Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NathanB

Forum Friendly
Hey,

Before i start i will include computer specs in case anyone can actually help me
MB:
Asus P6X58D-E
CPU:
Intel core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
RAM:
12GB (G.skill Rip jaw 1600mhz DDR3)
HDD:
50gb OCZ renodrive
500gb WD Black edition
2x 1.5 TB HDD WD
3x 2 TB HDD WD
GPU:
XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB
PSU:
1000W silent Pro gold Cooler-master

OK, now problem.... For some stupid reason it seems that i cant dual-screen with 2 X VGA cables that are connected to VGA to DVI converters which enable it to be connected to the GPU. I have tried to update the drivers and have mucked around with it for quite some time, also it is not the monitors because it works when either monitor are put into the top DVI slot but not when put into the bottom/secondary DVI slot.. even when i boot up with it just in the bottom one it still doesn't work.
Also if i connect a monitor into the bottom slot with DVI cable it works fine, it just doesn't like VGA monitors

FYI: The monitors only support a VGA cable to be connected.

If you don't know how to fix this problem who would want a ASUS VW227D 22" 1080p monitor which hasn't been used because my stupid graphics card wont let it work.. i bought it @ $150 so something moderately close to that would be nice.. You may try it out etc. and if u want more details about it just ask..

Hoping someone cant help me either way preferably if i can keep the monitors but both acceptable...

Thanks
[center]

MaJoR

MaJoR
Double Century
I have two 25" hooked up to my HD5870, but I'm using DVI and HDMI. I have zero issue. I know ATI cards have problems sometime with two of the same connector.

I'm really not sure how you should fix this. Maybe try a VGA to HDMI or Display port adapter for one monitor. But no guarantee that would fix it.

If you don't wanna buy a new monitor(s) I would suggest emailing AMD(ATI). Or search/post on ATI forum(http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=260).

I'm surprised there still selling monitor with only VGA. I have two older monitors and there VGA/DVI/HDMI.

If I come across a HDMI to DVI converter. I could try two DVI connections, but still different then your case.

Sorry bud, if you figure it out, would be curious to hear.

http://davelm.com

NathanB

Forum Friendly
Thats good to hear that HDMI + DVI works coz that was my next option, only problem is the converter from HDMI-DVI costs about $60 and then i will need a DVI-VGA converter so i was not sure that it would work.. But after lots of time on PLE's Website i saw that they will let you give back things that may not work, so thats a sign of relief.. and my last option was a DVI to VGA cable, as my brother has a HDMI to DVI cable i thought that might work

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum