Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Free Application: Dropbox Empty Free Application: Dropbox Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Hello everyone

My latest discovery is one called Dropbox and this is one of my favourites.

This application is a way of accessing your files anywhere in the world.

You set up an account and install the application to your computer.
What ever files you want to use, you put into your dropbox. Then it uploads them to the website.

I have two computers. I have installed dropbox on both of them. Then, when I put anything into the dropbox of one computer, it will download to the second one, which is awesome, because I can take my other computer with me and it will show up when I gain access to the internet. Even if I don't have my computer, I can go to the dropbox website on any other computer and access the files from the web.

Plus, the program recognises if the two computers are on a LAN network, so you don't have to use your internet usage.

You can also share different folders within the dropbox with other people. I have a dropbox shared with James. I invited him to share the folder and now I can send files quickly and easily.
(As I am sure most of you know how badly Windows Live Messenger shares files)
He can put files in that folder too. You can invite as many people as you like to share a folder.

A pop up will show on your computer when you have received a new file or when files have been deleted.

There is a free version or a paid version.
The free version gives you 2GB of storage space, which is actually quite decent. The more people you invite to Dropbox, the more storage you get (250 MB per person)

There are no ads on your computer, or anything like that.

I highly recommend this application. If you do a lot of file sharing with your friends, this is something you should try.

Here is the promo video