Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
What is the character that you choose to play over every other?

What character do you hate the most?

What is your favourite map?

What is your favourite item?

What character do you think is secretly powerful and overlooked?

Add anything else you like Smile

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 5:32 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
The original owns Brawl. No questions.

I always chose Mario.
I hate anyone I'm not playing.
Fave map is Zeldas castle.
Fave item is the pokeball.
Luigi is unstoppable if you use him right.

I answered them as if they were about the original, in case you didn't get it.

3Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 am

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
Fav char: Marth and Pit

Most hated: Hmmmmm no one in particular

Fav map: The pokemon stage coz its awesome (and the HUGE map that is on a floating island, with the tunnel system and the castle and so forth)

Fav item: Smash ball Very Happy and prob the bomb

Secretly powerful: Depends who you are talking to, between all my friends I know someone who is awesome with every character.

The only thing I don't like is that when samus uses her Smash attack she is forced to stay in zero suit form until she gets another smash ball (what then does nothing)

4Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 5:39 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I hate Luigi in Brawl. So lame...

Favourite character is Kirby Very Happy
Least favourite is Snake...too slow, but his final smash is very powerful.
Favourite map...I don't really have one, but I think the ice climbers map is funny.
Favourite item is the Pokeball.
Peach is definitely overlooked.

5Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 5:59 am

ThePinkMamaLuigi

ThePinkMamaLuigi
Official GE:S Clan Member
My favorite character is Meta Knight and Kirby
My least favorite character is Lucas, Too gay, wimpy and a bit of a clone
My favorite map is the Halberd because It is from Kirby's Fun Pak
My least favorite map is Jungle Beat or something because it is the Ice Mountain (Melee stage) of Brawl except without the Ice and its Donkey Kong
Favorite item excluding Final Smash would be Assist Trophy
I honestly think Lucas is overlooked

http://tpml-blog.blogspot.com/

6Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
I don't have SSMB nor do I have a wii, so I don't play that game much, but when I do play I usually just select random for the character because I don't really care that much what character I play as. Though, I must say that I particularly like playing as Donkey Kong, every time I play as Donkey Kong I always tend to cause some serious damage on the other players, bashing them and throwing them easily. I hate pikachu the most, that character always seems to do ****. I don't play the game enough to have a favourite map or item and I think all of the characters can be used very well if someone knows how to use them, even the pikachu, I just always do **** when I'm pikachu.

7Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Pikachu is the best character actually.

You can kill someone when they are on full health in one hit.

8Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sun May 30, 2010 8:55 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
meh, I always play the worst with pikachu, but then again, I don't play the game enough to know that much about the game

9Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 7:42 am

Pearly

Pearly
In the original, I played as Samus, now, it's either Zelda/Sheik, Pokemon Trainer or Samus. Not because they're the most powerful or anything, just because I like them Smile. I'm not bad with most of them, so when I play a noob I just be some random person like DK or Fox. My mate always beats me with Snake, and I don't know why.

Oh, and I love King Dedede, just for his AWESOME Final Smash. And Luigi's final smash is the worst thing ever.

Best item = HAMMER!!! Best music too. Has been since the very first one.

Why does everyone prefer the original? They're like the same, but better graphics, more maps, more characters, more items, etc. If you don't like the Wii Remote controls, use a GC controller.

http://selectstartmedia.net

10Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 7:45 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
King Dedede is awesome fun ^^

I never had the original, so I would never know.

But I know that they are making the moves deal less damage than the original though.

11Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 7:56 am

Pearly

Pearly
Did they? Haha I had no idea. Probably a good thing though, it'd allow for a lotttt more balance.

http://selectstartmedia.net

12Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 am

Kingfrozen

Kingfrozen
Rainbow Lover
I like the games, but I have neither a Wii nor a Gamecube. My N64 still works fine though. I'd still play as Pikachu or Kirby.

The littler characters, while doing less damage per hit, can hit more times per second/minute than the larger ones like DK and Bowser. The big ones will fall slowly thus allowing cheap-shots by people who like to be pains in the ass and attack with the basics as fast as possible rather than going for smashes.

Also, since i haven't played the one on the Wii, what is this "final smash" thing you speak of?

13Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
A coloured ball floats around the stage. If you character hits it enough, they perform a special attack which is very powerful.

For example, Kirby's final smash is he produces a cooking pot and if the others are close enough to it, they get sucked in, their damage goes up and they fly out of the pot. It also creates a lot of random items.

Every character has a unique final smash and the way it is used is different for each one Smile

14Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Mon May 31, 2010 9:35 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
Never played it. Evar.
I think... not sure.

15Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:55 am

DeMoN

DeMoN
Century
fav:metaknight
hated: comps playing snake
fav map: cornelia was pretty awesome. sometimes warios warehouse thing.
fav item: power hammer lel
overlooked extremely powerful character: sonic. hands down. sonic

16Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
saddens me to say I've never owned any of the smash games Sad

Most Played: Link, he's who I'm best with, being their from N64 I've had the most chance to play him, after that would have to be Ike because of the fire

Hate: Don't hate any in particular but the guys with epic recovery capacity are annoying

EDIT: sif my post got cut in half...

Fav Map: don't have one because I haven't played enough but the Pokemon Stadium is pretty good

Fav Item: Lightsaber

Overlooked: Sonic, definitely have to agree with Tizzy

wish I had brawl to play, want to get good with Ike

17Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 am

. MAL .

. MAL .
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
Oh !! I Love SSBB, I ever played with my friends !! Razz

Like : I before played with Luigi, xD, but I changed for Ness. I don't control his power, but I like him lol! I keen on Zelda too, and Metaknight.
Hate : I don't hate character, except maybe Pitt or the robots, they aren't super...
Fav map : I don't remember its name, it's a map in a city with a dragon who sometimes appear, and a pirate boat...
Fav item : Smash ball, laser sword and... baseball bat ! =D
Character with secretly powerful : Ness ? Laughing

18Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 am

KiSM

KiSM
Double Century
Fav Flayer: Mr Game and Watch
Hated Char: Olimar
Map: Final Destination
Item: Pokeball

http://onegeek.tumblr.com

19Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
I tend to choose: "Yoshi" or "Lucario" I can kick ass with both Wink (I'll kick yours too)

The character I hate the most: Whatever my opponent is playing, but it wont matter too much.

My favourite map: I usually like the maps with minimal platforms and a BIG fall below. So anything like Battlefield, Final Destination, as well as a few others and even Pictochat!! o.O (tis an epic stage)

My favourite item: FOOD!!! and Whatever Weapon I have, cos my opponent does not!

Character that I think is secretly powerful and overlooked? Luigi & Lucas

Would anyone like to Challenge Me!?!?

20Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
You'll have to come over for a Nintendo Wii party Kevin Very Happy

21Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 am

KevlarShock

KevlarShock
Double Century
Very Happy WOO!! OKAY!!

22Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 am

OJPhoenix

OJPhoenix
Spectrum is My Best Friend
Ooh Wii Party would be awesome!

I got to play some Brawl at a party last night which was also awesome because of how infrequently I get to play it. I said I wanted to get good with using Ike but apparently I forgot that, and rediscovered that I can play Bowser well enough Very Happy

We got our asses handed to us one game by this guy (can't remember his name ><) who could use Sonic REALLY well!

23Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 am

Soul

Soul
What is the character that you choose to play over every other?
I'll say Pit, Pokemon Trainer, and Meta Knight

What character do you hate the most?
. . .In turns of using, I HATE the Ice Climbers in terms of fighting against, Toon Link. Ridiculously powerful and annoying in Wi-Fi >=T

What is your favourite map?
Final Destination and Temple of Hyrule

What is your favourite item?
What else? The Smash Ball haha

What character do you think is secretly powerful and overlooked?
Uh...well where I am Jigglypuff is overlooked but if its Smash Ball Power hits it's almost immediate doom for the opponent unless there's a wall blocking them so yeah. Then of course there's Bowser's low billing but in Stamina, Bowser is probably the most powerful if there's a ledge. Using his Side Arrow Special Attack, pick up the opponent, toss 'em over the edge, no way to get out like with Kirby and DeDeDe. As far as everything else, Lucas and Luigi are def overlooked and Zero Suit Samus is actually a monster if she doesn't get hit a lot because after 50% Dmg she flies across the screen like Jigglypuff when hit. But if you user Down Smash and Stun the Enemy then Side Smash you can basically ruin all but the Tanks i.e Bowser, DeDeDe, Ganondorf, and DK. But they're just minor things I've noticed.

Has anyone played Melee? Who misses Mewtwo?

http://voydforums.forumotion.net/forum

24Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:03 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I never played Melee. Never touched a Gamecube, so I wouldn't know.

25Super Smash Brothers Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 am

Soul

Soul
Oh that's alright. I'll tell you this though. Mewtwo was the most powerful character in the game. They replaced him with Lucario because the developers feared he was a little TOO powerful. One of his specials just stops the opponent dead in their tracks and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball was about 3 times as powerful as Lucario's Aura Sphere. His other moves weren't bad either if I remember right. My GC's mem card was erased. I'm working on re-unlocking Mewtwo now. Takes a while.

http://voydforums.forumotion.net/forum

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum