Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Confessions Empty Confessions Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

KiSM

KiSM
Double Century
so time for confessions

i agree with these confessions, infact i agree with all the views expressed in this video
warning contains moderate course language (This is Tim Minchin)

http://onegeek.tumblr.com

2Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Kangamoony

Kangamoony
Forum Friendly
Yep yep, i fully back you up here Kism, these confessions should be accepted throughout the world for what they are, and shoudn't be shunned apon if someone is to fully express these confessions.

3Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:10 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
That song is **** awesome

4Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
That song is hilarious. However, because this is in Deep and Meaningful, I'm going to break it down...

Such a serious song, then it starts talking about sexual things that make people laugh. I'm not sure if that is such a good thing or not...

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

5Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
If you want to start getting technical with regard to the meaning of the song Emily, I would have to say that I disagree with you there. If anything referring to all of those sexual things gives the song more meaning because Tim Minchin is creating a contrast between all of the pain and suffering in the world and basic selfish desire. By saying "**** I love boobs though", Tim is showing typical human nature and why the human race is so flawed in the first place. A lot of people act like they care about all of these things - sexism, poverty and the environment, but nobody really does much about it. People say they care, but fail to act and basically only care about their own desires. Its easy to talk about how sad it is that women don't have equal rights and people are dying in Africa and how we are destroying the environment, but that's as far as it will go for most of us, we all just love to have sex instead as Tim Minchin infers. If anything Tim Minchin is creating pararels in the two extremes of human nature - selfishness and selflessness. Tim Minchin is showing how a lot of us care about all of these issues, but then just do nothing about it and worry about our own desires, going on with our lives like normal, because it is easier. Just like it is easy to say that you love boobs though instead of trying to do something about these problems in the world. We all laugh at this song because we know how true it is, its easy to laugh something off then to give a damn about it.

Hopefully my ramblings here make some form of coherent sense

****, I love boobs though

6Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:02 pm

KiSM

KiSM
Double Century
well said martin

Tim minchin speaks his mind through this song, in particular the line 'we're just ******* monkeys in shoes'

http://onegeek.tumblr.com

7Confessions Empty Re: Confessions Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 am

ezql

Forum Friendly
martin wrote:.... , we all just love to have sex instead as Tim Minchin infers. If anything Tim Minchin is creating pararels in the two extremes of human nature - selfishness and selflessness. Tim Minchin is showing how a lot of us care about all of these issues, but then just do nothing about it and worry about our own desires, going on with our lives like normal, because it is easier. Just like it is easy to say that you love boobs though instead of trying to do something.....

****, I love boobs though

You spelt parrallels wrong anyway.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum