Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choose as many as applicable - Girls ONLY

Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_lcap26%Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_lcap15%Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_lcap11%Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_lcap11%Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_lcap15%Girls: Vote in this poll! I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:23 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
This topic would normally go into the Deep and Meaningful board, but I need as many votes as possible from the girls!

In this poll, choose as many of the options as you like, that are applicable to you.

Also, feel free to comment. This is the Guest Wall, so you do not need an account to vote or comment!

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I prefer to do things for myself. It's a waste of time I reckon if for instance, the guy opens up my door, closes it for me and then goes and sits in the drivers seat. Because then I'm just sitting and twiddling my thumbs waiting for him to start the car, put his seatbelt on etc. But if we're both going to sit in the back of a taxi for instance, then it's nice for him to open the door and let me in first.

But really, I don't mind either way.

Except for chairs. It's my chair, I know how close I want it to the table, you don't need to pull it out for me, I can do that for myself thanks. Also, it's really old fashioned.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

3Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

DOAc0d3r

I don't expect these things from a guy on a normal day, but it is nice to have these things done when you go out for a special occasion etc.

4Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Thanks Coder Smile

5Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:54 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Emilia, despite saying so in the other thread, you didn't actually give us your opinion here.

It was interesting to hear what little opinion there is tho, kinda wish we had more girls on here to give their opinions of it...

6Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah, I can give you my opinion.

I love a gentleman, but really, these things are just polite things to do.

Opening the door for me, cool.
Pulling out my chair, romantic. If any other guy did that for me, I would find it a bit uncomfortable.
Car door, don't bother, unless you are getting into someone else's car, like a taxi.

7Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:02 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
couldn't agree with you more emilia

8Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I think all women think more or less the same as Emilia, unless you are really old or a crazy feminist who would take the smallest thing as sexist...

9Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I disagree with Emilia on some things. I don't like my chair being pulled out for me because I find it old fashioned and to be honest, weird.

Opening doors and letting me go through first is fine, and it's just nice manners regardless of gender anyway - I do it myself if I reach a door before somebody.

But having a guy get out from one side of the car, going around to my side and then opening my car door takes too long. By the time they'd done that I would be already out of the car lol.

If me and the guy are getting into a taxi and they reach the door first, it's nice if they hold it open for me but I'm not fussed either way (however if I'm wearing a short skirt and the guy isn't my partner/dad/close friend I'd prefer them to get in first lol)

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

10Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
I do agree with you as well Naru, the chair this is questionable, doors and car doors however, its all a matter of ease, as long the it doesn't pointlessly take me out of my way.

Example if i were to open the door for a girl despite being the driver myself, would simply waste time, similar applies to getting out of the car, unless you both get out the same door that the guy gets out of first, chances are its not really worth rushing on the guys part or waiting on the girls part.

I would actually say similar applies to the chair, it would be silly if she gets there first and waits for you to pull the chair out, but if you get their first why not. As emilia said though, this would only be proper in the case of a relationship.

However one could argue, if you opened the door for the girl and let her into the restaurant first, unless the two of you have to stop before getting to the table, surely she is going to reach the table before the guy and no easy opportunity to pull it without looking silly one way or another. Which could still happen even if you do stop to wait for a table, after all, ladies first? lol

11Girls: Vote in this poll! Empty Re: Girls: Vote in this poll! Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:58 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
That is where you rush forward and scoot in

HAHAHA

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum