Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 10:19 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Obsidian Spawning Area Obsidi12

I was making a mine to get resources after finishing my house, and after about 60 levels I started mining forwards and ran into this cave, Naturally spawning Obsidian... If only I had a diamond pickaxe...

2Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 10:42 am

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
Haha nice, i had a spot similar to this once (the world with my long long long dungeon, you know the one, where i get lost)

and what i did was block off where the water was coming from when i had done that, where the water was with the lava it had turned to obsidian, but i havent really started to mine on my other world with the water sanctuary, i dont know where to start digging?

3Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Lol, this new world of mine I have gone simple on my buildings, my main house is 3 stories wooden planks and all the walls except 1 are glass windows, currently making a stone building to house my storage boxes, I got creeped at them.... 3 times.... So I need some defenses for it lol, the way I start mining is I find at least a 8x8 area, then start digging stairs down at least 50 floors so I am relatively close to diamond spawn zones, and just mine forwards, until I hit lava, then I turn and mine a different direction, so I dont get lose, I hate finding caverns when mining like that...

4Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 11:06 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Oh yeah, only resource I really wanted was redstone, I want to try out the vending machine :-P

5Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 11:25 am

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
yer, sounds good, im thinking of putting an underwater minecart ride under water xD haha would be good.

6Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Underwater thingo underwater? Lol, never would have guessed, but yeah, I want to try that piston thing out just because it would be sweet

7Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Pearly

Pearly
I made a nice obsidian farm in my last base, it's really quite easy.

http://selectstartmedia.net

8Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
With obsidian, it has to be the spawn lava block on flowing water right? On my last map I was creating it in locations, and that was the only combo, so I ran out of lava fast

9Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Pearly

Pearly
What I did, was I had a mine going down so I could easily access lava, and built about 7 buckets from spare iron. Built a 1x7 long corridor totally surrounded by three-level high walls, and put lava in each of the spaces in the bottom. Poured water over the top. Took a while to mine (obviously) but you can re-use it (requires getting more lava). And it looks cool if you make it from glass.

http://selectstartmedia.net

10Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Ahhhh ok, yeah mine is about a 2 minute run to my lava, I think I shall do what you say, after all, I would like to have some obsidian blocks to place at my discretion, near this obsidian spawn area, I found 8 diamonds in 1 cluster, and another 4 on the other side of it, it was quite a nice find, ontop of 2 stacks of redstone I was looking for

11Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:49 pm

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
I keep finding these hard stones that i can't mine (havent tried with a diamond pick yet) but im positive it's not obsidian, i just dont have any idea what it is >.< ??

12Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Wait... Are they down REALLY REALLY low? If yes, you have hit the bottom of the world, they look similar to gravel but have a distinct difference, it is not perfectly flat, in fact there are 2/3 levels in which those stones are scattered over, but in the end they all join to create a solid impenetrable barrier...

13Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sun May 08, 2011 1:52 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
It's called "adminium"

Very Happy

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

14Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 am

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
oh really... then my quest for diamonds must continue.. in a different direction Razz

P.S. can this "adminium" be used for anything.

15Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
Man I hate this.... I wanted to look for the wrong resource, I was looking so hard to find redstone, have 5 stacks comming out my rear, but I found lik 30 blocks of iron in total and I need like 2 stacks, when I used half for iron pickaxes for the redstone and diamonds.... Lol..... Man, I woulda thought iron would be more common then redstone

16Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sun May 08, 2011 3:55 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Nah, it can't be mined, so you can't use it.

Have you guys been to the Minecraft Wiki? It has all the information there
www.minecraftwiki.net

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

17Obsidian Spawning Area Empty Re: Obsidian Spawning Area Sun May 08, 2011 5:36 am

Myst of Fire

Getting Known
I have been there, I often use it to find crafting recipes I need

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum