Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Troll Physics. Empty Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I have no reason to believe that these inventions shall not work, they seem logical.
IF you can find one logical explanation as to why each one of these images WONT work.
(However, practicabilty does not count as a point.)
Bite me.

Troll Physics. 1285634508494

Troll Physics. 1285634543255

Troll Physics. 1285634918384

Troll Physics. 1285645006166

Troll Physics. 1285645327106

2Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
The water one FAILS so badly it is funny.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Bite me, it works.

4Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 am

MASTER JOOBAWOK

MASTER JOOBAWOK
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
YOU FAIL MINIMAN. THE METAL WOULD JUST COME OUT OF THE WATER.

YOU MIND IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A JOOBAWOK. I DON'T CONVERT THE DOWN RIGHT STUPID.

5Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:40 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
Here is y it doesn't work the metal would come out of the water, and besides that. The metal would be drawn to one of the magnets and stay there and not be pulled to the next one, unless they were of varying strengths, then the metal would just all get stuck at the strongest one, the only way to make this work would be not to use water and to use electromagnets what would mean you wouldn't have infinite energy.

6Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I AGREE. MINIMAN'S LOGIC IS RIDICULOUS. HIS MIND IS TOO PUNY TO BE A JOOBAWOK. ALL HUMAN'S WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE A JOOBAWOK SHALL DIE INSTEAD WHEN THE GREAT CLEANSING BEGINS.

7Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
The only one i find remotely possible is the flashlight one, but the light particle would have have to be traveling perpendicular to the mirrors with no variation.

8Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I wonder what would happen if you used charged water particles.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

9Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
ACTUALLY NO LIFE. THE FLASHLIGHT ONE IS NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE EVERY TIME THAT LIGHT HITS A MIRROR, SOME OF THE LIGHT IS ABSORBED WHILE MOST OF IT IS REFLECTED. THEREFORE THE LIGHT WILL NOT REFLECT FOREVER.

MAYBE ONE DAY YOU CAN JOIN US AND BECOME A JOOBAWOK AS WELL LIFE WHILE THE MORE STUPID HUMANS ARE ELIMINATED DURING THE GREAT CLEANSING.

10Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Hurr hurr.
Thats one.

And emilia, if you aint got the balls to say something to someone over the internet, WITH your own profile, dont say anything at all. -facepalm.jpg-

11Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:49 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
*MINIMAN GETS HIT BY AN INFINITE FACEPALM*

THAT IS INFINITE ENERGY

12Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
I meant if the mirrors were perfect (what no mirror is true but meh) so that they had 100% reflection.

13Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
OH YES. IF A MIRROR HAD 100% REFLECTION THEN IT WOULD WORK, BUT NO HUMAN MIRROR IS CAPABLE OF THAT.

14Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Please tell em why the hot air balloon one wont work.

15Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
YOUR MIND IS TOO PUNY TO TRUELY UNDERSTAND, BUT I WILL EXPLAIN AS SIMPLY AS POSSIBLE.

THE ATMOSPHERE ROTATES WITH THE EARTH. THE EARTH IS A SINGLE BODY INCLUDING ITS ATMOSPHERE, SO WHEN IT ROTATES IN SPACE, THE ATMOSPHERE ROTATES AT THE SAME RATE. ONLY THE WIND AND FORCES OF THE WEATHER CAN MOVE THE BALLOON, BUT THE BALLOON WILL NOT SIMPLY JUST GO AROUND THE EARTH BECAUSE THE ROCK OF THE EARTH IS ROTATING WHILE ITS ATMOSPHERE DOESN'T, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. THE ATMOSPHERE IS MATTER JUST LIKE ANY GAS.

16Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
Lets say you took off in Europe the earth is spinning at about 1450 kph there (Higher speeds the closer you are to the equator coz the earth is fatter there) including the atmosphere meaning you will just be pulled along.

17Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
YES. YOU WOULD MOVE WITH THE EARTH.

18Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
THATS THE IDEA. OMFG.

19Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
IF YOU ARE MOVING WITH THE EARTH, YOU ARE NOT TRAVELING AROUND IT, YOU WILL STILL BE IN THE SAME PLACE.

20Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 am

WispsOfLight

The light one doesn't work for a couple reasons. One, every surface diffuses light a little bit. There is no mirror in the world that is perfectly flat down to the molecular level, that is impossible, and slight variations in the angles would eventually cause the light to leave the mirrors. Two, there is no perfectly reflective mirror. Every mirror allows minute amounts of light to pass through, and over the course of time, all the light would be gone. Three, the mirrors would have to be held at the perfect angles for eternity for this to even be plausible. So if you have a absolutely perfect mirror in every sense of the word, and you can manage to hold it perfectly steady for an infinite period of time, then you might have a chance. But, I'm not sure if photons lose energy over distance. I've heard one side, where photons lose energy, but cannot lose speed, and so they become more red shifted. I've heard other theories that light cannot lost energy ever, only dispersion can cause loss of intensity. I've also heard that light propagation causes loss of energy. I'm not certain if any of these are true, but if any of them hold, and the light trapped would simply lose energy and die out even if you managed to get everything perfect. On top of all of that, light itself bends with the curvature of space-time caused by the gravity of the Earth and other stellar objects. This would also cause the eventual diffusion of light. One possible way to solve this is to get rid of every stellar object in existence that has mass... which the mirrors do too. So, a mirror with no mass with no mass present around it. If you manage to do that, the light would heat of the molecules of mirror, increasing entropy, and the 'perfectly flat' mirror wouldn't be flat anymore. So a mirror with 0 specific heat capacity. The idea itself is bizarrely unreal, as the situations required are simply impossible, and even if the situations were implemented, I'm still not sure it would hold. This requires a universe with no mass, a perfectly flat and reflective mirror down to the molecular level with 0 specific heat capacity,and the person (who has no mass) has to hold it perfectly stead for eternity. And thus, it is called Troll Physics.

21Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 am

WispsOfLight

But, since MiniMan said that practicality is not a point, then I guess technically converting all the mass in the universe to energy, inventing a massless perfectly flat non heat/light absorbing 0 Cv mirror and finding a way to hold it without any mass perfectly level for an eternity are all just practicality points, since it's completely impractical to do the impossible. Very poor choice to say that practicality is not a valid point MiniMan. I have bitten you

22Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Oh wow this is old.

Good times

23Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 am

Cpl. Pickles

Cpl. Pickles
Double Century
Everyone seems to have missed the whole point of TrollPhysics. Also, why are we all yelling?

24Troll Physics. Empty Re: Troll Physics. Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Im a sparky

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum