Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Movie Country

Choose A Genre #2 I_vote_lcap56%Choose A Genre #2 I_vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Choose A Genre #2 I_vote_lcap44%Choose A Genre #2 I_vote_rcap 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Choose A Genre #2 Empty Choose A Genre #2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Movies are made around the world (obviously).
Some main places are America and England.
Which country do you prefer making your movies?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

2Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Love Actually Very Happy

I just have a thing for all things British, it seems.

It is just different to everything else on TV (American galore)

CSI: London

I'd watch Razz

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

3Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Britain has made a few good movies, but America has made a lot more good movies, after all, most movies come from America. If I had to choose between only watching American movies or British movies I would choose America any day, as they make a lot more good movies. Plus, I've noticed that mainly all British sitcoms are crap imo. There's something about their type of humour that I don't find funny at all, I just mainly find British sitcoms stupid and childish, whereas there are numerous sitcoms from America that I just love to watch, so America always wins over for me.

Though, I must say that there is one British sitcom that I'm watching regularly on tv atm that I'm enjoying. Its called The Inbetweeners and its on Go tuesday nights. A lot of the humour on that sitcom is very sick, in the same style of Family Guy and South Park and the show being British, they keep using weird British sayings and slang, but I'm enjoying the show, that's got to be the first british sitcom that I've ever liked lmao

4Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Pearly

Pearly
For me, it's usually American comedy that I can't stand, and British comedy that I love. British comedy is a lot more mature, there's no rubbish shows like Family Guy or American Dad. There are a few American comedy shows that I like, such as South Park, Scrubs and Big Bang Theory. England, on the other hand, has created Monty Python's Flying Circus, Mr. Bean, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Black Books, Skins, the Goodies, etc. Plus, don't forget that they did Doctor Who.

I have a bitter hatred for American movies due to their always crap Americanisations of foreign films - the Ring, the Grudge, Rec (called Quarantine in US), etc; and I'm very very scared for three of my favourite films of all time, the Orphanage [Spanish], Pan's Labyrinth [Spanish] and Death Note [Japanese], because they're all lined up for remakes.

http://selectstartmedia.net

5Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Yeah. The Lake House is originally Korean, but it got Americanised...but I love that movie ^^

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

6Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Sat May 01, 2010 4:23 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
There's nothing wrong with American remakes of movies as long as they're good movies. I've seen Quarantine and that movie is good, I enjoyed watching it immensely, that movie has got to be the best movie from the perspective of a real video camera that I've seen so far, unlike the crap of Paranormal Activity.

I forgot about Mr Bean, that show is good as well

7Choose A Genre #2 Empty Re: Choose A Genre #2 Sun May 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Earthworm Jimbo

Earthworm Jimbo
Getting Known
Pearly wrote:There are a few American comedy shows that I like, such as South Park, Scrubs and Big Bang Theory. England, on the other hand, has created Monty Python's Flying Circus, Mr. Bean, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Black Books, Skins, the Goodies, etc.

That's strange Pearly, I never really considered Skins as a comedy, more as a teen drama. But ya, it does have some hilarious moments.

I have a bitter hatred for American movies due to their always crap Americanisations of foreign films - the Ring, the Grudge, Rec (called Quarantine in US), etc; and I'm very very scared for three of my favourite films of all time, the Orphanage [Spanish], Pan's Labyrinth [Spanish] and Death Note [Japanese], because they're all lined up for remakes.

I can't believe they're making an Americanized version of Pan's Labyrinth, SAY IT ISN'T SO!

I've really grown tired of the American entertainment machine recently, and these past 2-3 years I've been looking into the netherworld of the internet for good foreign made entertainment. If you guys remember, my first post here was on a New Zealand show I really liked. I'm gonna look into some of the British shows you listed Pearly, and hopefully watch them over the summer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum