the rest on salary, transport and filmmaking isn't it.

Plus, the guys from this video just annoy the hell out of me. They're so self righteous, like "look how amazing we are cos we're helping people".

And they've pledged support to the equally bad South Sudanese Liberation army and the Ugandan military, who are all raping, pillaging and murdering their way across region.

http://selectstartmedia.net

3KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Mickle

Double Century
I think its useless forcing a video down everyone's throat through "sharing".
I mean, if people actually cared, they'd of learnt about this years ago and already been trying to help.
I learnt after a little research in high school, and still lack caring in regards to their cause because they're focusing on one issue, while supporting others I disagree with.

4KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah those are all valid arguments, it would be a complicated situation with no simple solution, but its still a pretty good video. I think a lot of people in the world are just not aware of these kinds of atrocities that have been happening in Africa. At least this video will bring more awareness to the kind of stuff that is going on there.

5KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I don't think this will solve very much, i think in order to bring countries like these out of such circumstances is more far reaching than taking out the head honcho. In the end i thing by helping the country to become economically viable with other countries needing their trade and them needing other country's trade a more stable and livable country will emerge. This i know is way easier said than done and the corruption of their officials is also a massive hurdle but i think that's the best long term plan so it provides a way for the people to be self reliant and not need handouts or other countries to prop them up but also make a more stable government. People like kony need to be dealt with too but he's just one man, there are many more bad ones out there.

6KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Pearly wrote:
Plus, the guys from this video just annoy the hell out of me. They're so self righteous, like "look how amazing we are cos we're helping people".

Just thinking about it, what you have said here is true Pearly. Only about 8 minutes of the video was talking about the issue itself and then the rest was about how we are going to fix it, etc. I think that if people want to get the proper understanding about it, that they have to watch the original documentary that the guy made a few years ago, but didn't get off the ground.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

7KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 am

Mickle

Double Century

8KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:15 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Joseph Kony, Africas number one effort towards reducing Child Unemployment since 1986.

9KONY 2012  Empty Re: KONY 2012 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator

This girl is implying there is nothing wrong in Uganda. There probably is. The Invisible Children sound dodgy, but that doesn't mean that Kony isn't doing the things he is. Her family must live in a rich part of Uganda, where Kony isn't going to set foot.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum