Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Lets start off the Harry Potter thread by stating

Which book is your favourite?

Which is your favourite character?

Favourite part in the series?

Any part of the series you dislike?

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
The last book is definitely my favourite because it has a lot of action and contains a big war and the final fight against Voldemort.

I think my favourite character is Remus Lupin.

I think my favourite part of the series would be the whole final battle of Hogwarts, a lot happened during those last few hours of the story, like Ron and Hermoine kissing and Voldemort dieing.

I don't really dislike any part of the series besides the movies, a lot of the movies fail in a lot of parts.

3Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
The thing I really hated was Hermione's obsession with S.P.E.W. The way she acted about it really made her look so stupid.

4Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
When you asked the question Emilia, "Any part of the series you dislike?" I interpreted the question to mean any part in which you don't like the quality of writing, the quality of J.K.Rowling's writing is awesome and always great, but if it is in terms of actual content then there are many parts of the saga in which I have disliked where its about pointless squabbles between students, like Hermoine being a bitch about S.P.E.W.

That's why I liked the last book the most, because it took away the silly student life element of all the other books.

5Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:58 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I liked the student life stuff, it made the series feel so real. When I was younger and reading the books for the first few times when I was about 11, I actually half believed it was all true for a while, because it's quite realistic (and also I would have loved to escape to a boarding school away from my town).

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

6Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:48 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Can't really decide which is my favourite book, I'm leaning toward book 6, but not overly sure why exactly, might have to get back to you on that one...

I'm going to pick 2 characters instead of 1 for favourite: the Weasley twins! Surely no explanation is needed, they are just pure awesome, with their best moment being the havoc the wreak on Umbridge!

My favourite part of the series is in book 3, during the bit where Harry and Hermione use the Time Turner, specifically when Harry saves himself and Sirius from all the Dementors with a single Patronus Charm. Always found that part to be truely amazing.

I disliked some of the plot in book 5, like how the trap could have been avoided if Harry had done things a little differently, such as actually remembering that Sirius gave him a present that he never opened, as it would have done precisely what he needed: contact Sirius.

7Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:57 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
My favourite character would have to be Professor Lupin.
He is a gentle man, very loyal and quite a powerful wizard. There is just something about his personality I like. Plus David Thewlis played the character to perfection.

Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) EPICNESS

8Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Pearly

Pearly
I have absolutely no respect for people who are waiting for the movies to come out to find out what happens >.<

But,

Which book is your favourite? PoA

Which is your favourite character? Luna maybe? not sure.

Favourite part in the series? Definitely the Time Turner section. Brilliant Very Happy I liked how Hermione was obsessed with SPEW, it showed that she wasn't flawlessly brilliant. Actually, she could be one of my favourite characters too Smile

Any part of the series you dislike? Hmmmm, I don't think so. I even liked some of the bad bits too. The sexual tension pisses me off though, I just want them all to get it over and done with and go at each other Razz

http://selectstartmedia.net

9Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
I actually don't have an opinion when it comes to what is my favourite book, i liked all the books for the story they formed together.

Fav character... Gellert Grindelwald.. Because i think its a fair effort to lose when u have the elder wand...

Favourite part would be the giant battle at hogwarts in the last book which shows that even good guys can die.. (refering to Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks and Colin Creevey.. not Harry Potter because apparently hes better then that)

Most disliked part probably would be the ending of harry potter.. i mean u know the main character cant die but seriously? he had to willingly accept death so that the horcrux could be destroyed but he didnt actually die because he shares the same blood as voldemort which has his mothers protection... and then the second time he tries to kill harry it rebounds and kills himself because harry had become the true master of the elder wand as to be the master of the hallows & therefore the master of death, you must accept that u will eventually die..
So pretty much.. he fluked it

10Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
This essay is a very interesting take on Bellatrix. To me it seems very plausible. What do you guys think?

Mugglenet article

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

11Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:19 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Woah that is one epic theory! Sounds very plausible to me and would be a truly amazing continuation to the story if Jo ever continues it, which I certainly hope she does.

12Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Original_Book1

Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Original_HP2flat

Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Original_HP3

Harry Potter (Contains Spoilers) Original_book%204

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum