Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Text Adventure Comments Empty Text Adventure Comments Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:51 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Ok, so if Martin has decided that he should go on with the story and other people haven't posted, the story should not change once someone has come back to post.

It is just too late. Everything that happens in the story can not be perfect, so if you are now laying on the ground with broken legs, that is too bad. It keeps the story interesting.

Once you write a decision, that is it. You can't go back and change your mind when the outcome is bad.

Yes, I know this is up to you Martin, but this is something you should be aware of too.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Text Adventure Comments Empty Re: Text Adventure Comments Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:27 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah I understand what you are saying Emilia, but once I looked it over it seemed like the first outcome was too harsh.

3Text Adventure Comments Empty Re: Text Adventure Comments Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 am

Muggins

Muggins
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
As an interested bystander..
..Is there a way I can get into this, or is it too late?

4Text Adventure Comments Empty Re: Text Adventure Comments Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
I'm really not seeing a problem here, we're all here for the fun of a story we all get to make up together, pretty certain martin can do whatever he wants with it, so if someone can give him a good enough reason to change something then whats the big issue?

the only issue i've seen is that martin likes to post chunky, should be smaller pieces, if theres any possibility that there might be time for something to happen between something, then he ought to stop and let us try and do so, otherwise that could be quite unfair

haven't yet seen anyone try to take back a bad decision, cyan felt it was unfair that he had absolutely no say in the way things went, and the only reason martin let jaxsom save him, is because he didn't want anyone to die, he didn't want jaxsom to teleport in at all, ben pointing out that he'd have time to save himself gave martin the opportunity to do things as he wanted

muggins:
everything in the ta (text adventure) is up to martin

5Text Adventure Comments Empty Re: Text Adventure Comments Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah, you have a point there John, but I'd prefer not to change the story...

Anyway, the new rule that I made up should fix this issue.

Muggins, I'm happy for you to join in, but this is a long running story that has been going on for a while now. It might be hard for me to find a place to bring you in, but I can think of something if you're keen on joining.

If you're keen on joining, then I suggest that you have a look at everything here, I know that its a lot, but if you don't have a look you won't have much of a clue on what we do here. Most importantly, check all the rules and stuff and it would be good to have a look at the story, so that you have a decent idea of what is actually going on. I know that its a lot, but it would be best to at least get a general idea on what is going on.

If after that you still want in, you'll have to create a character, which you can do in the Character sub-forum. Details on how to create a char is there and there are heaps of examples from everybody else's char. Once you create a char, we'll have a look at it and provided its all good, I can find a place to bring you into the story somewhere ahead...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum