Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:24 pm

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
hi all, since i was 8 years old and about 3 feet tall i have been racing, it all began in karts

Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Pictur10
that was taken back in '05

then i moved on to cars:
Chris Mitchell Racing #1 8245-210
im the one at the bottom of the hill (orange #2)

2009 was my first full season in the WA formula ford championship, i never expected to finish higher than the top 15 all year, but after only minimal testing all year, i placed 10th for the season, with 3rd place in the final round.

previously, i had taken back to back state karting chamionships in my last 2 years. with the state championship over, there was 1 round left in the 2009 series, the Bigpond 300 V8 supercars event...the formula ford 1600 category had been named as a support class and $10 000 was put up for grabs - winner takes all.

imagine...80,000 people, 3 big screens, 3 races and a full grid of 32 cars (net worth over $4M AUD) all racing their T*TS off to get to the front, and make a name, possibly a career.

being in my first year, i never expected to qualify well, or finish well for that matter, but in friday practice i was 8th fastest and qualified 8th on saturday morning, with only 1 second seperating the top 15 cars...it was set to be intense.

race 1 was insane, with cars touching wheels (remember touching wheels=bad) and passing all over the place, i managed to find some pace and found myself in 5th as i crossed the line.

race 2 wasnt as eventful, we had gone the wrong way with the chassis setup, so i struggled for pace, but managed to hold out in 5th

race 3 saw another driver jump the start - earning himself a 60 second penalty (very hard to make up in 12 laps), while i dropped 1 spot, i managed to secure 4th overall for the weekend...not bad as the youngest and most inexperienced driver in the field...

IMO those big screens are REALLY distracting at 120km/h

so, here are some more pics...enjoy

Chris Mitchell Racing #1 3461-210

Chris Mitchell Racing #1 8523-210

Chris Mitchell Racing #1 7766-210

i did have a video camera on the car, im just waiting for enough time and energy to edit the clips down to a youtube size (under 10 min) and then i will embed them on here for all to enjoy

im waiting for the external footage from the media company before i send out about 100 sponsorship requests to compete in the 2010 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship - the proving ground for any australian racer

for anyone who is interested in formula fords, or circuit/club racing in general, just send me a pm, i can answer any questions you have about price, licencing, eligability etc...ITS NOT AS EXPENSIVE AS YOU MAY THINK

as junior vice president of the Sports Car Builders Club of WA, i also urge you to check out some clubbies based on the lotus super 7, clubman cars can either be built as a low cost (make the whole thing yourself) or bought as a kit and built from donor parts, theyre great fun to drive and can whoop most standard sports cars (Evo,WRX,GTR etc) using a n/a SR20 engine!

2Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Thank you for writing that awesome post. It was so interesting to read.

Where were the photos taken?

Are some of these panoramic shots, because there are huge gaps in the post (and there was nothing wrong in the way you set it out)?

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:10 am

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
the photos are from perths only licence racing circuit, Barbagallo raceway, i dont know about panoramic shots, i was given the pictures by a pro photographer (for a fee of course) the shots come up fine on my screen

4Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Yeah Chris! lol Razz i think your main free sponsor should be Spectrum taking up roughly 90% of the car's space hehehe i joke i joke. But seriously, do you have any little space on the car that we could put a sticker? because that would seriously pwn.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

5Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
We have stickers now?
How about a T-Shirt? You all know how much I like tshirts.

6Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 am

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
i could get one chucked on the side of my helmet for youse
everyone sees the helmet, coz it site on the bench when im not on the track
just someone send me the logo layout and ill talk to my signwriter when its time to bar up for new sponsors

7Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Well, I am in the process of modifying the logo, so I will tell you when I finish Razz

8Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Tahts would be an awsome idea to get the name out..
Do we haev to pay you for advertising space or something?

9Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
nah coz my helmets not that big of a deal, ima getting it painted soon so ill make sure the paint is fluro to grab attention (im serious)

10Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
what should the sticker say? SPECTRUM.COM would seem the most obvious I guess.

11Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
It can't say Spectrum.com. That's not our web address!

12Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Icon_redface its early and I'm tired!

13Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:29 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Hurr hurr jordanfailed...
Something tellslme thisa new line of advertising! lawl..

14Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
could have the logo image, then www.spectrum.niceboard.org underneath it

15Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:16 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
everyone will be like, hmmm what is this spectrum that is everywhere? I must investigate!

16Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Then they sign up, and experience the awesomeness that we have to offer, and they shall never leave.

17Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:51 pm

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
well this afternoon i took the car down to binbury city kart club - my old stomping grounds, to do a demo to inspire the kids for the next generation of motorsports. now i have alot of upset parents coz their kids wanna race formula ford, but im amazed i managed to drive a racecar on a go kart track and still hit over 120km/h. unfortuneately i didnt get any pictures but i left a few big thick black marks along the bitumen! LOL

18Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
i almost got a drive in the australian aussie racing cars championship!

but i needed $60k to do it so...FAIL

19Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
bad luck me breda

20Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:29 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
I really want to go this weekend, to the racing. I hear it starts at 2pm but chris doesnt know when he is racing.

21Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
ROOOOOOOOOOOOAD TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
if i wasnt working D:

22Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I want to go too. Find out when you are racing Chris!

23Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
I would but an hour drive = not cool.

24Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 pm

mental_raycer

mental_raycer
Getting Known
hi everyone, finally the western australia sporting car club has gotten of their asses and released the timetable and information for thei nightmasters 2nd round on the 13th march

qualifying for all classes gets underway at 12.50pm, with the first races starting at 2.30, all the racing goes thru into the night where the cars will race under lights (only sedans and sport cars)

there is lots to see as the night masters are some of the biggest and best rounds of the WA motorsports calendar

my first qualifying session is at 1pm, with races 1,2 and 3 at 2.45, 4.10 and 5.30 respectiveley

spectator entry is $10 per adult or $30 per car (max 5 adults) youn guns under 14 go free.

earlier today the sporting car club issued this press release for the event: most importantly, read the last pragraph on page 1 (im christopher mitchell)
Media Release
For immediate release, 5 March 2010
No V8 Supercars at Barbagallo
However the racing doesn’t stop with Smarter than Smoking
Night Masters on 13 March
Though the V8 Supercars may not be making an appearance at Barbagallo Raceway in 2010 all is
not lost for motor racing fans here in the West. The local scene is thriving as the WA Sporting Car
Club gets stuck in to the 2010 racing season with the second of the
[/size]Smarter than Smoking Night
Masters
[/size]at Barbagallo Raceway on Saturday 13 March. For only the second time since night
racing commenced at Barbagallo Raceway back in 1991 racing will be on the long circuit with a
record entry of over 140 cars covering eight categories of racing.
This record entry coming down the huge hill on the long circuit at 200kmh plus in the dark should
provide an awesome spectacle of flaming exhausts and brakes glowing bright red.
Last season saw a huge growth in competitor participation and produced entertaining close racing
throughout the season in all categories and looks to continue this year. The popular Saloon Cars
return for this meeting with the huge Commodore/Falcon category broken into two fields of cars
with the Falcon AU/ Holden VT and the Falcon EA/Holden VN doing battle. State Champion in the
AU/VT class Nathan Callaghan will lead the Commodore battle along with 2008 Champion - Dion
Panizza, Grant Johnson, and Brett Stewart up against the ever improving Falcons of the Tremeer
trio of Jason, Craig and Colin along with Rick Gill, providing plenty of panel rubbing action.
National Saloon Car Series contender Clint Harvey returns in the Falcon EA/Commodore VN class
in his Commodore to do battle with the Commodores of Michael Julien, Travis Sharpe and Chris
Reindler while the stand out Falcon should be Rick Gill in his EA and a class that is currently
dominated by the Holden Commodore.
For open wheeler fans Formula Ford will be back in force in what should be an exciting year for
this class which always produces fast and close racing action with a number of new competitors
and some rising stars looking to take out this year’s WA State Championship. Could this be the
year we see the first female motor racing champion in WA? Hollie Tucker in her Fastlane Van
Diemen was impressive in 2009 and should rattle a few of the boys like Christopher Mitchell, Justin
Locke, Ben-Lee D’Limi and Aaron Caratti.
- 2 -
Formula Vee gets a boost with a number of new competitors and the return of Cameron Edwards
in the Brett Scarey Ajay 08 up against Derek Burns and Daniel Gate should produce some
entertaining racing.
The fastest growing category at the moment with the widest range of manufactures is Improved
Production Cars. Ashley Barnett kicked of the season impressively in his Nissan 200SX but will be
under pressure for this meeting from the Subaru WRX of Kevin Ledger from the Commodore of
Kerry Wade and Matt Cherry in the Monaro.
Sports Cars and Sports Sedans should see close racing between Steve Myburgh’s very quick
Nissan up against the Mazda RX-7 of Cade Bell and the Porsche GT3’s of Walter Epple,
Benhan Bordbar and George Bradbury
Street Cars are back in growing numbers with the biggest field in three years looking to take it to
the Mazda RX-7 brigade headed by Mark Greenham, Peter Major and Troy Stones.
Racing kicks off at 2.30pm Saturday afternoon going through to 10.00pm into the evening with
non-stop motor racing action, including an on track demonstration by the UWA Formula SAE World
Championship winning team.
Adults just $10 and kids under 14 are free. There is lots of food and drink and free rides for the
kids, so bring the family. Entry into the pits is free, so you can come and meet the drivers and get

up close and personal with the cars.

heres the video i made on wednesday night (boredom ftw)

25Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Empty Re: Chris Mitchell Racing #1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
That first corner is really fricken bumpy. you woulda thought they'd have fixed it by now. But nice racing btw.

Cant wait to come see you live!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum