Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bullying Empty Bullying Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
In light of the fact that yesterday was National Action Against Bullying and Violence day in Aussieland, I thought it could be good to have a bit of a discussion about it.

Bullying is defined as: Bullying is a form of abuse. It involves repeated acts over time attempting to create or enforce one person's (or group's) power over another person (or group) , thus an "imbalance of power".

Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever been the one doing the bullying?

I'm afraid I've done both. In primary school I was really shy, and the other kids could basically walk all over me. I learnt to stand up for myself more throughout high school but recent events have taught me I'm still learning about defending myself effectively.

I've been a bully too, though not on purpose to go out and cause harm. The main one that comes to mind is one of my old uni friends holds a grudge against this particular girl (who in all fairness is reasonably nice, if annoying), and a lot of bitching was done about her. I didn't do anything to stop them from bitching about her and sometimes joined in. I feel bad about it though.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum