Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How you can stop traffic jams Empty How you can stop traffic jams Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict

I try to do this when I'm driving along the freeway at peak hour. It saves you petrol too.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

2How you can stop traffic jams Empty Re: How you can stop traffic jams Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 am

The Derr Man

The Derr Man
Hmm, seems like a good strategy, might have to try it sometime.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thederrman

3How you can stop traffic jams Empty Re: How you can stop traffic jams Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:39 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
meh, i cbb doing that, i just weave through the traffic and take spots

4How you can stop traffic jams Empty Re: How you can stop traffic jams Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
The problem with this strategy in perth, most drivers are exactly like martin. They will see a car going slowly and leap in the gap. You will find much more than 10 drivers pushing in front of you. That, and the fact even if you do leave a gap, a lot of people will still rush past you if their lane is going faster and they will create a jam at the point of the exit because they are trying to squeeze in at the last second. His logic makes sense if most people were to drive like him. But perth is full of crazy drivers.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

5How you can stop traffic jams Empty Re: How you can stop traffic jams Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah. I agree with James. If people didn't push in, right at the last moment, there wouldn't be any problems. Even with this method, people are still going to be pushing in, so that is 10 cars in front that have to deal with people pushing in before it gets up to you.

They say that everyone should stay in the left lane and only go into the other lanes to overtake, well, that's not right. When it comes to the freeway because it just doesn't work.

What people should do is not get into the left lane until 2 exits before their exit and not one exit before. The left lane frees up when people leave.

You see it all the time. People just stay in the left lane the whole way. If you aren't going to exit, make it easier for everyone wanting to exit.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

6How you can stop traffic jams Empty Re: How you can stop traffic jams Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Yeah, I don't think that strategy will work or save you time, the drivers behind you will just get really pissed off at you and end up overtaking you. You'll just be a single car going slower than everybody else, sure he may be on to something, but one car is not going to make a difference on the freeway. What Emilia has said is right though, I get off the Vincent St exit a lot from the North to get to the city and there are cars coming in and going out of the freeway at that point, so a lot of cars have to change lanes at that part to enter and exit the freeway, a lot of idiot drivers who are just going forward end up staying on the left lane blocking everybody else, slowing everybody down, I see it happen every day. If you are not going to exit the freeway for a while you shouldn't be on the left lane because that is the lane people use to get on and off the freeway.

I must say that I am one to weave through traffic a lot on the freeway coming home from Perth, if you know how to do it and when to change lanes you can save a lot of time, because it usually ends up that half of the lanes stop moving while the others are still moving, its just a matter of getting on the right lanes at the right time, I've gotten better at it over the years with experience Razz.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum