Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Train Disruptions Perth 27th Aug 2010  Empty Train Disruptions Perth 27th Aug 2010 Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:10 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Trains were disrupted severely today as train drivers called in sick. I have been listening to the radio throughout the day. It was said originally that 30 drivers called in sick, but I just heard that there was actually 60. It is suspected that this is some kind of strike.

Train Disruptions Perth 27th Aug 2010  Article-train-420x0
People playing Sardines at Leederville Station.

The Joondalup/Mandurah line was the worst hit, with the usual 12 trains an hour in peak traffic cut down to 2. People were stranded on the platform waiting for trains and even when they did show up, most were full.

People who caught the train are also complaining that they have been overcharged using their SmartRider. Transperth has confirmed that this is due to the service disruptions and people were being charge default fares. You will automatically be reinbursed the money and Transperth has tweeted asking people to stop calling them to ask for their money back.
Train Disruptions Perth 27th Aug 2010  4069944-Trans-Perth-0
Teenage male tells Transperth how it is.

People are now encouraged not to take the train home and find another way of getting to the Fremantle game tonight.

Train Disruptions Perth 27th Aug 2010  Transperth-Small-change-can-make-big-difference
Trains take the matter into their own hands. Warning of transformer killing spree to come.

PS: All information is correct to the best of my knowledge. The pictures were there as a lame attempt to make you laugh.

I am very happy I decided not to go to uni today. I don't want to be stuck at Canning Bridge at night.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
**** that is bad, I'm happy that I didn't take the train today.

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
Yeah me too, although the freeway wasn't all that much better today.

97 train drivers have what the ABC radio called the "Blue Flu"

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
just got the train home like five minutes ago >.>
almost missed it, and god knows when the next one was coming

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum