Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Game Mode: Casual Mode Empty New Game Mode: Casual Mode Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:00 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
== New Game Mode: Casual Mode ==

This entirely new mode of play will provide new HoN players and casual gamers with a more “fun,” less punishing way to learn and play HoN. Elements in Casual Mode speed up progression and increase rewards in ways that remain true to the game's core identity, delivering a version that can be embraced by new and veteran players alike.

Changes from Normal Mode to Casual Mode are as follows
* Exp range from 1000 to 1300
* Removed gold loss on death
* Increased hero bounty
* Hero base gold bounty: from 200 to 300
* Hero gold bounty per level: from 5 to 10
* First blood bonus: from 200 to 300
* Gold bounty per streak: from 50 to 75
* Hero assist gold totals 50% of kill amount, split between all assisters
* Radius assist gold base: from 30 to 0
* Radius assist gold per level: from 5 to 0
* Respawn time per level from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
* Denies no longer deny experience
* Uphill miss chance removed
* Creeps give 1.25x of average normal mode value, no gold fluctuation
* Buildings give 1.5x of average normal mode value, no gold fluctuation
* Towers give global experience when killed, even to dead people, (by tower level): 150,200,250,300
* Tower last hit gold bounty: from 470,520,570,620 to 300,350,400,450
* Tower Team gold bounty: from 200,240,280,320 to 300,350,400,450
* The amount of experience required to reach the next level increases as the game goes on. This means that at the beginning, players level up a lot faster than in Normal Mode, but in the mid and late game they level up at about the same rate as in Normal Mode.
* Buyback costs are at 1.75x normal mode values
* Towers' armor scales with number of players alive; Buildings have 100% of armor when all are alive, scaling to 0 armor when your entire team is dead.

======================================================

I wanna hear some thoughts on this, Casual Mode replaces the previous "Easy Mode" which was intended to simply be a faster game, which it could be, but the means by which that was attempted, resulted in a significant breaking of the game balance favouring the late game carry heroes far more than the early game casters. To an extent you could argue that Casual Mode still has a similar acceleration that late game carry heroes will like, but its much easier to fight back as an early game caster with the removal of things like gold loss on death.

Other parts of the game like denying (killing your own units to reduce the reward for your opponents) make little to no difference in this version, results in a much easier play style which I think it could easily prove to be a nice introduction for the game, just as the mode intends. I've played it a little bit myself and it is fun, but of course though that is only my opinion, some players are probably going to be biased against it just like how they were against EM. Not that I blame them, EM broke the game balance. Casual however feels like just a fun game with less consequences for all to enjoy.

2New Game Mode: Casual Mode Empty Re: New Game Mode: Casual Mode Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:29 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Horrible game mode imo.

Pretty much, if you go a carry - good work you just won the game.

Nothing you can do can stop the enemy carry from farming because ganking it no longer any use!

The gold just stacks up so quickly its not funny. You can have your core items 5-10 minutes into the game...

Not for me, I think ill just stick with good old all pick mode and that alone.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

3New Game Mode: Casual Mode Empty Re: New Game Mode: Casual Mode Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:40 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Well you make it sound like carries are invincible, but they aren't, if you've got a good enough team you can take them down, some disable, bit of nuke, and hopefully a bit of a carry of your own will do the trick pretty well, especially with good disables.

The lack of losing gold on death makes it much easier for the casters to buy those disables for the support, that's the difference that can't be done in EM, you don't have the money to fight back, in casual you do.

Besides, you're supposed to have your core in 5-10 minutes, its designed to be a shorter game. If you play Casual Mode on Grimm's Crossing its much easier for the early gamers to gank the carries, theres less time spent wandering around the map due to its significantly smaller size, giving the carry less time farming it up, the two work quite well together.

4New Game Mode: Casual Mode Empty Re: New Game Mode: Casual Mode Wed May 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Mickle

Double Century
Detest Casual mode.
Been playing HON since early Beta.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum